Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Ew. Why did I come on this thread to see discussion about D*lR*yD**ly? Vom.

Anyway, to the owner, sorry I denied your request for you to purchase LanaBoards off of me when you realised your forum was flopping, but that doesn’t mean you should send your users mainly consisting of banned members to advertise your forum.

I’ll bury a hatchet before it forms, but I’ll serenade you off with this bop -

Now back to good vibes and NFR discussion!! (& please note anyone who comes on here just to advertise DRD will be quick to recieve WPs/ban - thx! x)

where the fuck is the Elle appreciation thread?????

negAbhB.png

however, my fav line of the era is:

WHO I AM IS A BIG TIME BELIEVER THAT PEOPLE CAN CHANGE

:defeated: a poet

same!

hi :) I've finally been able to sign up! (thanks again) actually been going through this thread for a few months now. i'd like to weigh in with the favorite lyrics so far! i actually like them, haha, i know it's not like... her best work relating to lyrics, but she's channeling her inner joni mitchell + obvs leonard cohen and i like it. i also loved the poems. i'm happy she's happy and i'm still super hyped abt it, although i do agree w the impatience.

mac: i think this is my favorite, lyrically wise. i loved it so much when it came out, i couldn't believe it after the mess that l4l is. such an underwhelming project really (in my opinion, of course). does anyone listen to the smashing pumpkins here? the intro made me get  mellon collie and the infinite sadness (album as a whole) vibes, also thanks to the sea visuals:

You lose your way, just take my hand / You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again / Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am

ugh, i love it.

this is how to disappear: i liked this one so much too! I know he's in over his head but I love that man nobody can / he moves mountains and turns them to ground again

venice bitch: love the frusciante inspired guitars. i really do. this is like a dream come true for me, lol. i do find some parts cringey but hey, she's like that. i love the one dream one life one lover. and this: If you weren't mine, I'd be Jealous of your love

hope is a dangerous thing etc. etc.: Writing in blood on your walls / 'Cause the ink in my pen don't look good in my pad

other than that, I love the first verse of cinnamon, really. wow. in your car doesn't really stand out from what we've heard and happiness is a butterfly has never been of my taste. 

x

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Anyway, to the owner, sorry I denied your request for you to purchase LanaBoards off of me when you realised your forum was flopping, but that doesn’t mean you should send your users mainly consisting of banned members to advertise your forum.

https://youtu.be/ebb5AinKxWI

Now back to good vibes and NFR discussion!! (& please note anyone who comes on here just to advertise DRD will be quick to recieve WPs/ban - thx! x)

go off queen :heart:

LIZARD PEOPLE

i just want lana to star something like The Babadook

The cinematography was great, I loved how creepy it was, but overall I thought the movie was pretty funny lol. I think the scariest part for me was when the mom thought it was one of the policemen when she saw the wardrobe hung up at the station. 

Back on topic though, I think it'd be really cool to see her in some sort of horror flick. The HM hm video was eerily beautiful.

I'd be real surprised if she came up w anything like that on NfR tho  

we go fast

we go so fast

we don't move

the first two lines are how we thought the era was going and the last line is how it's going now...  :toofunny:

STAMINA  :icant:

Changing an iconic title for a basic one? That's so Lana whew

tumblr_inline_po0v90Vp451r3ucdb_1280.gif

I first thought of Heal Me from ASIB, but I think Hold Me is only a title Britney can pull off, I mean there're a handful of songs on Glory(hole) ending in me's lol

UV/Honeymoon

https://youtu.be/ebb5AinKxWI

Elle right now:

:troll:

But seriously why would someone spend money on advertising such a garbage site :what:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

is she ever going to write good lyrics again or is it just going to be random obscure references that no one cares about

?

This post got me wondering about her references and it made me think of what she said in the Harper's Bazaar interview:

HB: Your latest single, "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it" seems very prescient of the time we're in. Where was your head at when you were writing it?

LDR: If you read in between the lines so that you're listening carefully, you can tell there's a lot jam-packed into that song. I actually tried to do all my interviews before I released it, so that I wouldn't talk about it, because it's just one of those songs that is really personal to me for a lot of different reasons and that's often how my music is. I jam-pack a lot of Easter eggs, one-liners that only I know what they mean. Throw in couple of phrases that are significant to my group of friends, and then just put it out online and let it live.

It makes me kind of sad to think that no matter how much we analyse her lyrics, sometimes we can't know everything because of how obscure her references are. And now she even kinda confirms that very bluntly in the interview :(

This post got me wondering about her references and it made me think of what she said in the Harper's Bazaar interview:

“I am drinking so much wheat grass, wearing so much neon, going to so many spin classes that it's ridiculous. I'm just not posting any of it like I said I would. So, yes, I am living the secret life of an Instagram baddie quietly in L.A., so I've got the best of both worlds going on over here.”

SORRY WHAT?!

giphy.gif

Hi guys,

I just wondered: do you imagine what kind of banger Venice Bitch would be if Dan Auerbach produced it?

And why isn't she collaborating with him again? I mean, don't we deserve another masterpiece following the steps of Ultraviolence?

Hi guys,

I just wondered: do you imagine what kind of banger Venice Bitch would be if Dan Auerbach produced it?

And why isn't she collaborating with him again? I mean, don't we deserve another masterpiece following the steps of Ultraviolence?

Dan might not want to again. After what happened during UV with Interscope, they kept denying his productions even tho they’re superior and he might not want to have to go through that trouble again

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Hi guys,

He offered to work with her for a song or two on HM. She turned him down since she thought his vision wouldn’t fit HM. Plus she wanted to work with Rick alone. Their work on UV had some tensions from time to time. None that they couldn’t resolve, but still. So I don’t see any collab or some sort with Dan anytime soon.

I wish Lana and Hozier did a collab. Like...not an album one but like when Lana did Summer Wine with Barrie, something lowkey like that.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I wonder if she'll acknowledge this day on social media. If not, then she's totally cancelled. LMAO

Anyway, best wishes and stay strong! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. #InternationalWomensDay <3

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I wonder if she'll acknowledge this day on social media. If not, then she's totally cancelled. LMAO

Anyway, best wishes and stay strong! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. #InternationalWomensDay <3

“Happy international women’s day to all my west coast baddies. Stay lit girls”