Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

when we get the tracklist and don't recognise any of the songs because we made up all the titles

53728836_805184956483623_561819253029522

The only title we made up is In Your Car though

Happiness Is A Butterfly, Cinnamon and How To Disappear were all confirmed by Lana, unless her dumbass decides to pull a Sylvia Plath and change all the titles to long ones that suck

Just the way she starts the song with the piano, mellotron and harpsichord, then the opening lyric - 'you took my sadness out of context at the Mariners apartment complex, I aint no candle in the wind'... Damnit... if that doesn't say Songwriter of the Generation I don't know what does.

Amy Winehouse is still part of our generation minus the fact that she passed on, so no, that doesn't say songwriter of our generation :biblio:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

The only title we made up is In Your Car though

Happiness Is A Butterfly, Cinnamon and How To Disappear were all confirmed by Lana, unless her dumbass decides to pull a Sylvia Plath and change all the titles to long ones that suck

Amy Winehouse is still part of our generation minus the fact that she passed on, so no, that doesn't say songwriter of our generation :biblio:

I can't wait to hear "If He's A Serial Killer - Then What's The Worst That Can Happen To A Girl Who's Already Cursed", “All The Pills That You Did - Violet, Blue, Green, Red To Keep Me At Arms Length Don’t Work” and "A Kid And Two Cats In The Yard - The California Sun And The Movie Stars" :flutter:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I just think the lack of communication is what’s weird. LFL she was pretty transparent for the most part about what was happening, when etc. even tho it was started early due to Love leaking. I wondering if it would rush her if something leaked

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Opinion: I don’t want HTD in piano version, we already have Hope

I think HTD had beats to it. Lana livestreamed during studio time and Jack was playing around with some sounds, so hopefully it's not another piano snoozefest.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think HTD had beats to it. Lana livestreamed during studio time and Jack was playing around with some sounds, so hopefully it's not another piano snoozefest.

yes, I really hope we get that version of it, or idk with a transition to piano when New York part comes on maybe?

There will be a complextro remix as a japenese bonus track.

the production she teased for HtD on the insta live was absolute garbage, y'all can't appreciate stripped back production and would rather take ugly and cheap beats cause at least u can shake ur saggy bag of dog bone asses to it

the production she teased for HtD on the insta live was absolute garbage, y'all can't appreciate stripped back production and would rather take ugly and cheap beats cause at least u can shake ur saggy bag of dog bone asses to it

agreed, that production was awful. We can have our melancholic and reminiscing piano ballad but then let's make it Old Money 2.0 and have strings that rip out my heartstrings and make me wail like a baby

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

It sounded like a Christmas song  :rip:

THIS 

I can appreciate stripped back music, but just piano makes it sound so underwhelming. She needs some more 'oomph' to it, especially considering the melody isn't complex at all.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven