Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

There is no song going to radio.

She isnt going to address shit.

I think most of us are aware of this

but some need some 'movement' in their lives, so ... inventing stories which will not happen helps them

I honestly feel sorry for Lana (and this is coming from someone who’s been as pissed as the next person regarding this whole era). I truly feel like she poured her soul out for us on HIATD and NONE of us appreciated it. We’ve all been ungrateful/ begging for more/ harassing her from every avenue for months now. I didn’t really feel sorry for her up until this whole not showing up for the Met Gala situation. I know it sounds superficial, but I think this might be a cry for help on some level. I see her feeling disillusioned about something in a way (whether it be regarding fame, money, love, age, etc). I think we should really lay off, especially if we actually are getting a new song on May 20th (here’s hoping). I was the first to say I would never forgive Lana for this era, but now I’m having a change of heart. We all love her and no one else’s music has ever made us feel as understood as hers has. Shouldn’t that count for something more than our bitter petty jokes about Cha Cha Matcha and insta baddies on this trainwreck of a fan site??

giphy.gif

Wot?

No, no.

She was the one who gave us snippets over a year before the album release, she was the one who told us it was finished, she was the one who told us it'd be out "top of the year", and she was the one who put out three singles in relatively quick succession (two in a week). She built the momentum for NFR, and then she suddenly threw it into a pit and told it that it puts the lotion on its skin and we are still waiting for Clarice freaking Starling to find it.

She created this. I do not condone harassment whatsoever (and I don't think LB members are the main ones partaking in it - most of the people commenting aggressively on her posts seem to be clueless, twelve, or both) but none of this would have happened if she - and her managers - hadn't've mismanaged this entire era. Of course people are going to ask about an album that she has released singles for and that she said was coming out at the top of the year. If it bothered her that much, she'd either say something to shut everyone up, or turn off the comments. She has done neither, so I honestly don't think she cares.

I mean, we make jokes, but nobody here actually hates her (and if you do, what are you doing here?). On the off-chance that she does read our 1600 pages of bullshit, I think she'd die laughing, honestly. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

If there really is a song impacting radio the 20th, that means we might get the song the week before.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I’m not sure it’s a cover. If that song is being pushed to play on radio, a cover would have to be exceptional to work.

I like the Sublime song and I trust her with her covers, she always did them justice (yes even Don’t Let Me Be misunderstood). But being played on radio? We’ll see. If Doin’ Time isn’t a new song, anyone feels that one could be a standalone single not part of NFR?

Then again, we’ll see. Something from her is all I’m asking.

I’m not sure it’s a cover. If that song is being pushed to play on radio, a cover would have to be exceptional to work.

I like the Sublime song and I trust her with her covers, she always did them justice (yes even Don’t Let Me Be misunderstood). But being played on radio? We’ll see. If Doin’ Time isn’t a new song, anyone feels that one could be a standalone single not part of NFR?

Then again, we’ll see. Something from her is all I’m asking.

It would be cheeky af to put out a cover  - on radio, no less - after five months of silence, but I wouldn't put it past our sis.

I'm not sure why you'd want to put out a cover prior to an album release, though ... does anyone actually do that? I feel like it kind of defeats the purpose to promote a new body of work (an album) by teasing an existing body of work (a cover). Aren't they usually kept for the album's release?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I was reading this website when I got to thinking that I thought... maybe I’d get less stressed if Lana released the damn album please mom do something

Smiling on insta with matcha and vapes and her new thots

Her new thots...

They seem like such thots

Those white thots

She loves those white thots

IVE BEEN TEARING AROUND ON MY PHONE

5 TABS OPEN JUST LOOKING FOR SOME FUCKIN NEWS

WRITING IN CAPS ON THIS THREAD TO RELEASE ALL THE PAIN THAT THIS WOMAN HAS CAUSED

DONT ASK IF IM HAPPY

NONE OF US ARE

BUT AT LEAST CHERRY BLOSSOM GOT LEAKED

:lmao:

I don't think it's a cover. Ya'll said that about Heroin and it wasn't a cover. 'Doin' Time' sounds to me like a Lana track (with some May Jailer feel to it too). Obviously we need to be prepared in case it is a cover, but just because it has the same title doesn't make it solid.

Nat King Cole has a song called Love. Lana has a song called Love. Not a cover.

Taylor Swift has a song called Change. Lana has a song called Change. Not a cover.

The Vines have a song called Get Free. Lana has a song called Get Free. Not a cover.

Annihilator have a song called The Blackest Day. Lana has a song called The Blackest Day. Not a cover.

Ya'll see where I'm going with this.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

ok but where the f* is cinnamon sis ? why isn't it the lead single already?

It’s the Cherry of this era: we all want it, it would be a fantastic single, but it will come with the album. The hope to get Cinnamon is sweetly cute and shows our devotion for the track, but it’s not realistic in my mind to believe it will be a single.

The issue with HIADT is that it’s not a pop song, and most of LDR’s fans became fans because of her talent at creating interesting pop music, like VG and ‘Cola.’ For me, she made pop music, specifically pop music, interesting again for the first time in a decade or more.

She’s branched out in all directions since, and obviously not completely left the pop field.

But while I like HIADT and recognize its artistry, I don’t think it’s pop music. It’s honest, it’s brave, it’s touching, but there’s no catharsis, at least not for me. Despite the ending, it’s kind of flat.

I don’t think most people actively dislike it (though no doubt some do), they’re just looking for something more energetic.

LDR used to project such a winning quality, such a commanding persona, she was an international sensation and style guru, what happened to all of that? Maybe she’s simply being more ‘real’ or ‘realistic’ now, but I really miss the haughty conqueror she used to be, or pretend to be.

The issue with HIADT is that it’s not a pop song, and most of LDR’s fans became fans because of her talent at creating interesting pop music, like VG and ‘Cola.’ For me, she made pop music, specifically pop music, interesting again for the first time in a decade or more.

She’s branched out in all directions since, and obviously not completely left the pop field.

But while I like HIADT and recognize its artistry, I don’t think it’s pop music. It’s honest, it’s brave, it’s touching, but there’s no catharsis, at least not for me. Despite the ending, it’s kind of flat.

I don’t think most people actively dislike it (though no doubt some do), they’re just looking for something more energetic.

LDR used to project such a winning quality, such a commanding persona, she was an international sensation and style guru, what happened to all of that? Maybe she’s simply being more ‘real’ or ‘realistic’ now, but I really miss the haughty conqueror she used to be, or pretend to be.

It's just a boring song , not everyone wants to listen to a 6 minute piano ballad unless they're listening to the album cover to cover.

It really should've had some production of some sort.

Your mind 

b56f364fb7994f82a72ad45cafb47027.gif

b56f364fb7994f82a72ad45cafb47027.gif

I'm so scared it's a cover - but I'm thinking, surely the lead single won't be a cover - and it sounds nothing like anything we've heard from NFR already. 

Guess we can only wait