Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Hi Lana!!!!! love youuu xxxxxxxxx

please release NFR! i'm gonna lose my mind if you scrap it x

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

skirtsandsuits blocked me bc i commented on her beverly hills hotel post saying she was basic, boring, and giving her money to gay killers. i guess money cant buy personality, style, or morals ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ok fine you can give me a warning point

have to say, i know straight guys that have 'tried her' but that's been it. they uhh, haven't seemed like they've 'got her' at all  :pft:

what's to 'get' i don't know

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

She so does, and you won't convince me otherwise. As if you wouldn't read a message board that is entirely about you with 9,000 of your fans on it. It's not like she gets any meaningful feedback on social media; this board is a great resource to gauge fan reactions, and even to get ideas.

Wouldn't even surprise me if she posts.

Would the real Elizabeth please stand up? Or remain seated and release NFR. Either is fine.

And that’s the danger for all artists: having a huge mob of cultish fans for whom you can do no wrong, for whom you are unquestionably GREAT at all times and in all things, who will only and always praise you and YES MAN you to death. If the artist succumbs to that kind of mindless, blanket attention and flattery, they're doomed.

I have witnessed these rabid cults for Joni Mitchell, Michael Jackson, Prince, Woody Allen, R.E.M., Tori Amos, Twenty One Pilots, Lady Gaga, David Foster Wallace, Martin Scorsese, Sia, Billie Eilish, Wes Anderson, David Lynch and so many others.

I legit couldnt give two shits if she wore a paper sack and smeared mud on her face. As long as I got Cinnamon and In Your Car!

Very well expressed.

My point, directly related to the MAC and ‘Hope’ photos, was not what she really looks like or whether she’s attractive or not in real life, but simply the slow-to-arrive but still significant change in how she is choosing to present herself professionally to the media, the world and her fans. That’s the point I was making. That’s specifically what interests and concerns me: the way she’s representing herself.

Like you, I have not observed LDR in her social media, press releases and inconsistent record of statements for the last 9 months and come away with the impression that she’s happy, in a good place, and fully in control of herself, her life and her career. And the lyrics to ‘Hope’ just underscore that in a big way. I could be totally wrong. I am just carefully reading the cards as I see them , as she and her team put them out to the world.

okay to swing this all back to NFR -

i, for one, am a huge fan of Tomboy Lana. clock my profile pic. i am a huge fan of her saying "i'm your man" in MAC and using the lesbian pronouns in Doin' Time. i like that she's changing her look. that's her prerogative.

HOWEVER - i am NOT a fan of this dumb bitch going to Hillsong, the Brunei owned hotels, or hanging with these basic af matcha saddies.

it's like. on the one hand she's getting more queer, with various aspects of NFR songs. on the other, shes a homophobic asshole.

umm... sorry but her using the same pronouns in a cover (which she also did with other covers like blue velvet) isn’t her being “more queer”, especially when she’s never sang or wrote about her interest in other women in her hundreds of songs, nor have any collaborators done in their songs. (straight men love doing that, like abel talking about bella in lost in the fire.) i know we all wanna be hopeful or whatever that she’s more relatable to us but lana loves straight men and wouldn’t be caught dead in hillsong nor any other sus ass church if she was anywhere near gay. otherwise wtf does “queer” even mean anymore if not explicitly being attracted to at least the same gender along with others? we all know lana’s tired ass brand of white feminism as shown by her lack of ever speaking up on social issues or making a public statement on coming out day and thinking feminism is “boring” till trump was elected and it was now popular to care.

not saying i need her to making statements on social issues, i’d rather her not bc half the time she doesn’t know what she’s talking about or is just spewing things everyone else has said a million times before, but to say she’s anywhere at all near being “queer” is a reach. :crossed:

anyway inb4 interscope sees the money grab in this and has her add some random ambiguous song with queer baiting into nfr a la ariana grande. jk they don’t give a shit about her career anymore!

edit: also this skirtsandsuits girl is pissing me off with how she’s just deleted the comments on that beverly hills post to keep her ugly over saturated “”””aesthetic”””” rather than take it down or apologize and say she didn’t know. it speaks volumes... i’m sure she’s also the type of girl to also want “a gay best friend to go shopping with zomg!!!!1” :stareney:

her communication with her fanbase is...... the worst I've seen from any artist.

fuck, even john lennon is closer to his fans today, his twitter account constantly tweets lol

have to say, i know straight guys that have 'tried her' but that's been it. they uhh, haven't seemed like they've 'got her' at all  :pft:

what's to 'get' i don't know

the only straight guy i know who listens to her in any capacity is my dad (who is the reason i got introduced to her lol) and he talks way more about how hot she is than the actual music  :toofunny:

it's just the way i feel

her communication with her fanbase is...... the worst I've seen from any artist.

which sucks since one of the things that differed lana from other artists was how close she was to her fans

can't blame her though... the good sis must have had it after they broke into her house so many times :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

edit: also this skirtsandsuits girl is pissing me off with how she’s just deleted the comments on that beverly hills post to keep her ugly over saturated “”””aesthetic”””” rather than take it down or apologize and say she didn’t know. it speaks volumes... i’m sure she’s also the type of girl to also want “a gay best friend to go shopping with zomg!!!!1” :stareney:

I love how it’s this girl in particular that’s pissing everyone off. I mean she annoys me off too but it’s almost like a meme at this point if that makes sense? I’m here for it tbh :teehee:

Back on topic: so is it pretty much confirmed Doin’ Time will not be on NFR? I’m cool if it isn’t but just curious. Also @ Elizabeth where is HIAB and/or Cinnamon :creep:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I've really never met a straight guy that listens to Lana's music. Maybe casual, but a fan? Nopee J55Zixc.gif

This faggot won't stop til the album drops. even after J55Zixc.gif

Lmao, I feel like they do like her music, but she’s one of those artist that they listen to in private. My brother who is as straight as they come, almost homophobic (I know trash, he’s only ok with me being gay cuz I’m his little brother) admitted while he had some alcohol in him that she’s a dope singer and has some Good songs the other day, so we got that going for ha lol. Then again I played some songs to his girlfriend from her and now she’s always asking me to play songs from her and what is her name, so maybe he was just trying to impress her lol.

don't think she's particularly homophobic, but i'd really love to know what's up w her attending hillsong and beverly hills hotel and the general disdain for her fans lately. didn't she write love and coachella for us last year??

but anyways, let's not forget 

9s1KX9Sm.png/wAzETnjm.png/e621929m.png/yFpa7ZPm.png (tbh still don't really know what to think of this one :toofunny:)

and most importantly (under a spoiler cuz it's long)

Iwj8l35m.jpgoFIMcfqm.jpgqhvIjDim.jpgtNLaaZdm.jpg

7ooU4Jk.gif

anyways i hope the song she chooses to cover for nfr is You Don't Own Me by lesbian icon Lesley Gore!

EDIT: actually, all jokes aside, covering this would kind of be a serve

UbsOye5.png

skirtsandsuits blocked me bc i commented on her beverly hills hotel post saying she was basic, boring, and giving her money to gay killers. i guess money cant buy personality, style, or morals ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ok fine you can give me a warning point

:thumb3:  She reminds me of Elizabeth Olsen's character in Ingrid Goes West

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

can we please stop posting dissertations in this thread

Yeah bc f*ck discussions. A good thread on a discussion board should be full of "I want Cinnamon sooo much" and "Close this thread"-oneliners only.

Not that we wouldn't have enough of those either way.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I love how it’s this girl in particular that’s pissing everyone off. I mean she annoys me off too but it’s almost like a meme at this point if that makes sense? I’m here for it tbh :teehee:

Back on topic: so is it pretty much confirmed Doin’ Time will not be on NFR? I’m cool if it isn’t but just curious. Also @ Elizabeth where is HIAB and/or Cinnamon :creep:

Nobody knows but I'm going to say it will be, because the album supposedly has 13 tracks and Elizabeth has demonstrated a preference for doing the minimum required. So, she'd only have to come up with 12 other songs instead of 13.

It's like when you have to write an essay and you're 50 words short so you start making verbose substitutions wherever possible.

Fucking flawless analogy and logic, I know.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I've really never met a straight guy that listens to Lana's music. Maybe casual, but a fan? Nopee 

my straight friend can give you his 3gb unreleased collection

Please stop with this rapper collab talk, I'm already uninterested in this album as it is. :facepalm:

as much as i love her weeknd, borns, and stevie collabs, the perfect lana album would have a total of zero collaborations. when she lets an outsider into her world it just falls apart, that's why lust for life felt like such a mess to me and i'm scared nfr will suffer the same fate.

fuck, even john lennon is closer to his fans today, his twitter account constantly tweets lol

idk why lana seems so insistent on doing everything herself. i wish she'd just hire professionals to do her social media, marketing, photography, etc.

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

The most frustrating thing to me is that had she released back in late 2018 when there was hype, the critics loved the singles, and the album was a cohesive, 11-track work, she could have received a ton of acclaim and, perhaps, a major Grammy nom. Now, the hype is gone and the album is looking increasingly bloated.