Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Tbh as much as I want to already have this album and I think it will be her best, I’m fine with waiting. Right now it sucks but in the future the wait won’t actually matter when looking back. I really wish we had some news but I trust there’s a reason for all this and the pay off will be worth it. I just can’t wait to hear Venice Bitch on vinyl or even the studio version of How to Disappear. But I have other Lana albums to listen to in the meantime and plenty of other great music to enjoy, so a few more months, or even into early 2020, is fine with me and when nfr comes out it’ll be like that dream I’ve been waiting for. If it takes longer than that though I’ll probably start worrying, but I’m not quite there yet.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

We're not talking about King Diamond here though. This is Lana "So Legit" Del Rey. Someone who has been defending the authenticity of their art for years. Obviously we should have been smart enough to realize she was flat out lying, but well, we weren't. At least some of us, including myself. Call me Boo Boo the Fool, I got played and that's a fact. Kudos to you for not falling for it. You get all the cookies. Happy?

Lol, did you read the lyrics you were shouting along at the concert? If you believed she was LITERALLY doing ALL OF THIS STUFF then that's really your fault. Maybe stop projecting whatever kind of bad energies you have into this. Songwriters have been mixing up stories and personal experiences for-literally-ever. Otherwise, lyrics would be pretty dull.

It’s really different from that. Take for example Regina Spektor: basically all her songs are different stories about people that are most definitely not her. The thing is, even if she sings in first person, it’s clear the divide.

Lana has gone out of her way to “live” the poor life and write about it, so much that she is now famous for those themes (only I would say). Lana dedicates entire albums to gangsters and daddies and it’s clear it’s not just a story, but a persona.

Also by what you said you mean that writers can write stories about things that they have experienced, which is not even that true. Like i’m not American and I would never write a story set in the us bc I don’t know what it’s like to live there, and it would come across as not genuine and fake.

The thing is this not a critique/I’m not getting mad at her. Just a statement that I thought everybody on here would’ve been on board with

I don’t care if she sings about livin with a gangsta and riding motorbikes in New Jersey in 1956 while spying for the Russian government wearing an auburn wig. Just saying that when you spend records talking about it and your life is so clearly detached from it it’s interesting to talk about it.

But it’s clear you can’t raise points on ethics/morals here lmao

Wow, what a limited and narrow-minded opinion on art and songwriting.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Guys y’all are so quick to assume she’s done with the album. It’s prolly just her label, she’ll release it whenever they actually let her. Which could be anytime, I guess. Maybe she sent it to Rick and wants to see what he thinks? Maybe execs STILL HAVENT HEARD IT? Who knows

Yikes...

omg can you imagine a bunch of middle aged interscope execs begging for NFR like the rest of us :crai: 

and lana being like 'i said its coming u little bitches'

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I high key hope she switches it up with her sound and it's like a mix of the BTD sound with hints of an Ultraviolence vibe. I really want her to go for that alternative pop sound at some point in the future as well.

She's deleting NFR comments? That's quite a commitment. I'm impressed. 

Ofc I'm going to comment rn

She probably asked one of her insta addicted friends to do it for her. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Wow, what a limited and narrow-minded opinion on art and songwriting.

It's actually the other way around?

If you don't have an understanding of something, how can you ever write a credible and well-crafted work around it? If I've never been to America, how can I write something genuine about it? I can't.

That's why gay people looked like clowns in the early tv shows, because straight people wrote us. and you can clearly see the difference between a tv show that employs gay writers (like Schitt's Creek) and all the others. That's just an example tho 

and her insta saddie friends are mentoring her on how to create an instagram baby lifestyle brand to capitalize off it, and the hillsong visits are to establish a sense of community before her baby is baptized into the fold of Hillsong Jesus

and all this time we thought there was no plan :oprah:

The changes in who she is aren't the problem though. It's the flat-out lies. Someone she worked with aaaaaages ago made a comment on when she started chasing fame as Lizzy Grant, saying she cut her hair and started acting completely different. There's a massive, massive difference between acting out a persona, a la Electra Heart, and insisting on the authenticity of a character created by a bunch of studio execs to sell to an audience. 

For real though who cares if Lana is authentic or not? We all fell for it either way and we'll continue to buy the music and buy into the persona.

Idk if I sound like a crackhead here with this wild ass theory but am I the only one who feels like the NFR lead up has been weirdly similar to the AKA one? Aka was recorded in 2008 and she released an ep of 3 songs from it in fall ‘08 and was supposed to release it early ‘09 but it was shelved and she was forced to put everything on hold and just live her life then it was finally released early 2010. Ok so we know nfr was recorded in 2018 and she gave us 2 songs in the fall (and another in Jan) and the album was supposed to be out at “the top of 2019” but we’ve had no news and Lana seems to just be living her life so idk I keep thinking the album will be out Jan 2020 to parallel completely whether deliberately (transitioning back to Lizzy? Leaving her label? Idk) or just a weird coincidence the universe set up or maybe I’m just connecting things that aren’t related lol. I first started thinking that when she was on her old twitter and said something about how over 10 years things have changed but haven’t changed at all. Thought I’d finally share my delusional theory with everyone. And yeah I know it’s all likely bullshit but I’m just having fun while I wait.

This is actually really interesting.

She probably asked one of her insta addicted friends to do it for her. 

Probably.

Everyone's a sensitive bitch all of a sudden, though. Marina has a meltdown ... sis deletes comments ...

If it extends to Twitter then I'm getting blocked; just yesterday I sent her a pic of her edited keychain. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Y’all, today I almost got into a car accident after watching Lana’s IG video. Granted it was my fault for being a dumb bitch, but still...

Lana ha impact, Lana ha bad influence. #Queenofdriving #Queenofrecklessdriving

Does anyone feel like the video she posted of her singing along to Doin' Time is old? I feel like her fillers have dissolved more since then and didn't she dye her hair recently?

Lol, did you read the lyrics you were shouting along at the concert? If you believed she was LITERALLY doing ALL OF THIS STUFF then that's really your fault. Maybe stop projecting whatever kind of bad energies you have into this. Songwriters have been mixing up stories and personal experiences for-literally-ever. Otherwise, lyrics would be pretty dull.

I...don't think I am who you think I am :/

That aside, okay, whatever.

Does anyone feel like the video she posted of her singing along to Doin' Time is old? I feel like her fillers have dissolved more since then and didn't she dye her hair recently?

thats what i was thinking