Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Had a weird moment today, thinking about how since Lana announced NFR last year I feel like I’ve been in this weird waiting period in my life, which is not necessarily ever a good place to be. I was waiting for Lana music along with a few other irrelevant things in my life, and now I feel like I’m finally moving out of that anticipation period with everything in my life EXCEPT FOR Lana. Its so odd, my life is finally starting to get where I want it to be and there’s just this one last loose end of waiting for the album. Idk I’m starting grad school in the fall and I feel like so far that is when the album will be out but I really rather wanted it to keep me company during this waiting period (winter, spring, summer) where I have no responsibilities and can really soak in the music. If it really does come in the fall I’m going to be completely immersed in my classes and not get the full effect of the album at all. I’m envisioning grad school being this really big change in my life and it almost feels like I’m going to have to leave Lana behind in this process of becoming a “real adult”... an era truly is ending, we all are seeing Lana in this new light (with Hillsong, Churchome, her new baddie lifestyle, this “era,” and the way she’s been treating the fans) and I just hope we get the album soon so we can all say a proper goodbye to this period of our lives (and perhaps even to Lana) lel

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Bet you the issue has been the album title all along. Label probably said to change the title as some will view it as a diss of an artist from the past. She might then have said "No I don't want to " or " I can't, it will look as if I caved to a label".  

I hope this isn’t it because if it is there’s only 4 songs we haven’t heard

Well we know the album was 13 tracks when she said it was mastered and complete. Half of those songs have been confirmed, released or teased so expect very few new tracks.

Bet you the issue has been the album title all along. Label probably said to change the title as some will view it as a diss of an artist from the past. She might then have said "No I don't want to " or " I can't, it will look as if I caved to a label".  

oh god not this again

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

To think that from December 2011 to November 2012, we had Born To Die (album), Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Carmen, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness, Blue Velvet and Ride music videos (2 of those being short films), then we got Paradise (EP) all within 11 months...

Since September 2018, we've had 3 promo singles and a cover song released (none with proper music videos) all within 9 months... And the next 2 months don't look very promising.

Can y'all, like, stop bringing up stuff that has been debunked multiple times? 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Well we know the album was 13 tracks when she said it was mastered and complete. Half of those songs have been confirmed, released or teased so expect very few new tracks.

I hope none of the singles we have gotten are on NFR taking up space from actual new tracks. She’s really gotta stop teasing snippets of every single song :( I would’ve rather not have heard any snippets, it would’ve made the wait less painful too

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

weve gone over this a hundred times, just stop

image.png

Okay, so we really need to put Norman Fucking Rockwell aside... Why?

Because we know from the Interscope press releases that there is a campaign planned and that an official lead single will preceed the album, this is what we need to ask about, when will we get the lead single?

Also, Lana seems dead certain on releasing her poetry book before the album, so again we need to find out when the poetry book is coming.

Until there's a lead single or poetry book insight we might as well forget about the album.

To think that from December 2011 to November 2012, we had Born To Die (album), Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Carmen, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness, Blue Velvet and Ride music videos (2 of those being short films), then we got Paradise (EP) all within 11 months...

Since September 2018, we've had 3 promo singles and a cover song released (none with proper music videos) all within 9 months... And the next 2 months don't look very promising.

She was attempting to conquer the world then, and succeeded on multiple fronts (perhaps much to her surprise), then seemed to decide that she didn’t want it after all.

Since then, she’s slowly withdrawn from the public eye and all the trappings of the 2011-2012 LDR, despite a subsequent Number One album and huge LFL tour.

Because we know from the Interscope press releases that there is a campaign planned and that an official lead single will preceed the album, this is what we need to ask about, when will we get the lead single?

When did we receive Interscope press releases about NFR? I may have missed them, but don’t remember seeing any in all this time. Can you clarify?? I thought the information you mention came from LDR, Ben and their team.

When did we receive Interscope press releases about NFR? I may have missed them, but don’t remember seeing any in all this time. Can you clarify?? I thought the information you mention came from LDR, Ben and their team.

There was a press release from Universal when Hope came out in January. It’s been posted here a couple of times since then.

http://www.umusic.ca/press-releases/84263/

For whatever reason I think so too

We actually have no date lmao, the September thing was a theory just like everything else in this era

Since UV, all of her records came out in summer. That’s why I think a end of summer release is possible though not a certainty at all. It wouldn’t be a bad idea, to have it out around the first anniversary of MAC and VB. Anyways, if I was at Interscope, that’s what I’d do: girl, do what you want, but let’s wrap this shit up when we hit September.

I hope none of the singles we have gotten are on NFR taking up space from actual new tracks. She’s really gotta stop teasing snippets of every single song :( I would’ve rather not have heard any snippets, it would’ve made the wait less painful too

A couple of weeks ago, i thought it wouldn’t make sense since all the tracks seem to be connected to one another. Now, it’s been too ducking long and I agree with you: the first three tracks make a cute preview « EP », now give us te rest.