Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Still can’t believe we got fed today

Even if it was the equivalent to 3 grains of rice

She’s probably gonna sing it on the 22nd & say it’s “coming soon”

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

I legit don't know how to feel. On one hand the strings are  :defeated:  and she acknowledged the album  :defeated: but on the other idk if this makes up for the months of no communication, or the Top Of The Year, or the Who Knows When It'll Be Released, or the hillsong, or the churchome, or the-

locals only

Do you have a source? You’re right, I don’t remember this because she’s been taking m o n t h s to tell us even the slightest news, which is why I decided to keep a list of any announcements to help me, and anyone else, remember.

I'll give you a link if I find it. I believe it was whether in an interview in late 2017, or early 2018.

I don't know why and I might be wrong, but I remember she talked about it around the time the posted a snippet of her listening to the final version of Roses Bloom For You

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Yeah I don’t know how to feel either. It’s like you get neglected by someone and they come back and give you a really nice moment and now you’re in love but ur also like wtf little bitch I haven’t forgotten about what u did but ily mama :)

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

YET AGAIN ANOTHER BORING PIANO SONG??? OMG THIS IS HILARIOUS JGKDJG CAN SHE COME UP WITH ANYTHING EEELLSEEEE

She made a 10 minutes song with guitars and psychedelic sounds but you still hate it sweetie, get your negative energy in the marinara thread

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

So after a night of no sleep

THIS!

Imagine I have a soundtrack to my trip to Jordan in 2 days!!!!!

Like I listened to Ride in rhe desert of Morocco

now I will listen to smth in desert of Jordan!!!

oh oh... Lana...

This is coming from someone who hasn't really cared about Lana's absence due to my own life being busy. Honestly, Lana is changing. I may just be pulling this out of my ass, but most of the songs she's been teasing/released could really belong in an adult contemporary album (I've always thought Love was the first one to really have this sound), and I think it's because she's getting older. I also think she's trying to distance herself away from the tumblr reputation she's had all these years because other people didn't take her serious because of it. NFR (title song) really reminds me of Fiona Apple's songs, such as Why Try to Change Me Now. The moment the strings start to build up is absolutely breathtaking by the way. 

sgopYhV.gif

When I listened to the NFR clip Lana posted today, all I thought about was Tori Amos. The piano sounds like Tori Amos. It's beautiful. The lyrics are beautiful too. 

giphy.gif

I hope she releases this album soon. If she goes silent again for another 3 months....

giphy.gif

She probably has no intention of releasing that song and/or the album any time soon, and just gave us the snippet thinking it'll shut us up for at least the next month whilst she tours ... zzz

I like the snippet, but my expectation is that it'll be another 7 months before we get the actual song, so it's difficult to be excited and it's all her fault.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Omg imagine an expanded edition like BTD/PD

Norman Fucking Rockwell: The Fiona Fucking Apple Edition :flutter:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

The very first piano notes remind me of No One Ever Loved by Lykke Li. Not really because the chords are similar, even though they're a bit, but mainly because of how the piano sounds

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

K well I'm gonna cling to the 3-post theory and delude myself into believing that she will announce the release date for the song and/or album tomorrow!

But this is also me rn because the truth is too painful to contemplate:

fw10fk.gif

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream