Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

do yall have any special plans for your first listen of NFR?

i feel like this thread needs positive vibes idk lmao

definitely buying a few bottles of wine for the occasion and getting some friends together to listen to it on surround sound

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

is anyone else worried that if the album flops interscope and polydor will drop her? they never post pics of her on Instagram not even when she releases a single. But they post about billie every day :(. Also her singles are sometimes under polydor and sometimes under interscope and sometimes under intercept- lana del rey like if they were passing her around

Lana would have freedom to do what she wants to do with her music. Look at what they made her do with Lust For Life. She had to go back, removed songs, rewrite some...I think she is better off in an indie label to be honest.

Lana would have freedom to do what she wants to do with her music. Look at what they made her do with Lust For Life. She had to go back, removed songs, rewrite some...I think she is better off in an indie label to be honest.

she didn't have to do anything she decided to push it back and remake the songs and make it ugly

She did that of her own accord, dear. Interscope had nothing to do with her capricious decision to go back and change things.

And no, she really would not be better served by an indie label. She's said many times that her relationship with Interscope's executives is great and she understands their expectations of her. Her switching to a tiny label without any promotional power is simply a bad move.

He is all of us and the cigarette is NFR

https://twitter.com/mayjailerz/status/1148368039945150466

What in the world...is she pushing poor Chase away and not wanting to share her cancer stick with him? That's cold. After everything he has to do endure every time she's driving with one leg up.

giphy.gif

She did that of her own accord, dear. Interscope had nothing to do with her capricious decision to go back and change things.

And no, she really would not be better served by an indie label. She's said many times that her relationship with Interscope's executives is great and she understands their expectations of her.

So she purposely went back to make that album worst? On her own accord? 

giphy.gif

Imagine if NFR gets released on August 9 and we're exactly a month away from it

August 9th 1969 was date Sharon Tate was murdered. 

Bringing that up as Lana is obsessed with the Manson murders. Just saying.

August 9th 1969 was date Sharon Tate was murdered.

Bringing that up as Lana is obsessed with the Manson murders. Just saying.

Too sad we now know the album is coming in September

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

What in the world...is she pushing poor Chase away and not wanting to share her cancer stick with him? That's cold. After everything he has to do endure every time she's driving with one leg up.

It's not Chase; it's the Prince of Pasta

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Oh my God, you guys. How is this thread still alive.

Still checking LB whenever Lana decides to grace us with her hilariously uninteresting Instagram posts.

She really killed any excitement I felt for the upcoming record and I have decided not to buy it.

Didn't buy Lust for Life either after she decided to make signed copies exclusively available to the US and UK (I think).

Also, why the hell is it so difficult for her to be professional and make an official announcement that the album is coming, and more importantly, WHEN it is coming.

I'm so frustrated, sorry, I needed to rant a little bit.

On a different note, BANKS is also releasing a poetry book alongside her new album and still, she managed to have a goddamn release schedule without teasing us the way Lana did.

Yup. And that's such a turn off for me. I can tell now that this was the plan all along... That's why she didn't seem to mind being an one hit wonder with Born To Die, because it was more than a commercial success she could live off for years while fading into complete obscurity like hundreds of artists before her. Born To Die made such an impact that she became iconic almost overnight. She could have gone on to join a nunnery right after Tropico, and she would still remain an icon; the Queen of Sadcore, patron saint of 2012 tumblr girls & gays with daddy issues. We'd have "What Happened to Lana Del Rey" articles every year, at the very least. Even if she disappeared, she'd stay a mystery; the interest would still be there. Born To Die wasn't a beginning, it was a culmination. It wasn't a ticket to fame -it was a ticket to complacency. A ticket to not have to try anymore.

Don't forget that she did work hard for several years before that. She kept trying for years, working on her music and recording even when nothing seemed to be happening for her. But as soon as she could give up, she did. It's shocking that we're talking about someone who's only been famous for a little more than 5 years, and isn't even 35 yet. She acts like a burnt out, middle aged has-been whose last hit was in 2005, so she can stay chilling for few years until her label forces her to crawl out of the woodwork & shape up for the 20 year anniversary tour (gotta get that balding stan coin). It's sad, that this was what she was going for.

I mean it's dramatic and I dont 100% agree but... Yeah there's something to it and I appreciate your posts

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I just cant wait for August and September to come and go with no album bc THIS time none of yall fuckers can say “she doesnt owe us anything”. She literally said “two months” on her own accord. No one held a gun to her head. If the album doesnt come by October, then she truly DOES owe us an explanation.....

It'd be something like I wanted to drop 2 singles for the last summer cause I'm a generous queen but I knew well from the beginning that I wanted to drop NFR a year later and spend time with my girlfriends and tour in the meantime. But Apple asked me to do a tiny gig that wouldn't include BTD so I had to improvise. Then HIADT I just dropped because I liked how all Ariana songs are lowercase now and I thought it'd look dope. And that Jack gig? I'm such a generous queen I just couldn't say no.

No but on a serious note I really do believe that she knew right from the start that she'd hold the album off for a whole year. And that she thought she's doing us a favor by dropping these singles. But at least she could've told us. Communication with your fanbase doesn't hurt.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

If she doesn't release a cover/tracklist with pre-oder or a new song in what's left of this summer, we truly lost her. The real Lana would have never betrayed her favourite season like that. She was a summer girl through and through, but in LA it's all the same for her now, apparently. I will not be surprised if she thinks that there's only been a few days (a week max) since her birthday. She deleted the calendar app from her iPhones

This has probably already been said, but oh well. I know Lana was talking about photoshoots for the album cover, but I think a hand painted picture of Lana would be perfect, considering Rockwell was a painter. Maybe a soft, dreamy shot of her in a car?

Oh gawd no, please don't let the cover art be one of her paintings! :horror: She can keep them to her poetry book, I don't want 5 minute paintings on paper which is not suitable for water colors in this album! :horror:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I think I missed something why do yall think the album is coming in September now

Guy on Twitter yesterday claimed he had a friend from Interscope or something who had given him insider info and replied to a tweet that NFR in August isn't very likely.

I mean, I think we all knew that anyway.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just give me a pre-order with the artwork and tracklist and 2 more singles at the end of this month, then announce the September release date.