Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I just pray there's no stupid border on the cover... I wouldn't even mind that picture we already have from when she announced it. Another concern I have is how long the title is... like how small is the font gonna be to fit it? Kinda hoping for textless tbh

so i’ve been thinking about “hope is a dangerous thing..” in terms of being on the album and i’m not sure how i feel. like i LOVE the song just because it’s so personally beautiful and i can relate, but it being on NFR feels so strange and out of place to me. mainly cuz of the fact that “hope..” is a mid-winter i’m-super-depressed song and not an end of the summer, early fall song. seasonally, it just does not fit the august release. therefore, i don’t think it should be on NFR. plus, it’s not really cohesive w MAC, VB, and the other snippets we’ve gotten so far. don’t get me wrong though, i love love love the song. just not for the new album.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

so i’ve been thinking about “hope is a dangerous thing..” in terms of being on the album and i’m not sure how i feel. like i LOVE the song just because it’s so personally beautiful and i can relate, but it being on NFR feels so strange and out of place to me. mainly cuz of the fact that “hope..” is a mid-winter i’m-super-depressed song and not an end of the summer, early fall song. seasonally, it just does not fit the august release. therefore, i don’t think it should be on NFR. plus, it’s not really cohesive w MAC, VB, and the other snippets we’ve gotten so far. don’t get me wrong though, i love love love the song. just not for the new album.

I think this era she was more focused on her lyricism than a record with a cohesive sound. NFR seems to be tied together by lyrical references to writers (Robert Frost, Sylvia Plath) or artists (Norman Rockwell), which Hope fits right in. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The cover needs to be textless and borderless. She used to have such an amazing eye for visuals, so I don’t need more disappointments like the last two atrocities of album covers that she gave us.

I think this era she was more focused on her lyricism than a record with a cohesive sound. NFR seems to be tied together by lyrical references to writers (Robert Frost, Sylvia Plath) or artists (Norman Rockwell), which Hope fits right in.

that’s true. i do get that. i think for me personally, i just don’t entirely feel it fits the album. but i’m thinking that’ll change once i play it in full. (:

miss born to lose

Since this festival season is over I'm going to take it upon myself to make live albums for each show starting with BUKU. I'm going to try and find the highest quality recordings to transfer to audio, still debating whether I'm gonna attempt to remaster any or not. Each week or so I'll be posting 2-3 of the shows in the media section as MEGA files. I don't really plan to make album covers (I'm not gr8 in that department). But this way fans of the live arrangements will have a plethora of content to listen to while we wait for NFR news/announcements and release. 

Since this festival season is over I'm going to take it upon myself to make live albums for each show starting with BUKU. I'm going to try and find the highest quality recordings to transfer to audio, still debating whether I'm gonna attempt to remaster any or not. Each week or so I'll be posting 2-3 of the shows in the media section as MEGA files. I don't really plan to make album covers (I'm not gr8 in that department). But this way fans of the live arrangements will have a plethora of content to listen to while we wait for NFR news/announcements and release.

doing the lord’s work. thank you!

miss born to lose

just came back from the show tonight and my friends were so disappointed lol (i still enjoyed it though)

we could barely hear her voice and the show was supposed to last 1h30 and it only lasted 1 hour

ive been waiting for years to see her so im a bit bitter but thats fine still had a good night

tumblr_nvnya6aodO1qhacioo1_500.gif

just came back from the show tonight and my friends were so disappointed lol (i still enjoyed it though)

we could barely hear her voice and the show was supposed to last 1h30 and it only lasted 1 hour

ive been waiting for years to see her so im a bit bitter but thats fine still had a good night

Every other show lasted 1 hour tho and had the same exact setlist so it probably was festival’s fault with some fake info I guess

at least she looked super beautiful!!!