Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I was just thinking once we get the snippets... imagine if those 30 seconds are the same that we've been listening over the year  :toofloppy:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I was just thinking once we get the snippets... imagine if those 30 seconds are the same that we've been listening over the year  :toofloppy:

It’ll be for the best! I want to try and hold out listening to anything from NFR until the whole thing comes out. Of course if she releases another song I won’t be able to hold back listening at all, but maybe I’ll just listen once.

Ok this was kinda rude. I know we don’t like her work that much but u know...

i remember an acc commenting something like "can you just force lana to drop cinnamon? like can you do something useful for once?" and she blocked them

giphy.gif

So... I was hoping that UO would offer a limited edition vinyl (though I didn't expect it to happen) in the hopes that it would be a saving grace from the actual album cover. I now regret asking for it :facepalm: I prefer the UO cover of Honeymoon, but this cover is just :deadbanana: I'm guessing this was the first cove that she shot and Ben didn't like... I can't believe I'm about to say this, but THANK GOD Ben had her change it. It looks like some still shot from The Craft movie and doesn't reference the actual cover at all (not like previous UO covers) - Did I buy it, fuck yes I did, so now I'll have the green vinyl with a crazy chaotic cover, the blue vinyl with a single pic cover and the pink vinyl with a still shot from The Craft :rollin: 

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Im pretty sure standard black sounds better than colored anyway. I’m getting the black!

I've read that clear is the best for sound quality because it's in its 'purest' form? Idk it might be bull. I feel like I'll get a plain black one post-release to be the one I play but idk.

https://theweek.com/articles/480961/15-urban-outfitters-controversies They sell a lot of poor taste items and treat their employees like garbage. There's a lot of YouTube videos about it.

This is why you steal shit from their stores. I'm glad she's doing the blue vinyls that will hopefully boost sales for indie record stores (though... hmv? lol) but it annoys me that UO has this weird monopoly on exclusives and limited editions.

locals only

Well ladies, the green vinyl is already SOLD OUT on her online store.

Probs the box would be too if she released one (and I would be having a meltdown cause I'll be paying my credit card only next week and I don't have any money rn to buy anything)

original.gif

people are being so gross on chuck’s photo. If they don’t have anything good to say, don’t say it.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

tbh my main complaint about the UO cover is that it looks like a fanmade edit. like, i like the colors and the scenery but her friends participating in this was too much (even tho FJM's wife looks amazing), it just it makes it feel like a band as some people noted above. AND this font, i cant. on both OG and UO covers the lettering is ugly af i wish they didn't have any lettering at all

giphy.gif

it's what she deserves

But it’s too much sksjssnddns i feel so bad for her

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

people are being so gross on chuck’s photo. If they don’t have anything good to say, don’t say it.

i feel like people are bashing her now because of her previous works so even if she makes something nice looking people won't like for the sake of it. i won't say she's the worst photographer ever, but yeah lana should just work w more talented people like neil period

giphy.gif