Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Imagine having a hot model/actor boyfriend and using Jack Nicholson's grandson on the cover of your album, instead.

1. SHE GOT A BOYFRIEND?

2. Wow cool Jack Nicholson's grandson, sweet.

3. SHE HAS A BF WUT? WHEN?

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Imagine thinking Jack Antonoff is hot

He’s hit or miss depending on the picture and the angle but I can just tell the D is good

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Oh my god why are people so damn worried and attatched to this whole car thing? It almost seems having a car on the cover is more important than the content of the album and the cover actually fitting to the album theme. Bunch of whiny brats complaining about the most mundane things. I'm over it.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Oh my god why are people so damn worried and attatched to this whole car thing? It almost seems having a car on the cover is more important than the content of the album and the cover actually fitting to the album theme. Bunch of whiny brats complaining about the most mundane things. I'm over it.

i love intelligence

Imagine having a hot model/actor boyfriend and using Jack Nicholson's grandson on the cover of your album, instead.

Every time an artist uses their special one on a music video or something like that I think it's an awful idea. Like imagine asking your boyfriend to be part of a MV and then you guys broke up and you'll have to endure the fact your ex will be part of your art forever :rip: an album cover would be even more extreme, like.............. no. Just no. I'm glad Lana didn't do it.

Imagine having a hot producer and using Jack Nicholson's grandson on the cover of your album, instead.

Now THAT'S a good idea, but since NFR is like a fuck you letter to guys who think they're a genius and too good I think it would be kinda awkward for Lana to ask Jack to play this character on the cover  :deadbanana:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Okay but in the album trailer? Lana's shorts that say lust and wrath? Cute.

Her booty? FANTASTIC.

This. I was in shock of how fit she is now.

Not that she ever wasn't but she looks almost better than ever lately

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

These rats are the textbook definition of entitled. She's not a machine and she doesn't have to do everything they want her to do. This is her best album cover to me because it has meaning. End of story

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The Urban Oufitters cover is a very good but poorly executed idea. It's almost very cool but the quality is too low. Also, unlike the regular, the focus isn't totally on Lana. If this is the cover Ben vetoed THANK YOU, BEN.

It doesn't seem to speak to the trailer of the album either but no matter, I expect some people will appreciate this over the other.

Imagine a studio shoot where there are four Lanas are sitting in satanic poses ready to summon Beelzebub from the depths of fiery hell to extract revenge (probly on Trump).

Cant believe those eye rapists made it onto the cover. How long are they sticking around for. How interesting this is the first cover that doesn't only feature her. I wonder if that is a conscious choice to speak to a discourse of other people on the album?

3lfQEhw.png

Every time an artist uses their special one on a music video or something like that I think it's an awful idea. Like imagine asking your boyfriend to be part of a MV and then you guys broke up and you'll have to endure the fact your ex will be part of your art forever :rip: an album cover would be even more extreme, like.............. no. Just no. I'm glad Lana didn't do it.

Now THAT'S a good idea, but since NFR is like a fuck you letter to guys who think they're a genius and too good I think it would be kinda awkward for Lana to ask Jack to play this character on the cover  :deadbanana:

But if she broke up with him then it'd kinda hammer home the point, wouldn't it? Win-win.

Speaking of, I think his days are numbered. She always breaks up with her dudes in album release years:

2014: Broke up with Barrie, released UV

2015: Broke up with Francesco, released Honeymoon

2017: Broke up with Fuckboy Gerald, released LFL

2019: Releasing NFR, see ya Chase

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

But if she broke up with him then it'd kinda hammer home the point, wouldn't it? Win-win.

Speaking of, I think his days are numbered. She always breaks up with her dudes in album release years:

2014: Broke up with Barrie, released UV

2015: Broke up with Francesco, released Honeymoon

2017: Broke up with Fuckboy Gerald, released LFL

2019: Releasing NFR, see ya Chase

I didn't think about this. Yikes. I remember Lana's baddie friends also said they don't approve of him. Hm.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Well, I mean, I don't think people should just be used or be made of having fear of being used in that way, ever. So I think it's a lot safer that she didn't feature him thru her work like that. It's tricky. Two cents 

Also, real proud of her just branching out. I mean maybe we can tell the auto enthusiasts that the sailboat has wheels or something? But the strangely-tilted wholesomeness of the cover? The painted skies? Her reaching out? The contrast between her, and the nephew? The colors, the CA coast on fire? The diff of textures, and just the unexpected wackiness of the font? The colors she chose for the vinyls? Screaaaaaams growth, while still showing us of how playful she can b

I mean, hell yeah I'm biased towards the UO, and the pink vinyl, but it's still a great addition to what we'll be getting in a month so. 

UV/Honeymoon

yessssss

giphy.gif