Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Its the same, just one girl, whats the point?

literally what makes the cover or photo in general is the constellation of the girls sitting in formation

lmdr better pull through and replace all of their outfits with something nice and it's a done deal

i76mrxw.png 

AT LEAST lana didn’t put her baddie friends in any of the footage, pics, covers etc. like could u imagine the chaos here if skirtsandsuits was on the cover of NFR. half of us would be burning the sleeves/inserts and the other half would be like “it’s a social commentary, i think it really does make sense with the album. her mind!” :toofunny:

we haven't seen all the MVs yet...

It has new lyrics, so it has definitely been reworked. Hopefully she isn't singing through paper like she was for the BPBP rework though.

i didnt get the point of it for BPBP, does it make the voice softer or what?

This would've been so much better than what we got  :poordat:

EA_4OJ1UwAArkRB.jpg

thoughts on this cover?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0rn4f4Hu4J/

these 2 concepts >>>

i cant believe fanmade covers are better than what Lana accepted

also hoping lmdr will snap with their version (and we know they will)

giphy.gif

So, what's the chances of Bartender having a music video?

Lana stated that she had a concept for the music video (I know she's said this many times ahah) back in 2018, I think she might have shot something with Chuck, the trailer says music videos by Chuck and Rich... Plus Chuck teased a larger project.

We know he's done Fuck It, I Love You / The Greatest and Chuck did Happiness back in 2018.

This would've been so much better than what we got  :poordat:

EA_4OJ1UwAArkRB.jpg

Gorgeous  :defeated:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

don't get why she's so into bringing other people into her cover designs this year. like.. i think the witchy coven photo with the dancers and emma tillman would look ok on the back. you could say it was her 'era of collabs'... if there were any on the actual album, which there aren't. makes her come across quite insecure to me actually. though if it'd been her hillsong 'baddie' friends instead i think i'd have lost my mind

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

What's funny is that most fan edits are actually better than the final product that Lana chose as the official album cover. I swear she's losing her touch. Either that or she had a pretty stern art direction team during her older album releases but what she's put out this era is definitely not as good as what she's done in the past. But this is just my opinion. I understand a lot of you like the cover(s) and rank it as a favourite. 

I don't know, everything just seems so messy to me and it's hard not to feel annoyed. I mean we got god knows how many vinyl colours, different limited edition covers, different fonts all over the place etc. Lana wasn't kidding when she said she didn't have a plan :awkney2: 

All I can do is hope that next era everything will be more clean cut and a cohesive aesthetic is in place. :candy:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I had a dream last night where one of you posted a link to a zip file containing all the snippets here. Where is it?

paradise is a hell-colored flame sky

What's funny is that most fan edits are actually better than the final product that Lana chose as the official album cover. I swear she's losing her touch. Either that or she had a pretty stern art direction team during her older album releases but what she's put out this era is definitely not as good as what she's done in the past. But this is just my opinion. I understand a lot of you like the cover(s) and rank it as a favourite. 

I don't know, everything just seems so messy to me and it's hard not to feel annoyed. I mean we got god knows how many vinyl colours, different limited edition covers, different fonts all over the place etc. Lana wasn't kidding when she said she didn't have a plan :awkney2:

All I can do is hope that next era everything will be more clean cut and a cohesive aesthetic is in place. :candy:

I agree ... like I was working on the stick figure cover today (lol) and I noticed that the stroke on the LDR text is sketchy af ... there's even this line near the R that looks like stray pixels that should've been erased. It sounds petty but fuck, it's an album cover ffs. 

f9ukdZS.jpg

This whole era lacks polish ... that UO pic is straight up grainy and lacks depth. Idk if it's Chuck, or Lana, or the post-production people, but it's not outstanding by any means. 

Then there's the black line down the left side of the album cover which I haven't personally seen (anyone got a screenshot?) but multiple people have noticed it. Where the fuck is the quality control?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

lana announce something else so people stop complaining about the same thing (no one cares about because it's a goddamn limited vinyl) challenge :D

i just listened to the snippets again and i'm more excited than ever. just look at cinnamon girl - it's iconic

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

So, what's the chances of Bartender having a music video?

Lana stated that she had a concept for the music video (I know she's said this many times ahah) back in 2018, I think she might have shot something with Chuck, the trailer says music videos by Chuck and Rich... Plus Chuck teased a larger project.

We know he's done Fuck It, I Love You / The Greatest and Chuck did Happiness back in 2018.

i think the chances are 1%

if im not mistaken, the only time she teased Bartender is the 2018 Grammys when she said she hoped for a MV for it (https://pitchfork.com/news/lana-del-rey-teases-new-song-bartender/). i think it's the same case as Cherry bc we'll already be getting a lot of visuals this era - MAC & VB (they're awful but we still have them), double MV for FILLY & The Greatest, possibly a recycled BAR vid, and something else i don't remember.

totally agree. it's not just about chuck, it's obviously lana not caring (or caring less) to make a great product that fits the music. i think she gave us all these vinyl colors just so the gays would get what they want, but it was like a "fuck off" move to me, especially when we didn't get a boxset. i liked the trailer but it kinda lacks something, idk maybe it's my attitude towards it because of the era's messiness after the mess lfl was, maybe it's because everything is not cohesive when it's obvious she changed the aesthetics this year. i like the og cover for the ideas she expressed in it and the UO for the colors but overall she could've made them so much better, there's a lot of disturbing stuff in both covers like the fonts for example. the same applies to the tracklist, i read some concepts here that blew my mind lol, i don't understand why she'd put Hope as the closer bc we've already heard it so it doesn't intrigue me as Get Free did. i understand the reason for Doin' Time appearing on the album but will it fit in? idk. what i'm happy about is that she didn't scrap anything we knew about (the snippets and mentioning Bartender) and that she decided to give a second life to BAR which will have a different meaning this time. so i'm still excited to hear the new songs, i bet NFR will top lfl (not sure about the others) but this era makes me wish i was around the fandom during the UV/HM eras, they were so amazing i can't even

lana announce something else so people stop complaining about the same thing (no one cares about because it's a goddamn limited vinyl) challenge :D

the complaint isn't just about the UO vinyl you know

giphy.gif

Someone said (not sure if it was here?) that her new insta pfp is a shot from the FIILY set ... it makes me wonder if she's going to drop that soon

And yes, I know it was also on the LN website. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Someone said (not sure if it was here?) that her new insta pfp is a shot from the FIILY set ... it makes me wonder if she's going to drop that soon

And yes, I know it was also on the LN website. 

i hope she drops it soon. i'm super impatient rn.

giphy.gif