Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

not sure if this was discussed. but im upset over how chuck is treated. i understand and i agree, she isnt the best LDR photographer and the urban cover was a CHOICE (even though i did buy it :hooker: ). but when she posted the cover yesterday, god the comments were awful. people were flat out telling her to fuck off and get away from lana. some fag even went on a whole paragraph rant about why this is the biggest disappointment, first off its not that deep damn. second, this is lana's sister! lana probably hates us enough lets just fucking directly attack and harass her sister. and im really not being dramatic. go check out the comments urself if you didnt see. some were seriously not ok and i cant even imagine how she feels being obviously happy with her first version and seeing all this unnecessary direct hate, over what? a picture? being so dramatic and crude over a P H O T O. directly attacking the photographer? i really hope ive seen it all but god knows how far these fags will go

My thing is...Chuck actually has some great artwork with other artists. These rats need to get it through their skull that a big part of Chuck's work with Lana is mostly LANA'S VISION. These images and artwork are more likely what LANA wants. Not her fucking sister. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

not sure if this was discussed. but im upset over how chuck is treated. i understand and i agree, she isnt the best LDR photographer and the urban cover was a CHOICE (even though i did buy it :hooker: ). but when she posted the cover yesterday, god the comments were awful. people were flat out telling her to fuck off and get away from lana. some fag even went on a whole paragraph rant about why this is the biggest disappointment, first off its not that deep damn. second, this is lana's sister! lana probably hates us enough lets just fucking directly attack and harass her sister. and im really not being dramatic. go check out the comments urself if you didnt see. some were seriously not ok and i cant even imagine how she feels being obviously happy with her first version and seeing all this unnecessary direct hate, over what? a picture? being so dramatic and crude over a P H O T O. directly attacking the photographer? i really hope ive seen it all but god knows how far these fags will go

yes. The first cover was wonderful, ive always wanted a cover like that from her and am so happy with the final product. The second cover is a bit harder to defend but Lana obviously wanted it so.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

This would've been so much better than what we got  :poordat:

EA_4OJ1UwAArkRB.jpg

This would've been amazing. But even more if she still had her two arms on her body hahahaha

i agree! she's not the best, and i admit to my fair share of jokes, but it has got out of hand. Chuck has been so sweet and loving towards all of us! it must feel awful having people constantly bashing you for doing what you love. i have seen a lot of Chuck's work, and she's so amazing! i honestly don't think it's Chuck's fault for the covers always being bad. they ARE Lana's concepts afterall!

My thing is...Chuck actually has some great artwork with other artists. These rats need to get it through their skull that a big part of Chuck's work with Lana is mostly LANA'S VISION. These images and artwork are more likely what LANA wants. Not her fucking sister. 

omg our minds! we commented the same thing at the same time. sksks

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I had a dream we got the album 30 seconds previews and bartender was a mix of VB psychedelia and TNBAR gritty, glossy production. Oh my

i had a dream we got the snippets too what the FUCK

paradise is a hell-colored flame sky

People can be so mean sometimes. 

I love her last three covers (NFR, LFL and HM). All shot by Chuck. At the end of the day it's a personal preference whether you like a cover or not....  not something to go attack her about. 

I'm fairly sure Lana is the sort of person who would be happy to just go make music for herself and live her own life. She probably has all the money she needs, and the amount of hate that gets thrown at her would be pretty off-putting for someone like her. Anyway... just my 2 cents. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

people need to learn some chill, immediately.

giphy.gif

There you go  ;)

u4EgWYx.jpg

WHEW

The longer hair is giving me life !! Love this tbh and after seeing the UO cover, I will most definitely be sticking with the official cover

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

I do think people got carried away dragging chuck on her post-people saw other people doing it and saw it as their time to chime in and get some aggression out and it was too much for sure. However, despite the over the top commentary, they weren’t wrong lol. Yeah the shitty album covers we got were because they were Lana’s vision BUT if chuck tried a little harder she could have made those photos better and still adhered to Lana’s ideas. Just because she’s Lana’s sister doesn’t mean she gets immunity from critiques on her work, although people should be a little more constructive/nicer about it.

LIZARD PEOPLE

That long hair photo is fugly. Original outskinnied. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

imagine thinking jack nicholson was hot

Anyway............. Hot or not, he is iconic. If she had to have an ugly dude on the cover, she could have at least gotten the real thing. It's Lana, I doubt seeing her next to a man old enough to be her grandfather would have weirded anyone out.

And was Elvis' grandson not available? I'm sure Marlon Brando has a hot grandson out there too. Scott Eastwood exists.... Ronan Farrow.... :hooker: 

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I do think people got carried away dragging chuck on her post-people saw other people doing it and saw it as their time to chime in and get some aggression out and it was too much for sure. However, despite the over the top commentary, they weren’t wrong lol. Yeah the shitty album covers we got were because they were Lana’s vision BUT if chuck tried a little harder she could have made those photos better and still adhered to Lana’s ideas. Just because she’s Lana’s sister doesn’t mean she gets immunity from critiques on her work, although people should be a little more constructive/nicer about it.

Maybe if these people stopped acting so authoritatively about their opinions, I could understand this. Just because someone doesn't like an album cover, doesn't mean everyone has to feel the same way. Made those photos better? According to whom? You? How do you know these weren't Lana's ideas and that she wasn't happy with the photos? 

That long hair photo is fugly. Original outskinnied.

I think the long hair is more Norman Rockwellesque tbh. Listen, the cover itself needed some tweaking in my honest opinion, but it's def better than the UO edition

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png