Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So listening to the snippets again I just realized how California (former Stronger) sounds so... dramatic. Lol, out of all of the songs, that one sounds really dramatic.

I'm 90% sure that snippet is from either the bridge or the encore of the song.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I wish I ordered the Ultraviolence UO edition it's so expensive now. Even though it's her knee it's kind of amazing.... I always forget it exists

This post is several pages old sorry but you guys, I asked my mom for that vinyl for my birthday and she got it for $98. Then we got into a huge fight that day because she is a crazy alcoholic and we haven’t spoken since. It was in January. The vinyl is at her house, I only held it for 2 minutes :crai:

So I hate the nfr uo cover but I bought it because I’m not missing out and contemplating spending $100 on a Lana vinyl ever again

LIZARD PEOPLE

Well, I mean, I don't think people should just be used or be made of having fear of being used in that way, ever. So I think it's a lot safer that she didn't feature him thru her work like that. It's tricky. Two cents 

I actually agree; it's not so much that I think she should've used Chase as much as she shouldn't've used that guy. 

Like ... as problematic as he is, I feel like someone like James Franco would make a lot more sense. He has the personality for something like this and they were rumoured to have been together at one point anyway, so using him would've been kinda tongue-in-cheek. Obviously, there's reasons why not, but the guy she used seems super random and I think the message would come across better with someone more well-known. 

Idk. She seems to love doing her friends and family favours by putting them in shit, and this seems a lot like that. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Every time an artist uses their special one on a music video or something like that I think it's an awful idea. Like imagine asking your boyfriend to be part of a MV and then you guys broke up and you'll have to endure the fact your ex will be part of your art forever :rip: an album cover would be even more extreme, like.............. no. Just no. I'm glad Lana didn't do it.

Now THAT'S a good idea, but since NFR is like a fuck you letter to guys who think they're a genius and too good I think it would be kinda awkward for Lana to ask Jack to play this character on the cover  :deadbanana:

Yeah I agree, and I also feel the guy on the cover being so unknown and someone that the listener can project anything onto works better. If it was Lana's BF or some well known male celeb (like James Franco as some have suggested) it would just distract from whatever she is trying to convey imo. 

So listening to the snippets again I just realized how California (former Stronger) sounds so... dramatic. Lol, out of all of the songs, that one sounds really dramatic.

I'm 90% sure that snippet is from either the bridge or the encore of the song.

Oh, definitely it will be dramatic. I think that’s the beginning and it will turn into a beautiful rock song. Zach produced the track and I’m putting my expectations so high into it.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Cinnamon Girl, Love song, and How to disappear are going to be my favorites off the record, I can just tell

giphy.gif

If the snippets leak, I'll try to resist all of them except for TNBAR. I really wanna know how was it recorded for the album (unless I'm missing something? I've been so absent)

Anyway I'd love if she kept the acoustic verses + chorus with beats because I think that sounds amazing. On the other hand, if one of the songs will be one we already know, maybe some more changes would be nice  :teehee:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

So, after a very iffy start, this era seems to please everyone: professional iconic cover, great trailer, two professional music videos, a pink vinyl...

Next time, we must remember that the bich knows what she’s doing.

c2hg7da.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus. I had no idea it could get worst. 

Fabletics exercise pants. Sketchers sneakers. Christ on a cracker.  :facepalm:

Idk if this was mentioned already, but the BAR that we have is 10 seconds longer than the NFR version, so I'm thinking it was re-worked in some way. Just hoping for better quality at least lol

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Just been feeling like shit, didn't have the strength to come here and spew vitriol as usual

ahh understandable lol i hope you're feeling better! <3

it's just the way i feel

Imagine having a hot model/actor boyfriend and using Jack Nicholson's grandson on the cover of your album, instead.

Every time an artist uses their special one on a music video or something like that I think it's an awful idea. Like imagine asking your boyfriend to be part of a MV and then you guys broke up and you'll have to endure the fact your ex will be part of your art forever :rip: an album cover would be even more extreme, like.............. no. Just no. I'm glad Lana didn't do it.

She did a cover and songs with Barrie so...

I wonder if California and Bartender were submitted for Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. They’re the only tracks Jack didn’t work on (according to the credits) minus The Next Best American Record (but we know that one had been on Lana’s mind for a while). 24 on Honeymoon is speculated to have gotten the same treatment in regards to the James Bond film. Based on the titles of these two I could see them fitting the campy LA feel of the film. I guess we’ll see when the record comes out and if more information is revealed about the songs!