Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I think California, Happiness is a Butterfly and Cinnamon will be my trinity. Love Song is a strong fourth.

But I am sure there will be surprises once we hear the songs in full.

same omg

Trying my hardest not to have meltdowns about her songwriting. But some of the lyrics from snippets are already hunting me in my nightmares and I didn't even hear the full thing. Smh, I don't know what I expected, I guess some of the early singles gave me a false hope.

Trying my hardest not to have meltdowns about her songwriting. But some of the lyrics from snippets are already hunting me in my nightmares and I didn't even hear the full thing. Smh, I don't know what I expected, I guess some of the early singles gave me a false hope.

Cinnamon has excellent lyrics.

Cinnamon has excellent lyrics.

She's clearly capable of some good songwriting, I just wanna know why she can't sustain it across the whole album. That's what bothers me.

Y'all underestimating the title track... that song will leave you bald with third degree burns cCNTEPr.gif

I agree, the harp is amazing and i feel it will be so good and orchestral 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I don't even know which track I'm most excited to hear. After hearing all the snippets, VB remains the queen of this album for me while the trinity of H (HTD, HIAB, HIADT) are still my least favourite songs. 

I guess I'm dying to hear the following songs in full the most: NFR, Love song, California, Bartender.  

Didn't put Cinnamon girl because we already heard almost half of it and I kinda know what's up with it. As for the greatest and FIILY, I kind of have an idea already on what type of songs they are based on their snippets so I feel like they won't surprise me that much. But the other tracks are still kind of mysterious, I'm like ''ooh where's this gonna go?'' after I listen to the snippets 

Overall, fucking excited for probably her best album incoming  :usrs:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

She's clearly capable of some good songwriting, I just wanna know why she can't sustain it across the whole album. That's what bothers me.

Because she knows better than us what aesthetic and overall theme to pursue for the album and how those lyrics fit in. I enjoy a lot of the dry humor and sarcasm she throws into her lyrics even if critics don't always get it. Even her fans miss a lot of the metaphors or humor she inserts. Sometimes, the references are purposefully obscure or personal, but I'd rather that than your generic Sia composition that could be sung by anyone.