Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

IMO, she's not complaining about Kanye "being a thing still" but rather that he's lost his way. Definitely a dig at his support of Dump, and who Kanye's become artistically. She's not some old lady whining about hip hop, because we know she loves it. I think the "lit" line is a double entendre, the second meaning being that "the culture" is literally on fire. A lot of people she admired are dead and gone, or changed, the world is in ecological collapse, life is too fast paced, and people are more interested in watching their fave's livestreams than they are in worrying about anything real. She's had a good time, but she's done now. She's got no hope for the world. 

But at it's core, I think it's just a song about heartbreak. It reads like her having a (possibly drunken?) breakdown. It begins with him being gone, that's the catalyst, and then it's her missing New York and the indie scene and being sick of fame, before it spirals into absolutely nothing about the world being right anymore.  

Yes yes! I may have explained it less than I should have but I meant ironic as in a play of words? The culture is cool and lit but at the same time it's disorienting and in a weird place in a way.

+1

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif