Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I wonder if they’ll release the record this Friday, the 23rd, then? It absolutely sucks that the record leaked and to make it worse it was 2 weeks early. :(

Is there any news from someone who’s reached out to Ben and Ed about the potential early release?

i don't think universal would release lana and taylor's album on the same day

i love you, but you don't understand me.

lol y'all acting like the same people who are consuming these leaks haven't bought 800 other copies of the album. The casual listener won't be affected or probably doesn't even know it happened.

i don't think universal would release lana and taylor's album on the same day

That’s true. Would the album have to be released on a Friday? I know that’s standard nowadays but if I remember correctly, Ultraviolence was released on a Tuesday in the US.

The drugs are called hearing ability! See if you can find and buy them!

Thanks for the concern, but my ears work just fine ☺️

completely unrelated to the topic at hand - but i remember the other day someone posting about how lana sings about the end of the world a lot, and just wanted to add my thoughts:

1. the first shot of her first official music video, video games, is literally of the apocalypse.

2. "born to die" is the name of her first full length studio album under LDR.

3. also there are SO many lyrical motifs she's used since BTD that have had apocalyptic connotations.

4. that's not to mention tropico being about the beginning of the earth as well as the downfall of it.

5. there are so many connections between her different music videos and songs and i think someone should put together a theory about it all.

You ever read through Lanalysis? What a thread (I can’t remember if it was spelled that way but def look it up if you haven’t already)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

You ever read through Lanalysis? What a thread (I can’t remember if it was spelled that way but def look it up if you haven’t already)

is it on lanaboards or somewhere else?

giphy.gif

is it on lanaboards or somewhere else?

It’s on LB, I don’t know if it’s been updated since LFL or not but it’s wild

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

That’s true. Would the album have to be released on a Friday? I know that’s standard nowadays but if I remember correctly, Ultraviolence was released on a Tuesday in the US.

it used to not matter but now most albums are released on friday to help with like sales and charting or whatever

i love you, but you don't understand me.

These reactions wow we love an instant fan favorite

LFL confirmed as her worst album

Pretty much confirmed the moment it was released (or leaked).

• Norman Fucking Rockwell - 6/10
  • Mariners Apartment Complex - 10/10
  • Venice Bitch - 10/10
  • Fuck It, I Love You - 7/10
  • Doin Time - 6/10
  • Love Song - 10/10
  • Cinnamon Girl - 10/10
  • How to Disappear - ¿?/10
  • California - 10/10
  • The Next Best American Record - 6/10
  • The Greatest - 10/10
  • Bartender - 9.5/10
  • Happiness is a Butterfly - 3/10
  • Hope - 4.5/10
I will be definitely reworking this tracklist so Happiness is an Enema and HIAFJNKSJDOISIJDK aren't the closing two tracks.

Lol @ Happiness and Hope. You brave for slating them

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I see. Like what

"I will love you till the end of time. "is the only one besides "we were born to die." i can think of on BTD. but there's more i would just need to do some digging.

giphy.gif

completely unrelated to the topic at hand - but i remember the other day someone posting about how lana sings about the end of the world a lot, and just wanted to add my thoughts:

1. the first shot of her first official music video, video games, is literally of the apocalypse.

2. "born to die" is the name of her first full length studio album under LDR.

3. also there are SO many lyrical motifs she's used since BTD that have had apocalyptic connotations.

4. that's not to mention tropico being about the beginning of the earth as well as the downfall of it.

5. there are so many connections between her different music videos and songs and i think someone should put together a theory about it all.

Interesting. I think for someone like her, who's been open about coming close to death (via substances, presumably), suffering from depression, and feeling love deeply, having relationships just.. fizzle out or end for reasons just enough in her control to feel regret over it probably makes the idea of the end of the world quite cathartic- realization that it's really over with someone can feel like the end of the world, as can being dragged back into an emotional place you thought you'd left behind long ago. But the literal end of the world- especially if you're with the person you love- means you don't ever have to feel those things (which is part of the reason I think so many people get obsessed with the rapture- everything falling apart means it doesn't matter if you do too). For someone who studied philosophy, and reads a lot of writers and poets that were writing during the cold war and have a lot of apocalyptic imagery it doesn't surprise me that she's fascinated by the concept. She seems morbidly fascinated with the impending reality of seeing the world go up in flames after watching California do just that, several times. Maybe she feels like the end of the world is following her

ignore me i've only slept for 3 hours and worked for 14 lmao

locals only

I'll reserve ratings for the HQ tracks. I caved and listened (of course), and there's not a single mediocre song on the record, wow. My only complaint is that the BAR demo is perfection and the new version's outro lacks the emotion and power of the former.

HIAB shocked me with how good it is. I expected to hate it.

No idea how to classify this album as a genre. Lots of psychedelic folk of course, but Laurel Canyon piano ballads, piano rock, and trip hop as well. 

okay so i only listened to HIAB, Cinnamon Girl, and TNBAR because we've heard most, if not all of those 3 songs so i don't feel like i'm spoiling much

-HIAB was never something i was super fond of based on the snippets, now i think its cute and all, better than expected, but not a top tier track by any means.

-Cinnamon Girl's production is IMPECCABLE, even in LQ, the bass and strings slay me, the outro is amazing too

-I don't understand why TNBAR's lyrics were changed but the song isn't entirely ruined, the bridge + the glass shattering is still there which is my fav part of the og song

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF