Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i think i'm a baby in this thread lmao i'm still in high school

OHMYGOD. tf I hope u don't mind profanity bc i'm not stopping lol. but. Get ur rest, eat right, ask questions even if u know the answer, some peeps just don't wanna look like an idiot, but u need to give them a voice. b kind, but don't b a pushover. take no one's bs. ok. study smart, don't forget to breathe good luck good luck TF....? 

have fun ho! 

UV/Honeymoon

lol idk if you got your answer but I called my UO and they said that most stores get shipped at least one if not two copies to have for release day, with more coming the following weeks.

Thanks for re-assuring me! I'll still have to call the physical UO stores Friday or Saturday & see if they can just put a copy on hold for me. And then use my online discount that way. I just don't wanna wait weeks (or in one case, even a whole year) for an online order to get shipped through to my house

Let's go to 4000 pagessss boys and girls!!!!!!!!

:lanahottie: :understand: :rock: 

btw Does anyone know when the interview will take place tomorrow? :judgingu3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

btw Does anyone know when the interview will take place tomorrow? :judgingu3:

Probably again during Annie Mac's Radio 1 Future Sounds segment, 2 pm EST. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Thank you! I'm so excited for the Interview

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Most wont care but Fantano put The Greatest and FIILY as part of best tracks for this week :flutter:

HER 10 IS COMING

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

So are we sure the albums aren’t being shipped out until Friday? I preorder lots of records and every single one stated they shipped the day of release but almost every record has arrived the day of release anyway. And I always pay for the cheapest and slowest shipping (although I paid for the fastest for nfr). In the past few years at least, I’ve only had two preorders arrive a couple weeks later (fjm and fatm) and I’ve even had one arrive a week early (cat power). So I don’t necessarily trust it saying it’ll ship the day it’s released as some sort of gospel. I just hope they do arrive either the day of or at least only a couple days later.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

what is everyones favorite and least favorite track off nfr theyve heard so far and why? im genuinely interested to hear what different people think.

venice bitch is probably my favorite because its so soft and warm, the instrumentals are so peaceful and unique. it really reminds me of fall because I used to listen to it on my commute to classes last fall and I was very content with my life at the time. I love how long it is, I always play through the whole song when im driving and dont feel the urge to switch it.

hope is probably my least favorite that ive heard so far, although I still love the song. theres nothing I particularly dislike about it, but I dont really get some of the lyrics. again, no shade on hope, we stan.

I think so far my favorite track is probably The greatest, it's really just that: a great song. My least favorite would probably be FIILY, idk I just don't like the chorus and the way she sings it, and also I don't care for the instrumentals, and this is probably my biggest critique for the entire album so far, it just sounds bland. They have that demo-like quality about them, pretty much all the songs lack bass, drum beats (if not electronic beats) to just counterbalance and create a nice atmospheric sound, also the mixing was... a choice (even on The greatest) a lot of track have this soft subdued mixing/production, and it just sound downright flat and dry to me.

Most people will love the album and call it her best just because it's fresh and new, but to me so far it sounds like a good record, but it doesn't measure up to both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. I can't wait to hear it all in HQ, but so far I'm pretty ambivalent about it all.