Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/review-lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell-eulogizes-the-american-dream/

First review is a 4/5. They are very tough scorers, so that’s really great!

Oh wow oh wow

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Unpopular opinion

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/review-lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell-eulogizes-the-american-dream/

First review is a 4/5. They are very tough scorers, so that’s really great!

Omg they throw an Ani Difranco comparison in there. Tori Amos and Fiona Apple get shout outs too. My gay heart is full.

That BB list is one of the coldest takes I have ever seen

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

"This album comes out right at the Grammys deadline. Do you care about the Grammys?

Uhhh … yes, I care. But I’m better staying in the process of things. What day is the Grammys deadline?

The day after your album comes out.

Hm! Yeah, I mean … Well … Yeah, I care. [Laughs]"   IM- 

iv9uXjw.gif

Am i the only one who unconsciously hears ''Hey man!''/''Alright'' from Born to Die at the end of Cinnamon?  It sounds eerily similar, did she sample it or something? 

Yesterday I mashuped BTD and Cinnamon and the chorus fits really nicely as well!

"First of all, I really, really like Ariana. I had been listening to “Dangerous Woman” a lot. I got her number at some point and we would chat. And then “Thank U, Next” came out and I freaking loved that record. Every song, I was like, how did she write that? So when she asked me to do the “Charlie’s Angels” feature, I was like, “All right, if you really want me to!”

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

On “The Greatest,” you sing about missing rock ’n’ roll. Do you think rock is dead or dying?

I was [...] just listening to Kings of Leon, that song “Milk,” or like White Stripes and the Strokes. [...] Maybe I should’ve said indie rock.

rip.gif

i76mrxw.png 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8528500/lana-del-rey-best-songs-ranked

#1 Hope
#2 Video Games
#3 Brooklyn Baby
#4 Ride
#5 Born To Die
#6 Shades Of Cool
#7 Venice Bitch
#8 Young and Beautiful
#9 West Coast
#10 Love

I stopped reading when I saw The Blackest Day was ranked #80 tumblr_inline_p89ge1ICmf1rdx2s2_250.gif

Is This Happiness at number 85

tumblr_m6q4tsIcQ61r5r8duo9_r1_250.gifsource.gifsource.gifgiphy.gif

Lana truly is a mess of a person, which I think is why I love her so much. Also not that Moby thing being completely true :deadbanana:

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Can someone please transcribe the NY Times interview? I have to register and I don't want to.

Anyway, did I miss anything else?