Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Thank you buddy! And I’m sure you will, this album is super immersive. It totally gets me into my feelings and every song hits the spot just right lolol. Omg I’m super excited to going out to my local store that has the cd and grabbing my copy and purchasing it and then playing it in my car lol, that’s my final step for me to fall in love with the album even more than what I already am lol. Ugh I cannot wait till Friday. I already warned my dude that he’s going to have to put up with me listening to the album all the way through in the car lmao for the next few months lmao. And he’s like, “don’t worry I already got used to it. You did the same thing when Lust For Life came out” and I couldn’t help but laugh and give him a huge hug lol. Lana ha impact lol. Omg I totally suggest that you look up ajay on YouTube and watch her reactions to all of Lana’s albums starting with BTD. she’s pretty much the only reactor that I love to watch because she comes off as super genuine and real. Unlike a lot of others that seem to fake like stuff just to appease the fans and get their views, like if she doesn’t like so,etching she will straight up and say it, just like with Ariana’s album sweetener. She pretty much disliked the whole thing lmao. Her Lust For Life reaction was amazing lmao, she actually started tearing up. But yea if you haven’t watched her reactions to Lana yet. I highly recommend that you do lol. Then let me know what you think lolol.

Gaaah that's adorable! I'm happy for ya both, swear lmao. Is that on Friday? I know some peeps were talking about how they'd be able to get it tmrw, and if I didn't already have like 2 versions of the album coming already, I would've bought another one just because. Contemplating on the checkered neon green vinyl, bc it's actually grown on me a lot after some back n forth but yeah. I actually like the aesthetic of it, reminds me of the posters that they put up to hype the record on streets and construction sites. 

nd alright, she seems level-headed from what you're saying, but no yeah, gonna form my own opinion of the record first before any of that happens, but I'll let ya know after I've done my own exploring of it nd stuff. Have fuuuuuuun, 2 fucking days dfinrsognaewfnwpaojfwgjea hahahahaha 

I don't understand why she would put a music video today for Doin' Time. She released it in May and the song's been dead on YouTube since July. Plus, it's only been a week since the double music video. What is she trying to do? It's already not doing so well, but it's gonna be so forgotten if she puts out another video now. The only video that would've made a bit of sense for me is for the title track. But DT? I have a strong feeling she's gonna flop and make the double video flop even more.

Kinda makes me wonder too. This would've been a lot more effective had she released the vid during the time she was promoting the track, I'm guessing some kinda management friction behind the scenes. Maybe she might've not wanted to make a vid for DT, but there was appeal for it? Dk 

UV/Honeymoon

Y’know if we count the MAC, VB and the Charlie’s Angel video. We’ve had possibly five MV’s this era which is the most we’ve had in a long fucking time.

Also Doin Time deserves a video, that track slaps hard :dance:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

It doesn’t matter what video/song she releases, her singles do bad, her videos get millions of views regardless, she’s always all about the album and a Doin Time video will promote the era just like anything else at this point.

And to be fair, DT actually did ok on radio, certainly the best out of ALL the releases this era so far, so it makes sense.

The whole album is out tomorrow, and a video, BE HAPPY.

I agree with @@FallingCherry for once. Can someone please explain the logic of releasing a music video for Doin' Time 3 fucking months after its release and on the same day that you drop an album full of original songs?

I mean, I'm not complaining that we're getting one or anything, but the logic was not found.

SqrFQFq.gif

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Gaaah that's adorable! I'm happy for ya both, swear lmao. Is that on Friday? I know some peeps were talking about how they'd be able to get it tmrw, and if I didn't already have like 2 versions of the album coming already, I would've bought another one just because. Contemplating on the checkered neon green vinyl, bc it's actually grown on me a lot after some back n forth but yeah. I actually like the aesthetic of it, reminds me of the posters that they put up to hype the record on streets and construction sites. 

nd alright, she seems level-headed from what you're saying, but no yeah, gonna form my own opinion of the record first before any of that happens, but I'll let ya know after I've done my own exploring of it nd stuff. Have fuuuuuuun, 2 fucking days dfinrsognaewfnwpaojfwgjea hahahahaha 

Thank you! Lol I got him into Lana and now he listens to her on his own... of course he’s more into BTD lmao.. but yea I’ve showed him a couple of songs from NFR, and so far he’s liking what he’s heard lol. He even heard the new version of BAR and was like “wth. Is this song new? Haven’t you been listening to it for like 2 years already” lmao, so of course I had to go full on teacher mode and lecture him on the differences lolol. And I’m not sure, but freak, if it’s available in stores tmmrw then I will for sure go and check it out and buy it. Omg fingers crossed that it is lol. By any chance do you know if the target version comes with a poster or anything special? I haven’t really been keeping up with all the different variants and what they include. I actually kind of want to get the UOs version with the alternate cover. Kinda grew to like that one lol.

Omg you’re so lucky! And yes you should totally get it. The lime green vinyl looks so amazing and I wanted to get it but I don’t have a record player so I thought it would be pointless, but maybe as a collectors item? Is it a solid color or translucent? Don’t they have a pink version? like how you and I were hoping for lol. Also which versions did you get? And yay awesome, I hope you like her and I’m going to do the same lol and I know I can’t believe we’re finally here and we will have it in our hands in just 2 days... I haven’t been this excited since well... LFL lolol.

And I love both versions of FILY, but at first the album version caught me off guard because I was expecting the chorus with the “faster/harder” drums to kick in, and then the slower more subdued drums started and I’m like wth, I didn’t know that there was another version that existed lol, but it’s still great. And yes when it comes to the lyrics of TNBAR. I like them because it’s like she’s including her self in the mess this time around, because she says “WE” rather than “YOU”, so it feels a bit more personal to me... if that makes any sense? Lol. When I first heard the LQ leak of Love Song I was a bit underwhelmed, but after hearing the HQ version I freaking fell in love with it again lol. It’s crazy what a HQ version can do. That’s why I don’t judge anything based off of LQ leaks or snippets lol. Another song that I fell in love with after hearing the HQ version was the title track. It’s actually very beautiful, and her vocals whewwww they’re amazing. They remind me of HM vocals if you know what I mean. I agree about HIABF being a bit repetitive but like you said it’s still an amazing song, and it hits that sweet spot, especially the serial killer part and the don’t be a jerk. I can just picture myself screaming that at someone at full volume lmao.

California is the best song of her career

we love delicious tea being served.

t-minus 4.5 hours  :defeated:

Y’know if we count the MAC, VB and the Charlie’s Angel video. We’ve had possibly five MV’s this era which is the most we’ve had in a long fucking time.

Also Doin Time deserves a video, that track slaps hard :dance:

also considering that Lana referred to FIILY/TG as the 'first video' it sounds like she definitely intends on making more. Ofc we know how the White Mukbang video situation occurred but the point is she intends on putting out more

nice cocc bro

@RormanNockwell

For some reason when I try to quote you and then hit submit it just says saving post and won’t actually go through for me lol... but what I was trying to say iss..

is there really any Logic behind anything that sis does? Lol. I’ve kinda just given up and learned to not have any expectations and just go with the flow. Y’all are right it kinda makes no sense, but maybe they feel that since it was/is the most popular song on the album that it will help promote it a bit? Whooooo knows with her and her team. Lolol.

I think they’re trying to make it chart in the US, due to the album being released the DT streams on Spotify/Apple Music will skyrocket and it’s still doing well on radios. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the song discounted on iTunes

I think they’re trying to make it chart in the US, due to the album being released the DT streams on Spotify/Apple Music will skyrocket and it’s still doing well on radios. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the song discounted on iTunes

It’s doing pretty well on UK’s iTunes. I’m wondering if they added it to some radio stations lately. Btw. hope they’re gonna send Doin time to pop radio but this is probably my delusion.

giphy.gif

what would y'all say is the worst track on NFR? For me it's

Bar-t-t-tender :creep:

There’s having an opinion and then there’s just being wrong. This is the latter xoxo :noparty:

It’s definitely

Doin’ Time for including this random cover on an otherwise cohesive album and shooting a fucking video for it

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Good morning to the last day of nfr pre-release thread

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Good morning to the last day of nfr pre-release thread

I can’t stop crying. We did it kids.

Also I just wanna say I love your signature :creep:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

what would y'all say is the worst track on NFR? For me it's 

Bar-t-t-tender :creep:

We all make choices but that was a choice

There’s no worst song for me, just a song I’ll be listening to the least and it’s hope

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Girl no

There’s having an opinion and then there’s just being wrong. This is the latter xoxo :noparty:

It’s definitely

Doin’ Time for including this random cover on an otherwise cohesive album and shooting a fucking video for it

I'm open to liking it if it's grower but for now it's the standout worst track  :hooker:

I realised it kind of reminds me of a Regina Spektor track that's taking itself way too seriously

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

it's not the truck that's cliche, you could replace that with car/train/plane, doesn't matter. Just the whole concept of running away from your problems (or driving I guess) late at night is very played out. The inclusion of a truck makes it a little more lizzy grant-esque but it still feels like a clunky and cliched line. The whole song feels like a huge regression in her writing, going back to name dropping American iconography (Bacardi, cherry coke, Crosby Stills and Nash) rather than actually creating imagery.

But she's not singing about driving away from her problems late at night? She's singing about buying a car in the middle of the night in order to hide it from the paparazzis so that they don't know which car she's driving.

And the cherry coke line is obviously about her sobriety and not just a way for her to namedrop american iconography. 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

But she's not singing about driving away from her problems late at night? She's singing about buying a car in the middle of the night in order to hide it from the paparazzis so that they don't know which car she's driving.

And the cherry coke line is obviously about her sobriety and not just a way for her to namedrop american iconography. 

Is that not literally driving away from your problems at night?

It can be both sis. If it was purely about sobriety she could've said soda but cherry coke is evocative and intrinsically tied to Americana imagery.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I'm really loving this album so far, except for a couple of songs which just sound messy and unfinished: "Fuck it" and "Bartender", the latter being my least favourite. Whilst I'm loving the album, I must admit there is still a little disappointment. The singles, in particular MAC, VB are stunning, and I was really hoping for more of that psychedelic / prog rock kinda instrumentation, it doesn't appear elsewhere enough.  I think the lyrics to the new version of TNBAR aren't as powerful as the original leak which is a shame but it's still a beautiful track. I love 'Doin Time' but it sounds out of place.  My faves of the 'new' songs are NFR (though dislike the 'yeah' bit just before the chorus, Cinnamon (gorgeous), The Greatest (love it!) and Happiness is a Butterfly (love the switch to the serial killer).

As a matter of interest, my best friends (who LOVE BTD album and few songs since) said they are so bored of the same sound and vocal effects and are bored of the Americana style references.  They're waiting for her to do something different, raise the tempo etc.  I agree with them; it would be nice to be surprised. Whilst big fans can hear differences, in truth it's the same sound and this album isn't eclectic in any way. 

Anyway.. lets hope the signed cd I/we bought arrives tomorrow.  I bought that gaga Star Is Born album signed, and it arrived about 10 months after release! (Lazy gaga.)