Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Exactly how I feel. The whole posing is so awkward... Lana is really going for a photoshop campy mess this era. First Doin Time now this...

i get the comic book theme DOES have a cheap element, kitsch kinda is and it can be part of the cute charm but... i don't think it's done well and it seems so alien from the songs. the cover photo seems largely unrelated even to the lettering style. also the way it's shot makes the guy look so dominant as if he isn't just a model and is her collaborator or something. it's bad. plus he's on the back, he didn't need to be on the front wtf 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I LOVE THE COVER, already iconic, but the fonts are HORRIBLE. I think it would be much better without it but it's kindda efficient.
(the cover is ugly tbh but i love it, her attitude / make up / america on fire / nice boy are my things)

so happy BAR's on the record, curious to see how they'll rework it. less happy to see Doin Time on it.

I love the fact that Hope is the last track.

And finally, Happiness is a Butterfly <3

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Imagine how beautiful it would’ve been if she would’ve been wearing a long white dress with her hair flowing in the wind & with a photographer who actually knew how to turn the vision into art. I understand what they were going for but it got lost in translation because of wardrobe & chuck.

Those of you saying we’re being negative: I hope when the high wears off you realize that the wait & this whole era should’ve resulted in a higher effort cover & tracklist overall. BUT this is no surprise, is it? :hooker:

Anyway!!!!! :creep: what now

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

this cover absolutely shits on her other ones (ok maybe not UV) but the concept... the neon baddie with norman rockwell influence... cali buring and the american flag, shes reaching out, not just staring. its fucking amazing

yall acting like you could make masterpiece album arts. as if ya broke ass could do anything outside of ms paint

When people criticize the art of others, they're not saying they can do better. It's possible to dislike a piece of art without simultaneously being able to produce something better. I don't like the cover, but I'll be the first to admit any attempt I made would likely be worse.

You can be the boss, Daddy.

She ends up this record in a similar way she ended LFL.

LFL: she knows a change is coming for her someday

NFR: she has hope for her future

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~