Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I’m out in town so I haven’t been able to read all the posts, but isn’t her outfit on the cover the same one she wore on that insta live back in December?

EDIT: Never mind, that was pink, wasn’t it??

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

okay, but minus the guy the cover is kinda iconic: the painted on sky, the california fires in the background, "you lose your way just take my hand / you're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again"

fucking yes!

The california fires above all was what it did it for me. I know at first sight the covers seems not Lana at all you guys, but it's in the details that bummersummer said above you can really appreciate and respect that some work has been put into making it. 

"So each morning I have the luxury of asking myself, "What shall I cook up for the kids today? Something with a little spice? Something with a little bitterness but is ultimately sweet? Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire, and just take a moment to send my love to them over the ether?" Because sometimes just being pure of heart, and having good intentions, and letting them be known is the most worthy contribution an artist can make.

So, even though these times can feel a little bit crazy, they're not so very different from what other generations have experienced at one time or another before. Amidst all the uncertainty, and as we transition out of one era into another one, there's no place I'd rather be than smack-dab in the middle of 'Hollyweird' making this record for you. Because you and the music, and this place are my love, my light, and my lust for life"

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

i KNEW BAR would be here! ever since she said something about NFR (the song) being about an artist who thinks he's the shit I KNEW that BAR would be on this album and she did NOT LET ME DOWN

rip yosemite

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

Maybe Jack reworked Doin' Time too and that's why they were in studio together even after she said the record was done. I really believe her label asked her to add DT to the record so there would be at least one commercial song

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

CAN WE ALL TAKE A MOMENT TO SAY ONE THING WE APPRECIATE??? IM THRILLED HAPPINESS IS A BUTTERFLY IS STILL THERE EXISTING IN WRITTEN FORM ON SEVERAL SOCIAL MEDIAS THAT SHE CAN BE BIRTHED ON AUG. 30 (RIP ROSES)

curious, would you guys like the cover more if there was no writing on the front?

I would, actually. The two fonts are very mismatched. Maybe a textless cover would have been the best option. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she finally posted everything. And I'm glad our calculations were right - Aug 30th!

But the whole album cover is just...wrong. It's gonna look so out of place next to her other ones on Spotify. Maybe I'll learn to like it a year or two later but for now it's really put a damper on my excitement. Oh well.

Look at Pink Floyd's album covers. There's literally a COW. And Lana's cover is already iconic,

giphy.gif