Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I miss the snippets. I can't find them now 

[ link removed]

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
Do not post links to snippets of content set to be officially released.

Is it against the rules omg I've been so MIA on here I don't even know

No links that aren’t already of released content :hooker: still finna listen to the album when it leaks tho :hooker:

Took off work to go pick up my album in Dayton :hooker:

If you don't wanna be very spoiled it's better to not have them. I have them and I can't take Bartender out of my head and I want it to be fresh when I listen to it for the first time  :defeated: It's so adorable, it's like a music box lullaby (I mean it in the best way). Btw I'm so relieved that the beats in Cinnamon Girl can sound as deep as they did on Lana's insta previews if I just put on the sound filter on my phone, I was a little pressed about it when the snippets came out.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I love how y'all talking about vacuum cleaners lol

Anyways I was just thinking how we were all dragging her until a month ago or so and now... all is forgiven. We just had 2 new songs, a double video coming soon and the fact that we are getting the album in 18 days feels surreal.

For all we know, the first verse is piano before the backing kicks in.... 

I thought that too, but the song structure (as we know it goes)

First verse: John met me down at the boulevard . . . 

then

Second verse: Jim met me down at the training yard . . .

The album sample we have starts at the end of the first verse, where we hear the beat is already there, and then goes into the second. So I don't think so.  :noparty:

Plus, we haven't heard the whole thing yet but it sounds like HIAB and Hope are the only 'piano' ballads now . . ?

3lfQEhw.png

omg the FIILY and the Greatest MV leaked...

https://youtu.be/mCAiBmA_bK8

Wrong link sis

https://youtu.be/xKnG2d9tZdU

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

now yall are just posting shit links :(

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Lana Del Rey kicking you into a sewer for listening to the album snippets [AUDIO EXPERIENCE]

https://clyp.it/ezcog2iu

please upload this again hdhehdue

just saw scary stories to tell in the dark and let me just say.... sotw sounds so good in movie theater speakers

I told yall! The background vocals are sooo spacial in the theater

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Not that y’all ask but I’m on the train and listening to the snippets so...

NFR: I love the suspense from this one, as I’m already addicted to what we’ve heard and that gorgeous instrument before the chorus reminds me of the old folk instrument the geishas would use in Japan... lmao I don’t know what it’s called so don’t judge but I love how we haven’t heard much from this one.. makes it much more exciting, her title tracks never seem to disappoint.

FIILY: I get extreme lizzy vibes from this one.. reminds me of her Malibu fantasy trailer park days. Hoping it jumps into something grandeur and with a better chorus rather than mumbling ‘fucketiluhyou’

Love Song: This sounds like a song they’d play a romantic movie, where the couple is on their first date and their about to kiss.. so I love the teenage flashback feels.

Cinnamon Girl: she’s 5 minutes long so I know she’s gonna pop off and come thru

HTD: I love this song so much because it’s Lana reminiscing on her past life when she was considered a nobody.. and all the connections with the men she had along the road and how they’re no where to be found now but she still thinks about them.. the instrumental isn’t too thought out which I like because she’s legit telling a story so I focus more on that than the production itself. I feel like she’s walking me through parts of her life in NY..

California: this one gives me major Lorde/Taylor Swift vibes.. kinda like a teenage girl feeling.. excited for the rest, hope it sweeps me off my feet.

BAR: don’t mind the lyric change , I feel like the parody-sequel lyrics will be fun to scream out while drunk. Hopefully it doesn’t lose its purpose as a slight diss track

The greatest: This song will probably be my favorite. Lovely lyrics and the vocals are so raw.. love how she’s belting out almost.. reminds me of a song they would play at the end of a romance movie.. where the dude gets caught for cheating or some shit

Bartender: when I heard the title I was hoping for some raunchy sensual grunge sounds but this is cute hopefully it falls into something dramatic