Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I dont see yosemite having a place in the album..she said she didnt put it on LFL because it was "too happy" and now she described her album "deep sad girl introspective" ...but you never know with Lana lol

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

The part where she talks about the album cover.... Ben not being sure just sounds like a biiiiiiiig no no.

But the one she's going to shoot and compare sounds so interesting. I hope we at least get to see both.

I wouldn’t trust Ben’s taste. He turned down the original alternate UV cover (the one of Lana smoking) which was iconic af

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What if the cover she wants to shoot is in a plane? This is the first thing that came in my mind when she talked about the cover on the Instagram live

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

So...

• The album cover we have right now I'm guessing is not good (if her manager doesn't like it) - let's pray the alternate cover is the one! and we get both on vinyl (like UV and HM).
  • The album cover is shot by Chuck
  • Album is finished so y'all can stop worrying about trap beats and rappers.
  • Yosemite is dead.
  • HIAB could also be dead.
  • Next single sometime in January (likely to be the 8th).

I think we are forgetting that by ''deeply introspective thoughtful sad girl shit'' she actually means songs like HIAB, HTD, Sylvia, VB and MAC....so maybe not that introspective after all huh 

..Actually I take that back partially, the yrics on HTD and MAC are great and they seem to be good on Sylvia too...hmm, I gues we'll see how deep she goes on this album but nonetheless, I'm excited

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Same! I want to save the best for last. I still want to have the cake even though I'm desperate to eat it

Besides, she teased White Mustang and Change a lot and we didn't those as singles before the record...

So...

• The album cover we have right now I'm guessing is not good (if her manager doesn't like it) - let's pray the alternate cover is the one! and we get both on vinyl (like UV and HM).
  • The album cover is shot by Chuck
  • Album is finished so y'all can stop worrying about trap beats and rappers.
  • Yosemite is dead.
  • HIAB could also be dead.
  • Next single sometime in January (likely to be the 8th).

Why would HIaB be dead? It fits the mood she described... The bridge is sad as fuck. 

As painful as it is to say it, yeah, Yosemite won't probably on the album. 

Controversial, but I actually like the cover that we got for UV, the original pic seemed a bit too loud and upfront, and actually, at least for me, felt a bit flat bc of the lighting and didn't really feel like it could've encapsulated the charm UV had. The muted gray on the cover felt like a fucking silent scream, and how faded yet controlled it looked pixel wise, and how the light escaped thru the foliage from the back, with her standing out of the car, felt more dreamy, and mysterious, which gave the record's aesthetic more of a slowburner feel like how Cruel World opens it. 

The alt cover felt like it was too pandering towards some kind of false edginess with the centeredness of her head, that she didn't really need to have proven. Also, it looked less elegant and didn't have all that much magic to it, even if the cigarette was being ignited. Didn't really have that staying power, unlike the cover that we actually got 

UV/Honeymoon

I think we are forgetting that by ''deeply introspective thoughtful sad girl shit'' she actually means songs like HIAB, HTD, Sylvia, VB and MAC....so maybe not that introspective after all huh 

..Actually I take that back partially, the yrics on HTD and MAC are great and they seem to be good on Sylvia too...hmm, I gues we'll see how deep she goes on this album but nonetheless, I'm excited

HIaB is sad as shit, with its bridge. 

To me, VB is more of a wishlist than a reality, which makes it even more melancholic. This is her ideal relationship she wishes she had but is not quite there yet... So it's partly sad IMO.

Controversial, but I actually like the cover that we got for UV, the original pic seemed a bit too loud and upfront, and actually, at least for me, felt a bit flat bc of the lighting and didn't really feel like it could've encapsulated the charm UV had. The muted gray on the cover felt like a fucking silent scream, and how faded yet controlled it looked pixel wise, and how the light escaped thru the foliage from the back, with her standing out of the car, felt more dreamy, and mysterious, which gave the record's aesthetic more of a slowburner feel like how Cruel World opens it. 

The alt cover felt like it was to pandering towards some kind of false edginess with the centeredness of her head, that she didn't really need to have proven. Also, it looked less elegant and didn't have all that much magic to it, even if the cigarette was being ignited. Didn't really have that staying power, unlike the cover that we actually got 

i agree 100%!!! the first one was a nice photo, but the one we got encapsulates the whole attitude and mood of the girl she describes on the album. 

HIAB kinda sucks so I'm not really excited to hear it :oprah3:

If he is a serial killer

Then what's the worst, that could happen to a girl

Who's already hurt

I'm already hurt -

If he is as bad as they say

Then I guess I'm cursed

Looking into his eyes

I think he's already hurt

:sluttybunny: :sluttybunny: :sluttybunny:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i agree 100%!!! the first one was a nice photo, but the one we got encapsulates the whole attitude and mood of the girl she describes on the album. 

YES! The first rumored photo seemed more like an unpolished idea didn't really fit in well with much of anything, like it looked like it was idk 2 deviations away from what the record was bc it had the spunk, but it would've just fizzled out quick and would've left the music some kind of awkward stale, and all disconnected 

UV/Honeymoon

The alt cover felt like it was to pandering towards some kind of false edginess with the centeredness of her head, that she didn't really need to have proven. Also, it looked less elegant and didn't have all that much magic to it, even if the cigarette was being ignited. Didn't really have that staying power, unlike the cover that we actually got 

Yes!! 

I legit don't know why people are so obsessed with that cigarette photo, it's just plain and ugly and nothing special whatsoever.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***