Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Basically, everything is almost done with the album, except for the cover, and that's only because her manager wants her to do another one.

And btw, I think we're staying with 11 songs.

Also, I saw some of you saying that the songs we got weren't really introspective, and I only agree for MAC and VB. Cinnamon seems to be a song about being afraid to love and be loved because of a troubled and hard past, and depression. HIAB lyrics mix sadness and hope, but again, she talks about love and being afraid to be hurt again. Sylvia Plath is extremely sad. From the lyrics we got, I completely see why she told it was the saddest song she ever wrote. She talks about being under pressure and being treated like a dumb and fake girl. But she's not what people think she is. And maybe she's not perfect enough for some people, and that's why she ends up alone. That's what I personally get from the snippet.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Basically, everything is almost done with the album, except for the cover, and that's only because her manager wants her to do another one.

And btw, I think we're staying with 11 songs.

Also, I saw some of you saying that the songs we got weren't really introspective, and I only agree for MAC and VB. Cinnamon seems to be a song about being afraid to love and be loved because of a troubled and hard past, and depression. HIAB lyrics mix sadness and hope, but again, she talks about love and being afraid to be hurt again. Sylvia Plath is extremely sad. From the lyrics we got, I completely see why she told it was the saddest song she ever wrote. She talks about being under pressure and being treated like a dumb and fake girl. But she's not what people think she is. And maybe she's not perfect enough for some people, and that's why she ends up alone. That's what I personally get from the snippet.

she mentioned 11 songs in September and we know HTD was the last one they did for NFR. I wonder if HTD was included in the 11 songs at the moment of the interview or if it was included later. Besides, VB is 10 minute long; I didn't expect an album with 15 songs this time around. I think it will hit the 60-minute mark, which most of her albums have. 

Now I am intrigued with cover... I am of the few who don't care that much about an album cover, as long as it's not plain ugly (and it takes a lot for me to find a cover ugly) and it reflects the atmosphere of the album. 
Chuck's photo for the HBTB single is, to me, the most beautiful of her covers. though I really love the UV one. 

Now I am intrigued with cover... I am of the few who don't care that much about an album cover, as long as it's not plain ugly (and it takes a lot for me to find a cover ugly) and it reflects the atmosphere of the album. 

Chuck's photo for the HBTB single is, to me, the most beautiful of her covers. though I really love the UV one. 

Ditto on the atmosphere, and the HBTB single cover. For me, the cover's got to have some kind of balance to it, bc it'd give a sense of strength and stability to it, which in turn would make me think that the artist's confident in their work, like how solid is intent

UV/Honeymoon

I know we bash Chuck a lot, but the HBTB cover really was beautiful. I liked the lilac color of the sky with Lana's green pastel dress and the wind blowing her hair.

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach.jpg

I wouldn't mind something like this for NFR.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Let's be real, the cover is gonna suck since Chuck will shoot it anyways. I'm just praying it won't be as gross as LFL's cover

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I dont see yosemite having a place in the album..she said she didnt put it on LFL because it was "too happy" and now she described her album "deep sad girl introspective" ...but you never know with Lana lol

"We did it for fun we did it for free I did it for you you did it for me we did for the right reasons" sounds introspective enough to me. We don't know what the rest of the song is about, it could be about her old, bittersweet days just like HTD's NY reference.

It could work in the right context

All of this aside I don't really believe Yosemite WILL be there. It's Lana after all and I doubt she'd revisit previous projects. We also could've had a post LFL ep with Yosemite, RBFY and all these tracks but again... It's Lana so

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Yall I just realised since the album is 100% done, that means 'Hey Baby Blue' won't be on it....

The chances were really slim... Besides, maybe it was recorded earlier on, though I doubt it will end up on NFR

She needs to fire Ben tbh

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Omg..I've been such a downer on this era because I haven't been feeling the hype but my wig removed itself when she said " this is gonna be some deeply introspective thoughtful.. sad girl shit" oh wow... oh wow I FELT THAT I'm ready for some soft surf rock back road sad white girl blues. I'm 100% here for the album cover reshoot the fact that she said "she was too LAZY to do it" means that she's actually gonna put some effort in and deliver some good fucking visuals and if it's an idea she's had for a while is even better because she's put some thought into it! Ben has made some shit decisions in the past I'm sure but with the way Lana's taste for visuals has been (ugly ass MAC/VB covers) I'm with Ben on this one

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Ugh! I'm so ready for this I can't wait to hear this 'sad girl shit'.

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡