Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I haven't listened to the song yet, so the fact that it is indeed just a simple piano ballad kinda dissapointed me. However, y'all are saying her vocals and melody are really great and compensate for the lack of instrumentation so I'm gonna be positive about it. Still, I don't think it'll be in my favourites

Also, the lyrics are...something else. They're really great in parts but they're also really tacky and weird, with all the ipad references and the: shaking my ass, black narcissist...It doesn't really go well together sometimes, but it's so fucking personal and direct 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I haven't listened to the song yet, so the fact that it is indeed just a simple piano ballad kinda dissapointed me. However, y'all are saying her vocals and melody are really great and compensate for the lack of instrumentation so I'm gonna be positive about it. Still, I don't think it'll be in my favourites

Also, the lyrics are...something else. They're really great in parts but they're also really tacky and weird, with all the ipad references and the: shaking my ass, black narcissist...It doesn't really go well together sometimes, but it's so fucking personal and direct

Honestly the song really doesn't need anything else than piano. I would even say that more instruments wouldn't do it. It's her Liability.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

this is so much better than change,

still a very basic piano ballad tho with no surprises or anything that much special

rumour has it change stans all chocked when they heard the last 40 seconds of sylvia

i76mrxw.png 

I don’t think I will listen to it more than 20 times tho

And the “black narcissist” line really bothers me

She doesn't talk about someone else. She talks about herself and her demons.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Honestly the song really doesn't need anything else than piano. I would even say that more instruments wouldn't do it. It's her Liability.

Wow, ok now I'm genuinely excited!!! All the comments are saying it's a classic beautiful masterpiece and fuck I can't take it anymore. Coming back after I listen to it 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***