Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don't want Jack Antanoff anywhere near Lana after this track. The lyrics are so beautiful & the song had so much potential but the production is sooooo bland & uninspired... Sounds almost like an acapella. Imagine if Rick Nowels, Emile Haynes or Dan Heath had produced this...

Someone please do an edit with real instruments in it.

Jack is the best thing that happened to her in a long time. If it was Rick or any others who produced this then it'd still be a fucking piano ballad cause I bet it was her decision. Y'all act like she writes the song and hands it over to the producer for the rest. I bet 85% of the production decisions are hers. Y'all think Jack wasn't capable of adding more to the production lol? She wanted it this raw and stripped back.

I'm so happy for Jack. He gave her the most beautiful chord progressions and Venice Bitch. 

Speculation here... but could Sylvia /HIaDT be the October single we were possibly getting?

With that release, is it possible that we still don’t have the “lead single” that will restart the pre-release of NFR?

Lol. Might be. She said this single is a serious one and Hope is thoughtful af

giphy.gif

Ok I listened to it finally and it is indeed really great. Like many people said, this is the Change we really deserved. The real piano ballad. The lyrics are amazing actually and the melody is unique and touching. Not to mention her voice is fucking bomb. Thank God for no filters. Her voice's so clear that it brings a lovely sense of intimacy to the song, which is awesome considering how personal it is to Lana 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

This song is the embodiment of her description of the album: deeply introspective sad girl shit 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Good morning girls and gays I'm in class having an aneurysm at the cover

what's the cover??????

edit: lmao just found it two posts up

giphy.gif

Yeah, the cover is really bad and lazy...smh. For that great of a song to have that cover...

I guess this applies for all the other songs and maybe it'll apply for the album itself. It's sad that she doesn't care about the visuals like she used to, but at the end of the day I don't really care when the music is so good. 

Its clearly about kanye :hooker:

n response Lana, who performed at West's 2014 wedding to Kim Kardashian, commented on the post: “Trump becoming our president was a loss for the country but your support of him is a loss for the culture.” She suggested that Trump and Kanye have “extreme issues with narcissism.” She then added: “If you think it’s alright to support someone who believes it’s OK to grab a woman by the pussy just because he’s famous-then you need an intervention as much as he does.

Lust For Dead   large.gif

WOW okay I had low expectations for the single cover but apparently I didn't set them low enough :toofunny:

It's a GORGEOUS selfie, but wow I didn't expect it to be used as the actual cover art

Anyway, I don't mind too much because although I'm not in love with Sylvia yet, I feel like it's going to be one of those songs which gets better with time. A bit like Yayo - I liked it when it was released, but wasn't that passionate about it. But a number of years later, it is one of my favourites!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png