Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I understand the label mentality with the physical release if they know the album is not going to sell. But why do the labels shelf finished albums and dont just put them on streaming services and itunes?

bc it's more expensive to release a flop than to shelf smth 

i76mrxw.png 

I'm bored so I went on the Lana song title generator and made a whole NFR out of the decent fake names it gave me and the current songs we know about   :flutter:

1. Mariner's Apartment Complex

2. Downtown Nightmare 

3. Norman Fucking Rockwell

4. Happiness Is A Butterfly

5. HIADT

6. Cinnamon

7. In Your Car

8. Shotgun Romance

9. Venice Bitch

10. Velvet Daydreams

11. How To Dissapear

Deluxe Edition  :hooker:

12. Afghan Whore

13. Manson Asphyxiation

14. Yosemite 

bc it's more expensive to release a flop than to shelf smth 

How is it expensive to upload it to Spotify? Even the most indie acts with no real budget get their albums or EPs there. But still the labels shelf albums like Meghan Trainor´s Treat Myself that would still be profitable. Not much, but still profitable. 

Perhaps they want us to lose hype? At least for now cus they're not starting the era until April ish for a summer release? I really hope this isn't the case but its the only thing that can explain this unproffesionalism

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Oh I'm not saying she ain't a challenge

Lana would be dumb if she released her album on the same day :awkney:

i don't know, i still think the twinks will come right back as soon as she says something even if it's not related

like we'll be disappointed maybe yes but we'll still be thirsty for it

also didn't she say or allude to in the live stream on new years that her saying the album is done was super uneventful i think in that moment she kind of just talking about it to answer the question and it caught her off like 'oh that wasnt the best way to say that lol'

anyway i feel like she's waiting to promote as a package, she's always had some form of promoting and she's not dumb so why would she not promote? who cares if it's nontraditional everyone still writes articles about her

and lana does still have 12 mil follows compared to billie's 6+ mil for reference

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I think Lana could release before Billie's date, maybe the Friday before. If she releases another single in the beginning of February, then the cover and preorder soon after, it could happen. Wishful thinking laid geez

We have to remember there's 4 fridays in March, so it could be one of the 3 before the 29th

We have to remember there's 4 fridays in March, so it could be one of the 3 before the 29th

i mean she still has time to do promo and do what she has to do if release was pushed to March 22nd so thats not THAT unrealistic

i mean she still has time to do promo and do what she has to do if release was pushed to March 22nd so thats not THAT unrealistic

She doesn't even have to do real promo. Look at honeymoon, all she did with that was release a lead, then music video and then dropped the album. She doesn't have to pull a LFL and go all out with magazine shoots and interviews

I really feel bad for the people that are still expecting the era to “begin” LMAO

they're the same people who are saying the three first singles were "fan singles" and that the real singles are being prepped and that Lana is planning promotion and shit

like bitch what era you waiting for? we been in it for 6 months now chile

NervousWhiteIvorygull-small.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif