Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Same label, similar sound and fanbase. Interscope is gonna try to push both NFR and Billie's album and aim for number one both times. I'm expecting at the very least two weeks between the two albums' release dates. 

Ah I didn't realise they were both Interscope... Well let's hope NFR gets brought forward (lol) or I guess it's April at the earliest now.

lol noone knows Billie fucking Elish

I know who she is, just preordered her album lol. Just didn't think she'd have that much of an impact on the album charts, didn't realise they were same label though.

I agree that the hate of these newer artists is too much but Lana is the artist who inspired the whole “tumblr-ish” singer thing. Without her it wouldn’t really be a thing. She’s not a tumblr-ish singer, she’s one of the main reasons why these “tumblr-ish singers” are a thing.

What makes a """tumblrish""" singer? Being like by Tumblr users? Then, sis, I have bad news for you: Lana is huge on Tumblr, she basically got big because of her impact among Tumblr teens. Next.

Waiting six+ months to release an album that’s already done, phew.

I like to believe that MAC and VB were stand alone releases and she was joking when she said she had an album and it was called NFR.

Then her team and label reminded her of her fanbase and now she's had to commit to NFR and began the album in October ahaha.

Can we all just agree that Lana is better than Billie and just move on thank you

how can you say that when they aren't even remotely similar? They are two different artists, you can't compare them. Lana does her thing, Billie does hers. And let us not forget, Billie is 17, she's still a teenager. Let her live her life and do what she wants (that goes without saying you should do the same for Lana)

negAbhB.png

how can you say that when they aren't even remotely similar? They are two different artists, you can't compare them. Lana does her thing, Billie does hers. And let us not forget, Billie is 17, she's still a teenager. Let her live her life and do what she wants (that goes without saying you should do the same for Lana)

Just because they aren't smiliar doesn't mean I can't have my opinion about Lana being better than her.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I mean, she never really said that her album was going to arrive anytime soon. She just kinda mentioned it like: ''yeah, and I have a new record in the works; this is the last song we've added on the new record; the new record is done'' So basically, we fooled ourselves by thinking the album was coming.

However, all the hints pointed towards that (including her literally saying VB was the lead single like wtf??) so did we really fool ourselves? mmm no. Lana is just the biggest mess ever...again

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Just because they aren't smiliar doesn't mean I can't have my opinion about Lana being better than her.

that's true but it also doesn't really make any sense

but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

negAbhB.png

What makes a """tumblrish""" singer? Being like by Tumblr users? Then, sis, I have bad news for you: Lana is huge on Tumblr, she basically got big because of her impact among Tumblr teens. Next.

Not what I meant. “Tumblr-ish singers” are basically those indie girls from tumblr with their ukeleles and seal accents (see: Halsey, etc.). Lana is one of the main reasons why they’re a thing, a lot of them are inspired by her.

qfrWuBl.png

I mean, she never really said that her album was going to arrive anytime soon. She just kinda mentioned it like: ''yeah, and I have a new record in the works; this is the last song we've added on the new record; the new record is done'' So basically, we fooled ourselves by thinking the album was coming.

However, all the hints pointed towards that (including her literally saying VB was the lead single like wtf??) so did we really fool ourselves? mmm no. Lana is just the biggest mess ever...again

exactly! maybe we are delusional and jump to assumptions but honestly, when you say "the album is finished its mastered" what else do you expect us to think? 

Ya'll are forgetting all the sources like MTV and Billboard who said it would be released March 29th. Lana and/or her managers must have got wind of this somehow (especially with their connections), so they could have said it wasn't the real release date if they wanted to avoid any confusion with the fans.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I mean, she never really said that her album was going to arrive anytime soon. She just kinda mentioned it like: ''yeah, and I have a new record in the works; this is the last song we've added on the new record; the new record is done''

I mean she did say that it would be released at the beginning of 2019 too...

Ya'll are forgetting all the sources like MTV and Billboard who said it would be released March 29th.

Yeah, DIY magazine just released an article 'top 10 albums of 2019' and it's on there, Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell (March 29th), surely if this was false her team would release something (even to publications only) to clarify the release date.

Also since Interscope has other releases that date, you'd think they'd at least clarify to avoid confusion. I miss the days when we'd get a lead single, along with the album title and release date.