Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I agree with you on most parts. We are lucky to have her. She released six albums /EP in 8 years, which is more than most artists. NFR is shaping up to be a stunning album, and I do love the three songs we have so far. However, my only concern is how scattered and spaced everything is with this pre-release era. We are going on a 6 month+ period here, which is much more than the industry’s usual. I don’t mind that she goes mute between albums, but when she kicks things, i expect the album to be out within 5 months. Like i said before, this era has the worst of HM (no interviews) and LFL (how spaced everything was).

This being said, I trust I will love NFR, but the waiting game is a bit tiring.

I agree that it's a bit tiring but I also think we make it more tiring than it needs to be because we obsess over it. Not blaming anyone for doing it, I do it too, but then I remind myself how she doesn't owe us anything and I put on Venice Bitch and float away to bliss.  :flutter:

Good morning ladies today I went to the doctor to get my medication, did some well deserved shopping for cute clothes (wanted some shoes but didn't find anything nice), got some McDonalds because why not and now that I'm calm, fullfilled and with my head in the right place I can say that I still hate Hope cbOrd43.gif that's all

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

will lana ever top Venice Bitch? the world may never know.....

Nope! That shit keeps me living and breathing

I agree that it's a bit tiring but I also think we make it more tiring than it needs to be because we obsess over it. Not blaming anyone for doing it, I do it too, but then I remind myself how she doesn't owe us anything and I put on Venice Bitch and float away to bliss. :flutter:

preach it sis

I have a weird feeling it’s like a cycle for Lana, maybe in her head she’s thinking about it like this

Cycle 1

BTD / Paradise

UV

HM

Cycle 2

L4L (Should’ve had an EP alongside it)

NFR

Untitled LDR 6/7

Cycle 3 etc etc

Maybe this era she’s feeling more introspective and she’s got more emotion in this record again. I agree with some who say LFL was like how the BTD era was in terms of the fact we got singles, visuals, a huge tour etc. I’m thinking NFR will be her second phase of her second collection of records maybe. In terms of personal meaning. Not that LFL didnt mean much to Lana, obviously it did but I have a weird feeling this one will be how UV was and she’ll just jump to the next after this comes out. This will be her next lesser commercial records and honestly, that’s my favorite version of Lana because it feels more real and more meaningful

You can even hear the similarities to BTD within LFL, the sampling sounds like it’s trying to go back to the BTD sound

She’s also described NFR as some “introspective, sad girl shit”

Hell, maybe she’s already working on the next since this is completed already, so she says. Remember how soon she started talk of HM after UV came out? It was the same week it released lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I still feel like the only reason LFL wasn't more in the style of the album trailer was because of the leaks. We haven't had any big leaks this era yet (nothing off of NFR anyways) plus Jack is probably able to redirect Lana when she begins to have doubts about the songs. 

It still confuses me though that the fan reception of BAR was overwhelmingly positive but Lana still changed everything

Just like when she made us think that L4L would have witch references and then nothing

But Stevie’s a witch queen so I mean idk

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

omg stop, it hurts.................. i was so excited for that, still hoping she'll be in the AHS Coven spin-off :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

tenor.gif?itemid=5322762

But Stevie’s a witch queen so I mean idk

yeah but she still has that spongebob voice so.....

Capturar.png

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

Just like when she made us think that L4L would have witch references and then nothing

I will never forgive her. :(

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

March 29th is actually a billion times worse than May 26 cus at least we were in the middle of the era at that point and Lana was doing a bunch of interviews and live shows. What are we getting now? Jack shit. This is seriously painful. I can't believe she's doing this to us.

cbOrd43.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Hell, maybe she’s already working on the next since this is completed already, so she says. Remember how soon she started talk of HM after UV came out? It was the same week it released lol

And if I'm not mistaking, she started working on LFL (the album) the day HM came out, by writing LFL (the song). So I wouldn't be surprised if she has already started writing her next album.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

And if I'm not mistaking, she started working on LFL (the album) the day HM came out, by writing LFL (the song). So I wouldn't be surprised if she has already started writing her next album.

Oh that’s interesting. I didn’t know that lol that’s good to know, that means that there is a possibility of her starting the next. As much as she works, I’d love that. Idk I don’t want her to rush anything but I really liked when she said she likes to give herself a 15-16 month time frame between albums which this one could be in March or April so possibly 17-18 after LFL if it’s on time like she plans. That would mean the next record could be out Summer/Fall 2020

We should be so grateful lmao she released so much in so little time but as much as she works, she really seems to do well doing things as fast as she’d like. She works well when she works quickly I guess I’m trying to say (at least, I think so, HM is a favorite of mine)

giphy.gif