Sign in to follow this  
Kurac na Biciklu

Will you ever stop stanning Lana?

Honestly the only thing that would make me unstan was if some sort of scandal like Melanie Martinez or Poppy came out, I just wouldn't be able to separate the art from the artist. But I highly doubt that will happen! (Pls note this is not a criticism of members who stan Melanie/Poppy)

As a couple of other members have said, I've been stanning for 6 years (from when I was 14 - 20 now) and while other artists have come and gone, I love Lana more than I have ever done. Although I do love her more in a different way - I used to be a much more intense stan (listen to her music ALL the time, think about her music constantly) but I don't do that much anymore. I am fine with it though, she still has a massive impact on my life. I can go a while without listening to her music, and actually I went through a phase where I stopped myself listening to it because I was so scared I would overplay her songs and they would lose the magic, but I am trying to get out of that phase now because I miss listening to her!

But yeah even if I do stop stanning (where something major would need to happen) she will still be part of my life. Her music has been there when no one else has, and is one of the only things in my life which is stable and you can rely on. It will be there in your darkest moments and not judge you, I feel her albums (especially UV and HM) just kinda listen to you if you are upset about something? Idk if that even makes sense but yes in conclusion she has probably made the biggest impact on my life after my mum so unstanning seems impossible. 

TR;DL I fricking love that woman and I can see myself with my stan card intact when I am 90 years old

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

I'm not a prophet, so I can't actually see the future, but Lana has as many great records, that mean as much to me, as artists that I've loved for 30 years, so I can't see any reason why I'll stop caring about her.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

There's ebb and flow with all my favourites. FATM used to be my favourite and I love them still but Lana has surpassed them - then High as Hope came out this year and I am listening to a ton of them again, probably more than Lana.

Maybe something will come along in a couple of years and I will not listen to Lana everyday, but then she'll release something else and I'll be listening to her all over again. I'm finding Lana's my appreciation for albums change every few months. I'm finding myself liking L4L a lot more but also enjoying the instrumentals and lyrics of Honeymoon which is popping that back in rotation. And I'm forever finding new covers and unreleased material from Lana which is interesting me.

I'll always enjoy her music! I'm not sure when I'll slow listening to it regularly though.

3lfQEhw.png

can't be bothered with any of the fan things i used to do, maintaining a complete collection etc. I check back often for news and leaks but meh

Yeah. Likewise.

I rarely listen to her these days. A song here or there, but never nonstop, exclusively lana. A new record might pull me back, but I cared for each new LP less and less after born to die.

I think I overestimated her lyrical capacity. Started listening summer 2012, and there were tons of new leaks every other day that were fresh and unique to her album material. The new music's production is good, but songs like Venice beach will never entice me the same way because she's said all of those words countless times before and I've been listening too closely for something different.

Her as a person? I'll always love. I never cared about an artist the way I care about her. My first celebrity obsession. And maybe my last.

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

BTD is my fave album of all time so I will never stop caring. But ultimately if the music gets boring or bad then I won’t buy her music anymore full stop. I worry she will start having lots of rap and have a cheap generic music style like the other dull pop girls. I’m concerned because she’s shown a less classy side to her lately. More trashy, lyrically and personality wise. It started after she released Coachella/summer bummer etc I thought they were trashy and lyrically appalling and lazy. Then the hanging around with trashy rappers? Eww. The whole Azalea banks thing and the way she was like “pull up” while funny is really off putting - just really unintelligent and classless things to say. I used to see Lana as more of a mature artist, an intelligent female....but clearly she’s got a very trashy side to her underneath it all.

This is wrong on so many levels..... all rappers are suddenly trash? Either ur racist as fuck or a snob

god-damn.png

I think I'll probably love her forever. Really. I have gone through many phases of stanning artists that I no longer care about but she has been a constant through all of that. If NOTHING else, I became a fan of her's back in 2011 when I was in 7th grade and her music has completely shaped who I am and my life in general and it's been there for me when I've had no friends and when I've gone through hard times. So I think I will always care for her a lot.

I am literally living in NYC with a man 18 years older than me. That would definitley not be the case if I hadn't discovered Lana during my most influential years lmao.

I think certain artists, like people you hold close to your life become apart of you like family. Because of the amount of time you've invested into them. And vice versa. Which means the bonds will outlast even the entertainment aspect. But it isnt negating how they've impacted you in that way. So i'll say it all depends on the person. I'll always check for the music for the fact that there isnt anyone her. No other artist is able to capture and give the type of music she does. & In the way that she does it.

Don't judge me, but as a kid and until I was like 13, I basically only listened to j-pop. I still love three of the artists I play the most, I felt sad when one of them decided to retire last year (but I don't blame her, she's been in the industry for ages) and no, I might not always understand all the words everytime... but it doesn't really matter. I think we all liked Michael Jackson as kids even though not all of us understood English, right? Luckily there's almost always a translation of the lyrics to be found on the internet, so maybe that was one reason why I was better at English than my classmates as a kid... and that I played video games in English... anyway.

I still love Ayu even though her music has been really bad the past years - the last good album I listened to is from 2009 and the last amazing song is from 2014... a collab with Armin van Buuren, so it wasn't completely her own song either. That said, she's been with me longer than any other artist and I might not like her new songs but I still admire her with all of my heart.

I've loved k-pop since I was like 14-15 and I've stanned the same people for like 7 years, so I doubt that my love for them will die anytime soon either.

The first English speaking artists I loved was U2, mainly thanks fo my dad and one of my brothers who were/are the biggest fan ever. My brother is a mod on the Swedish fan site. I didn't love U2 when I was younger (I was all about pop haha) but as I grew older, I couldn't help but really love them and their music as well. And it's easier to "connect" with the songs since they're sung in a language I actually understand. They've always been in my life so I don't expect my love and admiration for them will ever die.

But Lana was the first English speaking artists that I just completely fell in love with when I gave her a chance. I've loved her for 5 years and I can't imagine ever not loving her in the future. I've had her singing voice in my head every week (day??)... for like five years. I'm hooked for life. Her voice is magical, her lyrics and storytelling is on a different level and the music itself is... I've never heard anything like it. I will never get tired of her songs, released and unreleased. I can't connect to any of her songs really (except for Dark Paradise) because I've never been a wild person and never experienced heartbreak. But damn. I can feel the melancholy she sings of. I love following her story, seeing her becoming better and less depressed like she was a few years ago. She deserves the world and I will supprt her the best I can by buying her albums and concert tickets. She has a special place in my heart. I don't believe I will ever grow tired of her, even if her music would become less good - I mean, I still love the same woman since I was a kid even though she hasn't had a good album since 2009, right?

TL;DR: ♥ Lana forever in my heart ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

probably never, She's the singer I've been waiting for all my life. My own story is similar in some ways to the one she tells in her records. And she has a gift of expressing exactly what I'm feeling at the moment she releases a record. 

I won’t ever stop. I listen to her on a daily basis, at least once. It’s just a daily tally I’ve kept up with and I’ve lasted this long, I won’t quit now. There’s no point, especially if she’s just releasing album after album like it seems she’s been doing the past few years. I’d rather waste my time listening to more and more material from her than any other artist, even if the material is reused, remade. Idgaf about other artists, fresh out of fucks forever as much as I listen to Lana.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i found lana at a really formative time and even if i stopped listening to her, i don't think she'd ever really be gone just because she was like The Artist for me for that long you know... she was the first artist that i found on my own, and that i really connected to and i'm so grateful for her. i feel the same way about another artist who i haven't payed attention to in years, he hasn't been active in years anyways, except he did a tour a few years ago that i attended and felt kind of guilty because i know 14 year old me would've been having a way different experience than i did as i am now... but he's still never really been gone from my life, i think people like this will always always have a place in me no matter what :/ my heart still swells when i think of him or lana :') at first i was kind of in a difficult situation because as i grew up i realized how fucked up he was and i didn't know what to do, but idk... the same thing with lana and hillsong and whatever newest thing azealia is up to, i will be very disappointed and frustrated but i recognize that we are all individuals and humans and no one is going to behave exactly like me, and their individuality is why i'm drawn to artists in the first place, but music is part of the soul and i think it's a different connection than to be able to just stop with someone because you don't agree with their actions, ? idk how to phrase this in a way that doesn't sound like i would excuse them because that's definitely not the case but like, idk it's a relationship just as much as with your friends/family/spouse etc.. not all of it is good, and i definitely will be less enthused for a time, but as long as there is a part of them or their music that still speaks to me i'm gonna engage with it and be thankful remembering all of the better things they've made me feel . so long story short yea i'll probably have a lana quote on my grave (and mind you, vegans supposedly live longer, so that wont be anytime soon  :creep:) lmao sorry this was so long

UbsOye5.png