Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

2 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

The most annoying and insufferable people are either “NFR! is her best” and “NFR! and post-NFR are the worst works”… truly no in between i’d have to say…

sometimes i tend to act like the first latter though…

I'm in between. I don't rate it very highly overall, especially due to the fucked-up version of BAR and HIAB, but love The Greatest, Venice Bitch, and Mariner's Apartment Complex. I like Cinnamon Girl but not the foggy production. Hope is obviously a very powerful and personal song, it's just not what I, personally, look for from Lana. 

16 hours ago, unidentified dragonslayer said:

The greatest always makes me cry, it’s just something about that damn song :trisha3:

Probably because it's about the end of life on Earth, and she dramatizes it very well. 

Im going to an immersive listening session for NFR in two weeks and im so ready (Envelop SF) :dance: I will be microdosing LOL and let you guys know how it goes! I’ve been to a session at the same place for My Bloody Valentine and Frank Ocean and it was absolutely amazing, will be uploading footage when I get it :dance4:

https://envelop.us/event/ESF20230130-lana-del-rey-nfr-listen

sgopYhV.gif

On 12/17/2023 at 8:41 AM, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

The most annoying and insufferable people are either “NFR! is her best” and “post-LFL are the worst works and pre-NFR! are masterpieces”… truly no in between i’d have to say…

sometimes i tend to act like the first latter though…

Wow you must hate me because I’m somehow both of these:thumb3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I hate to keep being that guy but is there any way we can get her managers or something to try and get Lana’s music reuploaded in Spatial Audio because imagine this album in Dolby Atmos. Her music was literally made for this feature. VENICE BITCH? :justride:

Basically every other album Jack has produced is (Midnights, Melodrama, probably some more…) 

Sooo I went to the immersive audiophile-ish NFR listening experience while on a light trip on shrooms! It was such a great experience <3 at some points it kinda felt like just listening to loud speakers lol but other times I heard stuff I hadn’t heard before. Overall it was like listening to NFR for the first time again and I loved it <3 

there was about 20 other people or so and it was overall a cool experience. My highlights were the first four tracks (Venice Bitch was a TRIP). They were playing the vinyl so Fuck it I love you was also a nice surprise. 

NFR overall is just such a beautiful album! It really brought me back to 2019 and it felt like I was a college student listening to Lana’s newest album. I got pretty emotional lol. This place will typically play albums like Loveless by MBV, Blonde by Frank Ocean, Pink Floyd, etc so I’m so glad to see an artist like Lana included in something like this. 

I could only take a few videos because it was so dark - hopefully these work! 

9CRbFBk.mp4

LyU0EYP.mp4

gdkbJoo.mp4

sgopYhV.gif

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

THE TASTE THE TOUCH THE WAY WE LOVE

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO MAKE THE SOUND OF OUR LOVE SONG

Underrated masterpiece

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I had the opportunity to listen to this album on holophonic speakers, in total darkness, full volume, and I couldn't believe it. This is such a rock album. Every instrument had enough space to breathe and her voice was piercing; it was like experiencing a live show with no crowd; you could hear the smallest details and the sound quality was vivid. Venice Bitch was insane. The amount of people sobbing during Cinnamon Girl was crazy. Happiness - Hope was intense. However what moved me the most was her voice; I was hooked. I'm so glad I was able to experience her voice like this. I got tickets for Ocean Blvd on April 19. I'm so so excited.

5 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

I had the opportunity to listen to this album on holophonic speakers, in total darkness, full volume, and I couldn't believe it. This is such a rock album. Every instrument had enough space to breathe and her voice was piercing; it was like experiencing a live show with no crowd; you could hear the smallest details and the sound quality was vivid. Venice Bitch was insane. The amount of people sobbing during Cinnamon Girl was crazy. Happiness - Hope was intense. However what moved me the most was her voice; I was hooked. I'm so glad I was able to experience her voice like this. I got tickets for Ocean Blvd on April 19. I'm so so excited.

i wanna experience a lot of albums in holophonics tbh.

Kesha - Gag Order (but also her whole discography)

Gaga - ARTPOP

MCR - May Death Never Stop You (i cant just pick one MCR album; so greatest hits it is)

Lana - Honeymoon

Too Close to Touch - For Keeps

Taylor Swift - Speak Now (TV)

Marina - Ancient Dreams...

Demi - Dancing with the Devil

and all of the Japanese SHM-CD releases i have (its only three right now lol)

Evanescence - Synthesis

Escape the Fate - Ungrateful

Evanescence - Fallen (anniversary deluxe)

5 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Her greatest album of all time no doubt. 

I remember being on a plane to Tokyo and she had just about dropped Venice Bitch. I was on airplane wifi and came across an interview with her where she said the album will be called NORMAN F-ING ROCKWELL. I remember bursting out laughing at the brilliant title. Then I listened to Venice Bitch, and I just knew that it'll be her best album yet.

9 minutes ago, ts2003 said:

Was there ever an original name for nfr (album) or was it always nfr?

The one that's always mentioned is 'Bird World' (see this link ), but I'm not sure how serious this was, or if there were others.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png