Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

All this nonsense about the production is coming mostly from the fans. Quite different reaction in other parts of blogosphere from casual listeners/non-fans. 

And btw. you can't call Hope ''trash of a song'' and expect to be taken seriously!

you can't call Hope ''trash of a song'' and expect to be taken seriously!

what is it exactly, if not trash? or, more accurately, trashly produced?

look back at her discography. bel air, old money, terrence loves you... all the beautiful piano based ballads she has done.

hope couldve been up there with them, but instead jack decided to throw on some repetitive lq ass piano for 5 minutes, expecting the listener to enjoy it.

he definitely didnt bother to properly produce this track, and just threw a one-instrument instrumental to get the song done with (looking for america tease, that shit was clearly finished with in 10 minutes).

there is clearly little to no effort put in the production.

hope is the literal dictionary definition of a badly produced song. 

my only problem with the production on the album is with hope.

i genuinely cannot believe there is a single soul who can truly enjoy this trash of a song.

Worms for brains, its a piano ballad. You literally have bartender as your username (another piano ballad), at least hope actually has good lyrics and a haunting melody. I can't with this goddamn clownery :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I agree. It really didn't need to be so stripped down

you're totally missing the point if u think it needs more production, it's vulnerable and empty to match the meaning of the song

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

You're more than welcome to dislike Hope, but don't embarass yourself by saying it's a trash song. Maybe it's not for you, but it was called out by many critics as a standout on the album and one of the best songs Lana's ever done. It's a heartbreakingly beautiful track, and the stripped down production is exactly what the song needed. Cinematic production on a song like Hope would make no sense.

You're more than welcome to dislike Hope, but don't embarass yourself by saying it's a trash song. Maybe it's not for you, but it was called out by many critics as a standout on the album and one of the best songs Lana's ever done. It's a heartbreakingly beautiful track, and the stripped down production is exactly what the song needed. Cinematic production on a song like Hope would make no sense.

Agreed. It's really just not my kind of track. But be warned, the "CRITICS SUCK AND DON'T MATTER, THEY'RE IRRELEVANT!" crowd is about to go after you in 3...2....1...

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

She needs to perform it live already.

It is not challenging vocally at ALL she could easily do it.

She needs to perform it live already.

It is not challenging vocally at ALL she could easily do it.

She'll feel discouraged when the serial killer/radio stans start yelling like lunatics during the brilliant performance, sadly

People who slander 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it' have such a lack of taste, it's sad. I kinda feel bad for them. Imagine going through life not being able to enjoy the beauty that is 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it' .. Everything about this song is perfect. Her most personal, her most honest. The stripped back production with imperfections is truly perfect for this track. The focus is on her, her voice, the lyrics, and the piano fits in beautifully. Her best closing track.   

qfrWuBl.png

People who slander 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it' have such a lack of taste, it's sad. I kinda feel bad for them. Imagine going through life not being able to enjoy the beauty that is 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it' ..

i dont know why but this had me howling xcdgfhvgjfj