Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I'm really conflicted because on one hand the music "critic" in me recognizes how objectively good this album is and totally agrees that she is on another songwriting planet now yet the music "fan" in me does not put this album on as often as I do songs from her other albums. I love the standouts like "Cinnamon Girl" and "California", and its a great overall mood album to put on while doing something else, but I lost interest in the deep cuts way quicker than I did for Born to Die or Paradise

I also feel dirty that if "Doin' Time" were an original then it would be my favorite on the album (except maybe "Venice Bitch"). Its so fun and light and interesting

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Mm. Before I potentially inadvertently succumb to some sort of neg waves bc of life n shit, I just wanted to possibly one-up myself if or when that happens and just had to say how FUCKING grateful I am for these past several weeks and how the music rollout's been a z5d7ffb03de91e.gifway of syncing w life atm. Like, just. I'm a mess of emotions most of the time within myself (Alexa stream Soda.mp3 by the chicken murderess but (she's really good love/hate)) but anticipating the music, the videos, the jokes, the merch coming n coming in and just being able to share good feelings w u guys, even the fucking arguments that lowkey test my nerves n trigger my laugh responses (lol) it's been fucking great. Haven't even gotten to really get over the high of everything to really dissect all that much of what the songs are between the lines in the background but, it'll be Fall soon here, and I'm sure we'll all be having diff sorts of revelations w how the weather and life events transition to Winter, and yeah I always do my best to anticipate shit, but ur never really fully prepared for feeling those things through as intensely in the moment, so writing this to remind myself to quit being a little bitch about it after a good cry- to quick sec crab-stand-flip-jump on my feet again. Mm. capping this stream of sentimentality atm, but basically, stream Happiness is a Butterfly, drink something that'll keep u warm/cool w/e, pull yourself together, nd fucking smile as u frontier the daylight (nd nite time hours, flesh it out too, ur call). 

*in the melody of HtD* This is how, u subvert a spazz fit tumblr_mjy0bxEoYE1qcv2z3o7_r1_250.gif (Can u spell F A I L SA F E?)10-Hilary-Duff-Disney-Wand.gif Now. Where tf is my hoodie, I can feel the earth spinning sliding into colder weather, the clouds r coming n shit tumblr_inline_mib97uEFwY1qz4rgp.gif

UV/Honeymoon

Mm. Before I potentially inadvertently succumb to some sort of neg waves bc of life n shit, I just wanted to possibly one-up myself if or when that happens and just had to say how FUCKING grateful I am for these past several weeks and how the music rollout's been a z5d7ffb03de91e.gifway of syncing w life atm. Like, just. I'm a mess of emotions most of the time within myself (Alexa stream Soda.mp3 by the chicken murderess but (she's really good love/hate)) but anticipating the music, the videos, the jokes, the merch coming n coming in and just being able to share good feelings w u guys, even the fucking arguments that lowkey test my nerves n trigger my laugh responses (lol) it's been fucking great. Haven't even gotten to really get over the high of everything to really dissect all that much of what the songs are between the lines in the background but, it'll be Fall soon here, and I'm sure we'll all be having diff sorts of revelations w how the weather and life events transition to Winter, and yeah I always do my best to anticipate shit, but ur never really fully prepared for feeling those things through as intensely in the moment, so writing this to remind myself to quit being a little bitch about it after a good cry- to quick sec crab-stand-flip-jump on my feet again. Mm. capping this stream of sentimentality atm, but basically, stream Happiness is a Butterfly, drink something that'll keep u warm/cool w/e, pull yourself together, nd fucking smile as u frontier the daylight (nd nite time hours, flesh it out too, ur call). 

*in the melody of HtD* This is how, u subvert a spazz fit tumblr_mjy0bxEoYE1qcv2z3o7_r1_250.gif (Can u spell F A I L SA F E?)10-Hilary-Duff-Disney-Wand.gif Now. Where tf is my hoodie, I can feel the earth spinning sliding into colder weather, the clouds r coming n shit tumblr_inline_mib97uEFwY1qz4rgp.gif

It's weird how I can totally relate. I feel like the songs are fitting into alot of personal things going on in my private life. Some songs are generally pretty sad and not "enjoyable" per say, but they are fitting so well that I can't help but listen to them over and over.

YOU SCARED TO WIN SCARED TO LOSE I HEARD THE WAR IS OVER IF YOU REALLY CHOOSE vkSXvbJ.gif

... the SANTA ANA MOVES YOOOU OOH tumblr_mzxtxr6smQ1rirajgo1_250.gif

It's weird how I can totally relate. I feel like the songs are fitting into alot of personal things going on in my private life. Some songs are generally pretty sad and not "enjoyable" per say, but they are fitting so well that I can't help but listen to them over and over.

It's like some sick cocktail of emotions really, but it's so good listening to em after crying over them, and then smiling about it after laughing at urself. Idk how that works really hahahahaha but yeah, my take on it atm

UV/Honeymoon

HIAB is one of my favorites. Not sure if this is the right thread but check these out. When God was handing out  talent I must have overslept. Imagine having a voice like either of these?

The second one also does Bartender.

It doesn't matter where it comes from, I can pretty much say that it's fake, and if not, I'd be very surprised. They're using FL Studio 12 in this pic, and I've never seen Lana, Jack or even Rick use it, simply because there is way better out there for professional like them. Also maybe I'm reaching but the quality of this pic is so bad that it looks like it's from 2010...

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~