Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Doesn’t that Czech fan account always post fake shit? Pretty sure I remember them posting heaps of bullshit about NFR before it dropped

that account is 100000000% full of shit, the first time i remember registering its existence was when they insisted that lana's lips were 100% natural because "they don't feel plastic when you touch them"

it's just the way i feel

that account is 100000000% full of shit, the first time i remember registering its existence was when they insisted that lana's lips were 100% natural because "they don't feel plastic when you touch them"

thats the fakest shit ive ever read

bitch of course it doesn't feel plastic bc it's full of filler, i've done my lips and they feel the smoothest shit you will ever feel 

:smile3:

Is anyone able to sing this line from FIILY without going out of breath ?

It turns out California's more than a juste a state of mind. I met you on the boulevard, wind through my hair, you blew my mind and if I wasn't so fucked up I think I'd fuck you all the time.

It's frustrating

:hooker:

https://soundcloud.com/user-850697350/fiily

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Yeah they told me they were paying sis $10k to play a private show for them in Prague, among other things. That person has very serious issues. Don't believe anything they say. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Ok some of y'all are being too much comparing NFR to Chuck's photography like lmao thats extreme damn...

NFR is like the most acclaimed female album of the decade. It doesn't matter what 3 Honeymoon stans say on some board. They can keep deluding themselves.

NFR is like the most acclaimed female album of the decade. It doesn't matter what 3 Honeymoon stans say on some board. They can keep deluding themselves.

Ok but WHY are you quoting me with this reply I didn't even mention Honeymoon? 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

NFR is like the most acclaimed female album of the decade. It doesn't matter what 3 Honeymoon stans say on some board.

Aren't we over these critics though? Like you know damn well that if Lana were to release Ultraviolence and Honeymoon today it would get critical acclaim, by the same critics I might add. Born To Die is the most innovative and influential pop album of the 2010s and critics paid it dust, it's literally still charting to this day. I stopped giving a crap about critics when Lana got like 5/10 for BTD by Pitchfork and called it a "fake orgasm" or something, and now they try and convince us that "Oh look at Lana Del Rey she finally released a great album, let's give her 9.4 to make us look like we know what we're talking about", give me a break, Jared.

Edit: Another thing about Born To Die, if Lana hadn't released that album, there would be no Halsey, Lorde, Melanie Martinez, Troye Sivan and even Billie Eillish. 

At the end of the day the record sounds like how Lana wanted it to sound. We've known since Ultraviolence that she has absolute creative control. Yes, Dan Auerbach pushed her, but at the end of the day its was her call, no one else's, and its hard to say how much head butting there even was. "There were moments when she was fighting me. I could sense that maybe she didn’t want to have anybody think she wasn’t in control" but he also said "Her demos were so good, her songs were so strong that I wanted to get my musicians in who I love and get my sound that I get here with her songs and that’s it. I didn’t want to mess it up." Its tiresome to go album cycle after cycle and hearing fans blame everyone around Lana for how her work comes out. "Chucks visuals suck," "Rick's production is bland," "Jack's production is messy" (and lol because occasionally you get "Born to Die was too polished" as well). Maybe Lana's work comes out exactly how she envisions it and you guys just don't like it? That is ok, but don't insult the people around her for it when they have track records with other people that prove they can produce good work. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I can't believe the thought "LFL is a better produced record than NFR!" even arose in someone's mind, let alone someone having the audacity to type said thought and post it on a public forum. Embarrassing. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I can't believe the thought "LFL is a better produced record than NFR!" even arose in someone's mind, let alone someone having the audacity to type said thought and post it on a public forum. Embarrassing. 

Well I said what I said. NFR is musically better than Lust for Life, but production wise, at least Lust for Life was somewhat consistent and had a clean sound. NFR on the other hand is all over the place with its cheap microphone, sketchy mixing and lack of bass. 

giphy.gif

neither are BETTER produced than the other. one sounds more expensive and polished than the other, which sounds more fuzzy and inexpensive in comparison. while i prefer NFR's production, i can totally understand why some would prefer LFL's because of the difference in mic quality, mixing, etc.

The only genre that Lana hasn’t touched at all is edm. I would love a techno album just for the shock factor.

please dont manifest this into a reality

giphy.gif