Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

I said, last week, that if she includes Hey Blue Baby on WHF that it would feel a bit redundant with the blue reference of NFR... I take it back. Imagine WHF beginning with yet another track where she says she is blue... I’d love that!!! And it would be a nice reference to the last album.

I just want that grand, rich, opulent, cinematic sound she used to have. A song with strings will never sound dry and flat. :oprah3:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

This is exactly why I want Dan to make his glorious comeback as Lana's producer. 

I just want that grand, rich, opulent, cinematic sound she used to have. A song with strings will never sound dry and flat. 

"hold my beer" - jack 

ShyDistantIndianrockpython-max-1mb.gif

ShyDistantIndianrockpython-max-1mb.gif

Seriously though... what is it that actually makes you think that Jack is like legit a good producer? I'm genuinely concerned.

praying every night before i sleep that she RUNS back to emile haynie and dan heath or at least rick nowels. jack was cute for one album but we dont need any more whispering over guitar instrumentals.  :toofunny:

Seriously though... what is it that actually makes you think that Jack is like legit a good producer? I'm genuinely concerned.

One of Lana's best albums is almost solely produced by Jack

did not know that Jack worked on both Honeymoon and Ultraviolence?

Imagine WHF ends up being kind of in the vein of SOTW production and genre wise. So like brill building-esque with heavy reverb, kind of like a Jack take on UV-meets-LFL. Just came to mind since they probably started working on the new album around the time they worked on that song.

The most exciting part about knowing nothing about this album is all the possibilities.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

and also you guys need to learn the difference between hating on an album and thinking the album is actually great, but the production is just extremely lackluster.

People wanting another album fully produced by Lana and Rick after Lust for Life :rip:

wasn't honeymoon produced by rick? one of her best albums? i dont know why some of u guys hate on rick when he's actually served a lot of top quality material throughout her career

A song with strings will never sound dry and flat. :oprah3:

NFR (album) is a perfect example that songs even with strings can still sound incredibly flat

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

wasn't honeymoon produced by rick? one of her best albums? i dont know why some of u guys hate on rick when he's actually served a lot of top quality material throughout her career

I think a lot of people just turned their backs on Rick because he was apart of LFL, which is arguably her least interesting (or her worst) album. But to be honest, I see him as Lana's companion, he was apart of Ultraviolence, and he basically produced Honeymoon with just Lana and Kieron, and it is her best album, or at least her most cohesive and greatest from a production standpoint.

I think a lot of people just turned their backs on Rick because he was apart of LFL, which is arguably her least interesting (or her worst) album. But to be honest, I see him as Lana's companion, he was apart of Ultraviolence, and he basically produced Honeymoon with just Lana and Kieron, and it is her best album, or at least her most cohesive and greatest from a production standpoint.

I dont even think LFL being as ugly as it was, was entirely Ricks fault. He was probably just going along with the aesthetic Lana wanted. I think he's kind of a genius at producing subtle instrumentals but at the same time aquiring an insane amount of detail into it. Honeymoon is beyond like anything i've ever heard, every time i listen to it i hear new sounds and the attention to detail is crazy. The whole record has aged incredibly well and still to this day it feels like im hearing it for the first time all over again. Ricks also really great at using strings, he manages to make music sound so beautiful without overdoing it and trying too hard, and the outcome always ends up sounding very authentic and inspired.

Jack on the other hand is better at producing pop music with a much heavier production. Thats why his work on Melodrama, Masseduction and Reputation was arguably much better than NFR. He's great when it comes to grabbing your attention with big beats and quirky pop instrumentations but with an album like Lana's, his production style isn't quite in the same league. His strings have always sounded cheap and soft and his piano chords are always so loud, tinny and obnoxious lmao, i like him as a producer but him and lana shouldn't mix when it comes to the music. Lana's too grand and mysterious

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I dont even think LFL being as ugly as it was, was entirely Ricks fault. He was probably just going along with the aesthetic Lana wanted. I think he's kind of a genius at producing subtle instrumentals but at the same time aquiring an insane amount of detail into it. Honeymoon is beyond like anything i've ever heard, every time i listen to it i hear new sounds and the attention to detail is crazy. The whole record has aged incredibly well and still to this day it feels like im hearing it for the first time all over again. Ricks also really great at using strings, he manages to make music sound so beautiful without overdoing it and trying too hard, and the outcome always ends up sounding very authentic and inspired.

Jack on the other hand is better at producing pop music with a much heavier production. Thats why his work on Melodrama, Masseduction and Reputation was arguably much better than NFR. He's great when it comes to grabbing your attention with big beats and quirky pop instrumentations but with an album like Lana's, his production style isn't quite in the same league. His strings have always sounded cheap and soft and his piano chords are always so loud, tinny and obnoxious lmao, i like him as a producer but him and lana shouldn't mix when it comes to the music. Lana's too grand and mysterious

I agree with each and every single one of the points you've made here. 

It's not to say that he's a bad producer, but Lana isn't a typical pop star (not saying Lorde or St. Vincent are though), but Lana is in a league of her own, he didn't quite get her essence on this record and it shows, Lana's usual mysticism and sense of mystery was lost on this record. Lana though, and this is judging by all the interviews, seems to be quite enamoured with his musicianship... well good for her, I don't share the sentiment here though.