Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

I can agree but now it has me confused cause we were all so annoyed by LFL's production being too varied and all over the place, and now that we have a coherent album in production we are like "noo it's not enough!"Β  :toofunny:

Β 

Maybe Lana has lost that perfect balance. Idk what it is but if I had to pinpoint it I'd say it's the effort she puts into her vocals that really ties her albums together. That's what makes LFL and NFR seem incomplete to me.Β 

Β 

Lust for Life... to me personally, it's not that the sound was too varied, although that didn't make the album sound all too cohesive, the album just had too many collabs and was tainted with trap beats, and a lot of the lyrics sounded a bit juvenile and shallow..

Β 

Now with NFR, while I genuinely believe the album is great, I just don't care for the production and mastering, it sounds really messy, cheap-y, tinny, flat and dry at times. The vocal track doesn't mesh well with the instrumentation on a lot of songs. Vocally there are great moments on the album, but her voice is at times a little inaudible and/or is drowned in the instrumentals. As for the instrumentals, on a lot of track I feel like it lacks bass or percussions to create a deep/varied or balanced sound, that's what makes it flat for me.Β  :facepalm:

Β 

I honestly hope Jack will either challenge Lana more on the production of WHF, or that he as other tricks to show, because I honestly think that it will be NFR 2.0.

Lust for Life... to me personally, it's not that the sound was too varied, although that didn't make the album sound all too cohesive, the album just had too many collabs and was tainted with trap beats, and a lot of the lyrics sounded a bit juvenile and shallow..

Β 

Now with NFR, while I genuinely believe the album is great, I just don't care for the production and mastering, it sounds really messy, cheap-y, tinny, flat and dry at times. The vocal track doesn't mesh well with the instrumentation on a lot of songs. Vocally there are great moments on the album, but her voice is at times a little inaudible and/or is drowned in the instrumentals. As for the instrumentals, on a lot of track I feel like it lacks bass or percussions to create a deep/varied or balanced sound, that's what makes it flat for me.Β  :facepalm:

Β 

I honestly hope Jack will either challenge Lana more on the production of WHF, or that he as other tricks to show, because I honestly think that it will be NFR 2.0.

Β 

Β 

Yes! Particularly to bolded text. I spotted that this would be an issue when the snippets were coming out it on her insta, and sadly it wasn't just the phone recording audio :(

Maybe it's the microphone she sang into idk, I don't know much about the technical side but I'd love to hear what someone educated in sound tech would have to say about this album.Β 

I'm actually not looking forward to WHF at all lmao, i think this album has really pushed me over the edge in terms of high expectations from Lana. I dont think i'm gonna keep track of the singles or much of the pre release stuff, i'll just acknowledge it when its released :pft:

Β 

Β 

Well, we should be getting the lead/standalone singles soon followed by 20 months of silence.

Β 

I get that so much! I really hope she sticks to her plan of a surprise drop: no singles before, no snippets, just the album. I really love NFR, but the wait was excruciating.Β 

I get that so much! I really hope she sticks to her plan of a surprise drop: no singles before, no snippets, just the album. I really love NFR, but the wait was excruciating.Β 

yeah also it was no fun because we already knew what half the songs were going to sound like minus 2/3 songs

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

I hope she won't re-use old songs anymore. Yayo & TNBAR are the worst songs ever.

Yayo is one of the best songs

The reworked isn't as good as the original but it's still amazing imo

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I hope she won't re-use old songs anymore. Yayo & TNBAR are the worst songs ever.

Yayo is so good with a guitar that I wouldn't even mind if she recorded it again acoustic like she does it live, and put it in an album for the third time.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

yayo orginal has a better instrumental and outro, but the reworked version is a lot more aesthetically pleasing, plus her vocals are incredible

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

To be honest it kinda sucked that we had already heard pretty much 3/4 of NFR prior to its release (and like some songs we heard in their entireity if you put the snippets back to back *cough* Happiness Is A Butterfly *cough*). I'm a bit tired of this "look at me I'm listening to the snippets of my song months before I'm releasing the album" sort of promotion (?).

Β 

For one, it creates really high expectations for these songs, and it can honestly disappoint.

Then, Lana being Lana, sometimes just flush these songs down the toilet and we never actually get to hear them.

Β 

Β 

Agree for TNBAR, it should've stayed unreleased at this point. But Yayo is a gem.

Anyone heard about the rumour that a new snippet leaked on Insta, possibly one from WHF?

Something about « White lines on your chest, we’re such a mess, take off my dress, you’re mine foreverΒ Β»... It sounds a bit too much like Love Song to be true. Maybe it’s one of the alternate versions of Love Song?

Anyone heard about the rumour that a new snippet leaked on Insta, possibly one from WHF?

Something about « White lines on your chest, we’re such a mess, take off my dress, you’re mine foreverΒ Β»... It sounds a bit too much like Love Song to be true. Maybe it’s one of the alternate versions of Love Song?

Β 

Where did you hear about this?

WGe8ynS.gif

Lana had a Interview with LA Times but she said nothing about White hot forever.

Lana said she has an idea for a cover Album called Pacific Blue

This woman....

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

Lana had a Interview with LA Times but she said nothing about White hot forever.

Lana said she has an idea for a cover Album called Pacific Blue

This woman....

I’d love a cover album. All the covers she did on her tours were amazing. Maybe someday...