Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Born to Die and Paradise were in the same realm and didn’t sound the same. She also considered Honeymoon in the same realm as those two, probably due to the strings and beats combo, and it also didn’t sound the same as those... like at all. You guys are getting yourselves all worried for nothing. By same realm, she probably just means the stripped back and analogue feel. Maybe she means a different aspect of it. Who knows. But staying in the same realm never meant making too similar sounding of an album for Lana. There are so many directions she could go in within the NFR sound realm, I wouldn’t be worried Lana’s just gonna rehash the same album.

Didn't Lana say that doing things again, she would definitely make Paradise its own thing, like not some sort of EP off Born To Die though? No wonder it sounds different, it was meant to sound different and not be in the "same realm".

Didn't Lana say that doing things again, she would definitely make Paradise its own thing, like not some sort of EP off Born To Die though? No wonder it sounds different, it was meant to sound different and not be in the "same realm".

In an interview in 2013, she was surprised that people found Paradise different and a growth from Born to Die. We all know it was supposed to be it’s own album, no one’s arguing that. It doesn’t change the fact that even she felt it had pretty much the same sound. She called it more tropical and happier than Born to Die but that’s it. And you’re still ignoring that she said Honeymoon was in the same realm as Born to Die and Paradise and it also doesn’t sound like either of them. All you’ve done is confirm that she can have projects that are in the same realm that are also different from each other. You just confirmed we have nothing to worry about.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

In an interview in 2013, she was surprised that people found Paradise different and a growth from Born to Die. We all know it was supposed to be it’s own album, no one’s arguing that. It doesn’t change the fact that even she felt it had pretty much the same sound. She called it more tropical and happier than Born to Die but that’s it. And you’re still ignoring that she said Honeymoon was in the same realm as Born to Die and Paradise and it also doesn’t sound like either of them. All you’ve done is confirm that she can have projects that are in the same realm that are also different from each other. You just confirmed we have nothing to worry about.

Well agree to disagree then, I found Paradise to be completely different than Born To Die and not remotely in the "same realm". I personally found Lust for Life to be a huge let down, and then NFR! to be somewhat of a let down for completely different reasons, and she seems to be going down the same road with the same producer. We'll see.

I found Paradise to be completely different than Born To Die and not remotely in the "same realm".

The point isn’t whether YOU feel they’re in the same realm though. The point is that LANA feels they were in the same realm. As I keep mentioning (and you keep conveniently ignoring), she also considers Honeymoon in the same realm as them. I don’t find Born to Die, Paradise, or Honeymoon to sound the same as each other, but our personal opinions aren’t relevant. She didn’t say WHF will be in the same realm as NFR “according to some random fans online!”, she means they’re in the same realm in her own personal opinion. If you see Born to Die and Paradise as completely different, you’ll probably see NFR and WHF that way too. If you already decided to be disappointed by the album though, there’s nothing anyone, including Lana, can do to help that. Sorry.

The point isn’t whether YOU feel they’re in the same realm though. The point is that LANA feels they were in the same realm. As I keep mentioning (and you keep conveniently ignoring), she also considers Honeymoon in the same realm as them. I don’t find Born to Die, Paradise, or Honeymoon to sound the same as each other, but our personal opinions aren’t relevant. She didn’t say WHF will be in the same realm as NFR “according to some random fans online!”, she means they’re in the same realm in her own personal opinion. If you see Born to Die and Paradise as completely different, you’ll probably see NFR and WHF that way too. If you already decided to be disappointed by the album though, there’s nothing anyone, including Lana, can do to help that. Sorry.

YOU totally missed my point. What I was trying to say is that the way Lana describes her album and what they actually end up sounding like are two completely different things.

YOU totally missed my point. What I was trying to say is that the way Lana describes her album and what they actually end up sounding like are two completely different things.

Then why do you keep quoting me? I wasn’t even talking about that. And why do you keep defending yourself over Born to Die and Paradise “not being in the same realm” if you’re trying to make a completely different point? I said just because WHF is in the same realm as NFR, it won’t necessarily sound the same, then YOU quoted me. If you don’t think WHF will sound like NFR, then idk what you’re trying to argue since that has been my point since the beginning. Try to figure out wtf you’re trying to argue before replying next time.

Then why do you keep quoting me? I wasn’t even talking about that. And why do you keep defending yourself over Born to Die and Paradise “not being in the same realm” if you’re trying to make a completely different point? I said just because WHF is in the same realm as NFR, it won’t necessarily sound the same, then YOU quoted me. If you don’t think WHF will sound like NFR, then idk what you’re trying to argue since that has been my point since the beginning. Try to figure out wtf you’re trying to argue before replying next time.

giphy.gif

oops I quoted you again  :hdu:

Wait......could it  be that Lana learned something from the Nfr era??? At least a little bit?! Because this album is supposed to be a surprise release  in the next decade next year ...hopefully.... so Lana have not to tell us a release date and to be honest in the Nfr era it was a BIG FUCKING DRAMA WITH THE RELEASE DATE! The album can be released anytime but not within the next 12 months And I think she doesn't have to do much or alboom promo in general.

Maybe she tells us so early  that she is working on Whf so that we know that she works on new music and that we know that we have enough time to reach the 4000 pages  

:thankyou:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Wait......could it  be that Lana learned something from the Nfr era??? At least a little bit?! Because this album is supposed to be a surprise release  in the next decade next year ...hopefully.... so Lana have not to tell us a release date and to be honest in the Nfr era it was a BIG FUCKING DRAMA WITH THE RELEASE DATE! The album can be released anytime but not within the next 12 months And I think she doesn't have to do much or alboom promo in general.

Maybe she tells us so early  that she is working on Whf so that we know that she works on new music and that we know that we have enough time to reach the 4000 pages  

:thankyou:

Cute concept. I don't know if she is someone who thinks that far ahead though.

would you guys be upset if Lana opened the next album with a cover of Back To Black since Get Free on LFL ended with “Out of the black into the blue” and then NFR was the ‘blue’ and then she’s gone back to black. it’d be such a good placement for a cover of that track

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

would you guys be upset if Lana opened the next album with a cover of Back To Black since Get Free on LFL ended with “Out of the black into the blue” and then NFR was the ‘blue’ and then she’s gone back to black. it’d be such a good placement for a cover of that track

i feel like it wouldn't make sense for "WHITE Hot Forever"  :facepalm:

As unlikely as I think it is, MAYBE she'll move deeper into Folk Rock? I know she said she was going to stay in the same realm, but since she seems to still interested in folk, maybe that'd be the next step (or the sound she had on SOTW, I guess). It isn't an entirely new genre, it would just build off the sound she's sort of used for songs like Heroin and California? 

I'm just hoping she gives us something like 'Like A Hurricane' by Neil Young, hearing her low voice in Wicked Games makes me want the rock back  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Watch the cover just be a selfie with Sticks

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Lana registered new song titles on ascap!!!

Chase Broke My Heart At California
Dancing - It is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have and I have it
My Police Man Wants To Kill Your Mother

You don't send me hot looking Pepperonis anymore

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: