Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

A song in the vein of Freak would be sexy

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

But imagine Freak with Brooklyn Baby/Cruel World style of production and guitar work, I don't know if I could handle that kind of power.

this would be a Dream come true. Let's speak this to universe

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

For every album it seems like she does something different, so I would expect her to do something a little differently, I wouldn't imagine this is going to sound exactly like NFR, even if she's still working with Jack I would hope she would want to change it up. But I'd rather her have a different producer. 

WGe8ynS.gif

So what do we think about this album having more production/themes like NFR?

Extremely happy about it. NFR is what I've always wanted Lana to do and if she keeps going in the same vein, I'm super excited. Of course I don't think she'd do a NFR 2.0, and I don't want that either, but the more raw songs with live acoustic instruments is what I expect her to keep doing. I just wish there will be more songs with piano and strings too. Also, there's no reason to worry about Jack being the producer once again. Rick worked on HM and LFL, and they're both really different. Jack is the king of versatility, even if Lana wants an album in the same vein as NFR, I'm sure both album will end up sounding different. When you think about it, albums like Cry Baby and K-12 by Melanie Martinez both incorporate toy sounds and hip-hop elements, but sound really different.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

So what do we think about this album having more production/themes like NFR?

I'm here for it tee bee aych

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I would like WHF to be a rock album, kind of like Ultraviolence, but with even more loud, distorted electric guitars. But, the quieter, piano and folk-style sound is okay too.

Extremely happy about it. NFR is what I've always wanted Lana to do and if she keeps going in the same vein, I'm super excited. Of course I don't think she'd do a NFR 2.0, and I don't want that either, but the more raw songs with live acoustic instruments is what I expect her to keep doing. I just wish there will be more songs with piano and strings too. Also, there's no reason to worry about Jack being the producer once again. Rick worked on HM and LFL, and they're both really different. Jack is the king of versatility, even if Lana wants an album in the same vein as NFR, I'm sure both album will end up sounding different. When you think about it, albums like Cry Baby and K-12 by Melanie Martinez both incorporate toy sounds and hip-hop elements, but sound really different.

That actually gives me hope! :) And well said. 

Not that I dislike NFR, but I just didn't want a 2.0

I know this album is supposed to be similar to NFR but ugh I was hoping that it would have a bigger sound.

Although, NFR does have surprising production moments, like on Venice Bitch, so I hope they go more in that direction.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Can we corner Jack and give him a copy of Honeymoon and get him to do his own take on the honeymoon vibe/sound mixed with NFR for WHF???????? 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

She never does a 2.0 of the previous album on her next albums, so we're good lol. Remember we should not believe these early descriptions because we all know how Lana is :toofunny:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I hope this makes sense lmao but would you guys prefer for the songs to be more piano-based or guitar-based? For example on NFR even songs with quite a lot of guitar (California, The Greatest, etc) clearly started out with a piano-based framework.

Personally I'd like songs to be more guitar-driven this time around

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I hope this makes sense lmao but would you guys prefer for the songs to be more piano-based or guitar-based? For example on NFR even songs with quite a lot of guitar (California, The Greatest, etc) clearly started out with a piano-based framework.

Amen!!! That was what I wanted to write: more guitar-based songs. I'm listening a lot to Wild On You / Color Blue lately and it is just so simple and beautiful. NFR would be mostly piano and WHF could be guitar. 

Guitar based, not necessarily heavy guitar or drums, something like wild one would be cute

Oh I just saw the person above me said the same lol

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

This! A guitar driven album would be anything that I'm want from Lana. The opening song could start with a piano intro and end with acoustic guitar . It would lead well from Nfr (Hope) to the new record.

The Songs in the beginnig of the album could have a acoustic guitar (like Wild on you which got mentioned before ) and maybe some songs acoustic guitar and strings or a horn again like in Nfr/California. The album could evolve to songs with E-Guitars and drums. A summery bop with a Florida Kilos sound or a Freak sounding song with guitars would also be fantastic.

In the end the album can calm down to few acoustic songs. Imagine a closer with a similar sound like Pawn Shop Blues

OiUHEXQ.jpg

This! A guitar driven album would be anything that I'm want from Lana. The opening song could start with a piano intro and end with acoustic guitar . It would lead well from Nfr (Hope) to the new record.

The Songs in the beginnig of the album could have a acoustic guitar (like Wild on you which got mentioned before ) and maybe some songs acoustic guitar and strings or a horn again like in Nfr/California. The album could evolve to songs with E-Guitars and drums. A summery bop with a Florida Kilos sound or a Freak sounding song with guitars would also be fantastic.

In the end the album can calm down to few acoustic songs. Imagine a closer with a similar sound like Pawn Shop Blues

this sounds heavenly but its just not realistic   :facepalm:

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF