Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

i think jack is amazing at letting the personality of whoever he works with shine, rather than trying to musically “talk over” the artist, in the way that btd’s production felt like it was taking lana del rey’s original vision and wrapping cellophane around it. i’m happy that none of the songs in nfr are overproduced enough to take away from the emotionality and lana’s voice (other than htd of course, a mess)

personally i’d love to see jack and lana work together again, but i also think it’ll be interesting to see her to work with someone new

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

Lately I’ve been unable to stop thinking about what White Hot Forever will be like, not just in sound. I’m so excited to find out her direction for this project. I wonder what the album cover will be like and what the song titles will be like and what the lyrical themes will be. She always has a very clear vision for her albums so I can’t wait to see it materialize.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I'm actually not looking forward to WHF at all lmao, i think this album has really pushed me over the edge in terms of high expectations from Lana. I dont think i'm gonna keep track of the singles or much of the pre release stuff, i'll just acknowledge it when its released :pft:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ngl when I first heard she was going to name her next album White Hot Forever I legit automatically thought about Wet Hot American Summer  :rip:

Ngl when I first heard she was going to name her next album White Hot Forever I legit automatically thought about Wet Hot American Summer  :rip:

omg i lit rally watched this movie the other day and it was the most unfunny, tryhard piece of garbage movies i've ever seen :toofunny: :toofunny:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I really liked NFR and I think Beef Stroganoff did a decent job at the production but I really hope she gets a different producer for the upcoming album. I wouldn't even mind if it was someone she worked with before.

:legend:  *prays in Kevin Parker*  :legend:

feel like pure shit just want dan auerbach back x

Lana and him really are a good mix  :flutter:

In other news, idk how I feel about White Hot Forever as an album name lol. Doesn't really sound 2 deep ya know. But anyway, hopefully it'll be great.

my problem with the production on NFR is that there is not enough variety, as well as the fact that the piano and strings sound kind of cheap-ish. It's not a bad album by any means, but it's certainly not her magnum opus. 

I can agree but now it has me confused cause we were all so annoyed by LFL's production being too varied and all over the place, and now that we have a coherent album in production we are like "noo it's not enough!"  :toofunny:

Maybe Lana has lost that perfect balance. Idk what it is but if I had to pinpoint it I'd say it's the effort she puts into her vocals that really ties her albums together. That's what makes LFL and NFR seem incomplete to me. 

Lana and him really are a good mix  :flutter:

In other news, idk how I feel about White Hot Forever as an album name lol. Doesn't really sound 2 deep ya know. But anyway, hopefully it'll be great.

That's what I like about the album name tho. It's doesn't need to be deep. It feels light and airy, like she was just like "oh yeah, I guess that's how I feel!" with nothing more to it. But I do wonder, there has to be a title track called White Hot Forever right? I wonder what that's all about 

That's what I like about the album name tho. It's doesn't need to be deep. It feels light and airy, like she was just like "oh yeah, I guess that's how I feel!" with nothing more to it. But I do wonder, there has to be a title track called White Hot Forever right? I wonder what that's all about 

I get what you're saying - who knows what it'll end up sounding like, maybe it'll be a pretty happy album  ;)