Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Q interview is probably months old. Let's not read too much into it.

The article says they met after the show at Jones Beach and before the Berkerly show, so it's not that old really. Sometime between September 21st and October 6th.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Lana with the White Hot Forever material she's written so far after reading Pitchfork's ''one of America's greatest living songwriters'' review.

AncientUnfortunateEyra-max-1mb.gif

My theory about the effects of NFR and its massive acclaim making Lana way more self-conscious about her songwriting and everything, is slowly but surely coming true, which may or may not be a good thing. It all depends on what perspective you are looking at it from. :teehee:

Vrk7MJQ.jpg

So we have mostly like these Infos:

Let me love you like a women

White Hot Forever (if there will be a title track but I think there will be a title track)

The astrology sign song if it is not a part of Lmlylaw

The current sound is similar to Nfr! BUT I read somewhere that she only recorded three songs..

I'm not really hyped for this album bc we know that we will mostly like get in 2020 or 2021. But I love to see how this record will develope and to get a little bit of infos but not to much.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Q interview is probably months old. Let's not read too much into it.

She talks about how great her Jones Beach show was in the interview & the journalist said that show was held the weekend prior to the interview

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

All I see is Lana saying she has 3 songs ideas in the vein of Hope Is a Dangerous Thing... I wouldn't read too much into it.

PSgknGE.jpg

She's not saying she has 3 songs in the vein of Hope, she's saying that she has 3 song titles that are long like Hope and the original title of Young and Beautiful

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

so she just writes a long ass sentence and writes the song around it + makes it the title? :lmao:

Right?? Ever since she released When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing (which could've honestly been shortened to just "We Kept Dancing" or "World At War" like...) and now Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It (which could've obviously just been titled "Hope"). Lana def think of a sentence and build lyrics around that. It's honestly hilarious and ridiculous.

I really hope the whole astrology thing does translate into each song being kind of the mood of each sun sign. If she did it that way, do you think she’d open with the Aries song and close with the Pisces song like the zodiac signs go or do you think she’d start with Aquarius and end with Capricorn to follow more of a standard calendar year? I think the proper way, starting with Aries and ending with Pisces would create more of a dramatic structure and make each disc/side almost mirror each other. I think the concept of each song representing a different sign would just be so interesting.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I don’t think the whole album will be inspired by astrological signs, she did say she wanted to keep the theme of change and hope after all, but aaahhhh, I really don’t get or like or find astrology to be interesting. I hope she won’t mention it more in the song than just like names like Pisces or something.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I don’t think the whole album will be inspired by astrological signs, she did say she wanted to keep the theme of change and hope after all, but aaahhhh, I really don’t get or like or find astrology to be interesting. I hope she won’t mention it more in the song than just like names like Pisces or something.

Yeah it’s probably not an actual astrology concept album. Obviously there will still be some fans who call her a liar when they see it’s not an album all about astrology though. But just like how LFL was full of unnoticed witchy elements but wasn’t an actual concept album all about witches (which some people still seem to think she meant), WHF might be like that with astrology. But luckily astrology is mostly just about behaviour and personality traits, so it seems like an easy place to start to grow into an album more or less about human nature and emotions and personal growth. It’s like a vaguest thing to work off of, so I wouldn’t be worried about it being about the actual zodiac at all. She seems to just work off fairly open ideas instead of focusing on specific themes.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Why is anyone surprised that the album could come out in 2021? We pretty much already knew that. It’s like we already figured she would either keep the name or change it. If anything, everyone should be more at ease because Lana’s being honest and realistic about her process. Also after actually reading the interview, I don’t think the album will be explicitly “astrology themed”. It’ll probably just have subtle references to astrological themes/ideas throughout the lyrics, similar to how LFL had those subtle witchcraft references. And I don’t think it’s worrying that she only has a few songs recorded. She’s probably already written or partially written some more as well. She said they’re lucky if they finish one song a month, so we’re still on schedule. Remember we JUST got Norman Fucking Rockwell less than 2 months ago. She hadn’t even started NFR this soon after LFL came out. Lana’s on a creative spurt right now, so things are looking bright.

What were the witchcraft elements you found in the actual songs on LFL? I know a good deal about the subject and am not aware of any.