Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

When she talks of an “astrology theme” i think she means that’s she’s diving deeper into her own birth chart. She may discover what it means to have a Leo Moon and Cancer Sun which i think is amazing! i’m a big astrology whore and astrology has allowed me to open my mind about the influences that the constellations have on my personality and the way i think. i don’t necessarily see her talking about all 12 signs, just the ones in her chart and in what ways they influence her overall attitude in life. Imagine though a song about her being a Cancer!!! I would totally relate

giphy.gif

Maybe she will have subtle astrological references, like in Nirvana’s Heart-Shaped Box (she eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak)

Except with Nirvana, the astrological references are implemented in a casual, nonchalant way, you know?

With the line Lana provided us with, it seems too 'clunky' idk :ohno:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Except with Nirvana, the astrological references are implemented in a casual, nonchalant way, you know?

With the line Lana provided us with, it seems too 'clunky' idk :ohno:

Yeah I completely agree with you! I didn’t read that line until after I posted but it really is so clunky and too obvious!

giphy.gif  

For Astrology Theme Song

I could totally see Lana singing something like this :

"Aquarius"

(originally by The 5th Dimension)

When the moon is in the seventh house

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius [x2]

Harmony and understanding

Sympathy and trust abounding

No more falsehoods or derisions

Golden living dreams of visions

Mystic crystal revelation

And the mind's true liberation

Aquarius, Aquarius

Let the sunshine

Let the sunshine in

The sunshine in

(Aquarius)

When the moon is in the seventh house

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius [x2]

Or Even Something like this :

"Aquarius"

Simmer down, know you're angry

I can make, make it okay

I can tell, I'm a be your baby

Feel your stress melting away somehow

These hoes you know won't hold you down

Getting so hard to see the lights

Lights, lights low, low, low

Grind, grind, grind slow, slow

Mind, mind, mind numb, numb, numb

I'll, I'll, I'll come, come

[Hook x2:]

Aquarius

Aquarius

[speaker:]

I remember being back in the woods

Everything is gonna change

In a world full of darkness

I've become your midnight sun

Wanna change, the first step is the hardest

A brand new age has finally begun right now

This life right here won't hold me down

Getting so hard to see the stars

Stars, stars are blind, blind, blind

The government, the media, the forums blind, blind

And my mind, mind, mind numb, numb, numb

Times, times, times come, come

[Hook x2]

[speaker:]

The age of Aquarius

The dawn of a new era

[Hook x2]

(Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius)

(Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius)

Welcome to my world

I’m sorry but Libra is gutting their throats

Libra and Aquarius actually both get along terrifically so we should build each other up as fellow air signs, thanks

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Lana should work with Rick Rubin again, I mean he's an iconic producer and produced one of her best songs, Ride. 

Find it unusual all the different producers and musicians she worked with years ago whereas on her past few records she's worked with one or two people

i know she said NFR was gonna be red hot chilli peppers influenced and have that kind of vibe and obviously it didn't really pan out that way except for a few songs, but i'd looooove to hear that really come to fruition on WHF  :flutter: i love the idea of songs that can blend the intensity of burning hot, sexy, summertime tracks like Freak and Burning Desire with the psychedelic, lackadaisical vibes of tracks like Venice Bitch and maybe FIILY. a few lil cute folksy guitar songs would be cute too, maybe some desert rock vibes like we had on UV (i'm dreaming of more songs like West Coast  :defeated: ) and maybe even a cover of Californiacation or Under The Bridge  :flutter:  a girl can dream

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Am I the only one imagining WHF as a cinematic, mellow and jazzy album? The title makes me think of the aesthetics of Honeymoon; Lana with a big hat and sunglasses, during a hot and sunny summer day, laying on the bitch listening to music like Terrence Loves You.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Am I the only one imagining WHF as a cinematic, mellow and jazzy album? The title makes me think of the aesthetics of Honeymoon; Lana with a big hat and sunglasses, during a hot and sunny summer day, laying on the bitch listening to music like Terrence Loves You.

i can imagine this too and i'd be up for it, but i don't think it'll go that way  :ohno:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

i know she said NFR was gonna be red hot chilli peppers influenced and have that kind of vibe and obviously it didn't really pan out that way except for a few songs, but i'd looooove to hear that really come to fruition on WHF :flutter: i love the idea of songs that can blend the intensity of burning hot, sexy, summertime tracks like Freak and Burning Desire with the psychedelic, lackadaisical vibes of tracks like Venice Bitch and maybe FIILY. a few lil cute folksy guitar songs would be cute too, maybe some desert rock vibes like we had on UV (i'm dreaming of more songs like West Coast :defeated: ) and maybe even a cover of Californiacation or Under The Bridge :flutter: a girl can dream

If she wants to achieve that sound there's someone she needs to bring back and someone she needs to leave on the way side.

Sneak peek of Lana Del Rey's Cancer-inspired outfit for the 2020 Grammy Awards being a clue for her Zodiac-connected upcoming album White Hot Forever!

kreeft-kostuum-rood.jpg

better than some of the stuff she's worn on tour......

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Lana should work with Rick Rubin again, I mean he's an iconic producer and produced one of her best songs, Ride.

Find it unusual all the different producers and musicians she worked with years ago whereas on her past few records she's worked with one or two people

BTD and Paradise had a wide array of producers for sure. Wasn’t it Interscope decision though? She did say she was going everywhere, from NY to London and all over the UK, to record BTD and she was happy now to be able to record in LA, close to home.

Love Ride, I wonder how her relationship was with Rick Rubin. We all know she is stubborn AF and nobody tells her what to do anymore and it could lead to tensions with producers before (Dan Auerbach mentioned it). I think it’s our best indicator for future producers: Could she still lead the project with him? If so, there’s a good chance they could work again. If not, better kiss it goodbye.

Both Rick Rubin and Dan Auerbach are out of touch, washed up producers. Lana isn't dumb enough to work with them in 2019.

I thought we all agreed that NFR is in many ways a culmination of the past 7 or so years. 

Now we need Lana to switch up the formula, especially lyrically/thematically, but sonically too. 

There's no going back - only foward! And with talented, relevant and effective producers like Jack Antonoff by her side.

tenor.gif

I feel like we will get a new collaboration with Sean on this album - "The Donuts Never Came (feat.Sean Larkin)"

nah she's gonna mash up the astrology theme w/ her new man; "The Justice Never Came (Cuz He Aint A Libra But He Is A Cop) [ft. Sean Larkin]"

Wq9zHLl.jpg