Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

It’s true for the zodiac signs influence... It could come up in a couple of songs, maybe?

As for a lead single... Maybe? Or the “surprise release” could mean no single before the album?

I like that it’s almost the normal order this time around (if things don’t get fucked up): release date, possible single (even if pretty much all artists release a lead then announce LP’s date and artwork).

Ahhh I forget all about that she said surprise release. That more more sense, thanks!

Hey! She did release Mariners and Venice after the “Middle Eastern misapp”: maybe a new song will be dropped to make us forget :P

Idk unless she has a song relevant to the situation I don't think she will. And I don't think she would have a relevant song but who knows. The Israel debacle was very different and she was trying to distract - she's angry atm.

locals only

I want "Grenadine Quarantine" and "If this is the end...I want a boyfriend" but with dark, glamorous production like Honeymoon

Idk unless she has a song relevant to the situation I don't think she will. And I don't think she would have a relevant song but who knows. The Israel debacle was very different and she was trying to distract - she's angry atm.

But yeah, I think if she released a song now the hate would start all over again, she probably just wants to lay low for a while

I was suggesting “a lead single next week” as a joke. It would be too insensitive of her to drop something after this.

I wonder where Violet’s release stands in the timeline. Alongside LDR7, like many of us dreamed it would be for NFR?

I was suggesting “a lead single next week” as a joke. It would be too insensitive of her to drop something after this.

I wonder where Violet’s release stands in the timeline. Alongside LDR7, like many of us dreamed it would be for NFR?

The possible Amazon thing someone posted (basically there's an unnamed poetry book on Amazon by the publishers she mentioned) says November

locals only

she just needs to drop Jack, I'm sorry to lorde and swift stans but he just doesnt have the range that Dan Auerbach has...like I'm praying dan dms her and is like "shit ma..you ready to put that fire into some good fucking music w me?" pls lordt...

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I mean that doesn't sound too farfetched, like Lana did start the rollout of NFR earlier to divert us from the Israel gig debacle. At this point I likely see us getting some sort of single in like the next two weeks.

she just needs to drop Jack, I'm sorry to lorde and swift stans but he just doesnt have the range that Dan Auerbach has...like I'm praying dan dms her and is like "shit ma..you ready to put that fire into some good fucking music w me?" pls lordt...

I feel like with her recent antics, she needs to find someone that can like push her in the right direction artistically, Jack has proven to be too beige for Lanz. Dan on the other hand, he could legit convey all that negative energy and turn it into fire.

I don't want him to turn the current situation into some cringy "Reputation" 2.0 moment.  :creep:

I love UV, it’s one of her best ones ever and sure did break the “curse of the second album when the first one was so successful”. I love how guitars add up to her cynicism. However, I don’t see working with Dan possible anymore or very likely for two reasons:

1- there have been tensions between the two of them, some misunderstanding while working on some songs. Nothing that they couldn’t get over, at the end of the day, but still. Jack and Rick really seem to be “yes men”, in a way, and she probably will go work with whoever she feels will be easy to work with (boss around?!?)

2- he did reach for her, to produce a song or two, when she was making HM, but she turned him down because it was not the aesthetics of the record. I don’t know Much about Dan Auerbach, but that would seriously compromise my will to work with the girl.

I’d love to have more rock influences on one of her records and Dan did contribute to a lot to UV, but I’m telling myself it’s a “once-in-a-lifetime” album.

I wish she'd just make it all herself with her own mind and 3 chords on the guitar, like her oldest and some of her greatest songs, I don't want any men 'helping' the lyrics or sound, I just want 100% lana

I love UV, it’s one of her best ones ever and sure did break the “curse of the second album when the first one was so successful”. I love how guitars add up to her cynicism. However, I don’t see working with Dan possible anymore or very likely for two reasons:

1- there have been tensions between the two of them, some misunderstanding while working on some songs. Nothing that they couldn’t get over, at the end of the day, but still. Jack and Rick really seem to be “yes men”, in a way, and she probably will go work with whoever she feels will be easy to work with (boss around?!?)

2- he did reach for her, to produce a song or two, when she was making HM, but she turned him down because it was not the aesthetics of the record. I don’t know Much about Dan Auerbach, but that would seriously compromise my will to work with the girl.

I’d love to have more rock influences on one of her records and Dan did contribute to a lot to UV, but I’m telling myself it’s a “once-in-a-lifetime” album.

I sadly agree with everything on here. I feel like while trying to push Lana towards creative/artistic highs, there was definitely tension whilst recording/producing Ultraviolence... but I think it paid off. We could argue about the pros and cons of this kind of creative dynamic, but I feel like, like you said, it turned out to be a "once-in-a-lifetime" album. I think they both alluded to fighting over certain aspects of the record, but ultimately dancing together to it.

On the other hand, I feel like Jack is the exact of opposite of Dan. He just gives me this "Yes" person vibe. Nothing wrong with that, but like I said earlier that doesn't seem to be very challenging artistically speaking. Hence why I initially felt a little iffy about Jack having his hands all over LDR7, like it was going to be a continuation of the beige sound/aesthetic we had on NFR. Though, time will tell, with Lana's recent Instagram antics... I feel like there is some negative/chaotic energy that's been repressed on her part that she actually will devote into her art. 

This. Ultraviolence was a gigantic album, an absolute sonic milestone on her career and on last decade(s) music too. Wanting her to do a Ultraviolence 2.0 is wanting her to copy something that's absolutely developed and unique. I don't want a "second Ultraviolence" precisely because that album is absolutely self sufficient, a concluded artistic manifesto. Wanting so hard, the other way, her energically pushing her vision again through her own artistic boundaries -as she did on Ultraviolence-, not staying safe on the territoires she already has conquered.

And then tour next summer..... a girl can dream.

after the cancellations she said she'd make it up to us sooooooo....  :hooker:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

she is going to change it up again so stop wasting your breath... she never made a 2.0 of any of her albums. producers have their style and personality they put into their work but yall seriously need to stop it with this jack talk. he is a grammy awarded(?)/nominated producer and obviously can bring out lana's vision the way she wants it