Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Also - it appears that she's working with Jack again, so I would probably rule out Ultraviolence 2.0

I am super glad though that she seems to be implying some sort of return to her earlier music, even if it's just lyrically.

As someone who saw Paradise/Tropico/Ultraviolence/Honeymoon as one of the greatest artistic runs of any artist of the last 60 years... I am here for this.

26vMNDz.gif

So does this mean she’s gonna go back to gods and monsters, fmwuttt, off to the races esque songs or songs like hope and change? What do we think the sound of the next record will be?

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

Just some random thoughts...

Do you think there's any chance her Sept 5th date (which is a Saturday btw) won't be delayed.  I would love to see this happen, but after years of her throwing dates that ended up not meaning anything, I just don't have high hopes. 

Plus that date, coming 6 days after the cut off date for Grammy eligibility, either means she's completely given up on winning a Grammy, or doesn't think this album is Grammy material.  Of course, she also could have just forgotten what the cut off date was, I remember reading an interview about NFR where the interviewer told her she released the album on the Grammy cut off date, and Lana had no idea.  It could still be eligible for a Grammy in 2022, but to release right after the cut off date usually would imply you are taking your album out of the running.

she’s deff delaying the album. 1 week before september 5th. but it’d be a welcome surprise if she keeps the date. the roll out for the NFR era is still traumatizing to me so i’m taking her release date announcement with a grain of salt.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

So does this mean she’s gonna go back to gods and monsters, fmwuttt, off to the races esque songs or songs like hope and change? What do we think the sound of the next record will be?

Songs about heartbreak and being in love / wanting to be in love. Some songs will have a similar sound to NFR, plus it could be out around the same time of the year. Maybe she’ll go a bit crazier on the production of some songs? The last songs recorded for NFR had “heavier production”, as opposed to the first ones that were essentially piano ballads.

But hey, who knows if she won’t want to mix it up a bit or has already has?

Do you think Lana will go back to big beauty queen hair, long lashes, long read nails again for this era? :flutter: 

The bond picture and her current lashings are giving me hope. :hooker:  Glamorous Lana is coming back after the indie mall dress mess that was NFR.

Do you think Lana will go back to big beauty queen hair, long lashes, long read nails again for this era? :flutter: 

The bond picture and her current lashings are giving me hope. :hooker:  Glamorous Lana is coming back after the indie mall dress mess that was NFR.

We wish

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

Maybe? I can imagine her doing it just to tick off people even further.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Don't get me wrong I love NFR! and its "acoustic feel"/Day in a life feeling but it would be cool if Jack & Lana would surprise us soundwise or try sth different for this record. Nevertheless I'm excited!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

i’m not sure the exact album i want sonically, but i want her to drift away from the NFR-style. as much as i LOVE that record, i feel like anything in the style of LFL or NFR would be tiring. not because i hate those albums, they’re great, i just want a different sound.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Ideally I’d like more grunge or jazz tones but I’m just most excited to explore the content of the songs themselves. I really hope she doesn’t choose to edit herself or hold herself back.

If this is actually coming September 5th, a single should be coming soon right?

Also didn’t she mention this album being zodiac influenced? I wonder if that’s still a thing or if in her recent fits of rage she’s scrapped that.

I wouldn't be surprised if she already had 2 songs written about this situation. 

Anyway, I wanna see lana make a full real alternative album like fka twigs or sevdaliza. I think it would be interesting to see her vintage voice and vibe with a modern electronic sound (like Cinnamon Girl outro but darker and heavier) 

But I'll still listen to any kind of music she puts out. 

If this is actually coming September 5th, a single should be coming soon right?

Also didn’t she mention this album being zodiac influenced? I wonder if that’s still a thing or if in her recent fits of rage she’s scrapped that.

It’s true for the zodiac signs influence... It could come up in a couple of songs, maybe?

As for a lead single... Maybe? Or the “surprise release” could mean no single before the album?

I like that it’s almost the normal order this time around (if things don’t get fucked up): release date, possible single (even if pretty much all artists release a lead then announce LP’s date and artwork).