Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

Hey everyone,

I just discovered the annoncement with the mail sent by her official newsletter.

I didn't find anything on the last 2 pages, have those questions already been answered :

- Seing the amount of poems listed for Violet, is it being merged with her second poetry book/spoken word album ?

- With the release date in september/october, does that mean that the regular album is postponed ? Has she announced anything ?

Thanks a lot.

Audiobook contains the 14 (probably) longest poems

Written book contains more than 30 poems (she had a lot of haikus that could make it to the book but would be too short for the album)

The second book (Behind the Iron Gâtes) is a different project from Violet

I don’t see why Violet’s multiple releases would interfere with COCC. The multiple releases of Violet are there to allow physical production and shipping. I also see the audiobook out on July 28 as a strategy to get it eligible for the Spoken-Word Album Grammy.

The whole bundle thing has me really confused... Why wouldn't they just put them up? Now we know Rough Trade are doing album/book bundles do we think it's likely that Lana's own store will do the same?

I imagine the bundles may be something like this...

Collector's Edition: Cream (or maybe orange) LP, CD, Cassette Tape, Book

Analogue Edition: Black LP, CD, Cassette Tape

Orange's Edition: Picture Disc LP and CD

please stop. the mods did not side with you or what you said. move on and accept fault. there have been no “punches” thrown. everyone just thinks your a crackhead. you just keep making more and more drama and it’s going to get you banned. just don’t comment on her appearance if this isn’t what it’s about. her poetry book is nothing about her appearance.

LMAO the mods didnt side with me because you are all   B I A S E D

@@YUNGATA said that this had to do with "how i defended my opinion" oh please  :toofunny:  if this had anything to do with being vulgar, youd have a million warning points since i've been speaking with other members in my pms about how you spoke to them in the past

and her poetry book does have to do with her appearance ???? like what?? do yall think its some rando whos releasing it? its Lana Del Rey. she literally IS her image  :facepalm:

giphy.gif

apparently they were on the site for only about 2/3 hours yesterday, so most people think it'll go back on. I really hope so because I really want the cream vinyl!

just found out google sees this link https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/vinyl-del-rey-lana-violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-jb-exclusive-vinyl-lp to jb hi-fi with the word "exclusive" and "coloured" so they're probably gonna sell the cream vinyl

it could even be other than cream bc i googled 0742982 "bent backwards" while the cream one is 0742981

giphy.gif

Guys, the ebook is gonna be available on Spotify, right? It takes me there when I try to "order it now" in LanadelRey.com.

That's weird shit! You can´t read a ebook on Spotify, do you? I want to listen first the audio book and if I like it, I will buy it.

and her poetry book does have to do with her appearance ???? like what?? do yall think its some rando whos releasing it? its Lana Del Rey. she literally IS her image  :facepalm:

Her poetry book is based purely on words, not her image or persona. Everyone who is buying her book are Lana stans, and we as stans have seen Lana at her best and her worst, so it doesn't matter how she looks when promoting poetry. The concept of poetry itself is raw, stripped down and real, much like Lana is presenting herself right now with her book. I'd love Lana to be the 60's beauty queen she was back in 2012, but I'm not going to put my wishes above hers. If she wants to present herself the way she does, then we must accept that. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Her poetry book is based purely on words, not her image or persona. Everyone who is buying her book are Lana stans, and we as stans have seen Lana at her best and her worst, so it doesn't matter how she looks when promoting poetry. The concept of poetry itself is raw, stripped down and real, much like Lana is presenting herself right now with her book. I'd love Lana to be the 60's beauty queen she was back in 2012, but I'm not going to put my wishes above hers. If she wants to present herself the way she does, then we must accept that. 

why does everyone keep saying I'm expecting 2012 Lana. I've literally NEVER said that???

yall have to stop projecting and putting words in other peoples mouths

giphy.gif

why does everyone keep saying I'm expecting 2012 Lana. I've literally NEVER said that???

Okay so what do you want from her?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I’m very curious to hear the instrumentals that play along with every poem. Which ones will sound sad, happy, excited, angry if any. Its gonna be such a fresh, new experience to hear an entirely different project from lana like this and i’m glad she decided to take it up!

giphy.gif

Okay so what do you want from her?

something where she doesnt look like she lives with the homeless in LA

this was literally so recent and she looked so beautiful and "raw, stripped down and real" 

lanadelrey_sep4.jpg

youd be lying if you said you didnt expect more from an announcement on instagram where she has nearly 17 million followers

giphy.gif

I’m very curious to hear the instrumentals that play along with every poem. Which ones will sound sad, happy, excited, angry if any. Its gonna be such a fresh, new experience to hear an entirely different project from lana like this and i’m glad she decided to take it up!

agreed, i love how there is the physical and audio format. I feel like it will add a lot more dimension to the project

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

omg yes. we've heard several albums, but never an audiobook from her. how will it flow? so exciting

also does anyone know if you can skip the tracks? or is it one long recording?

giphy.gif