Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

i was literally surfing the store like every 30 minutes for a couple of days and the cassette was never available as far as i remember, that's why i asked

some people did buy the cream vinyl though because it was there for like a couple hours

ppl listed it on twitter and i purchased it right away 

but i missed the cream one :(

:smile3:

I’m super pissed bc I tried to order the cream vinyl twice and it wouldn’t go through and said there was a problem with my payment. I had just used my card before on Lana’s official website store so there was no problem with my card. I’m super annoyed bc I was like whatever I’ll just deal with this later and now it’s gone. I also ordered the regular black vinyl and the picture disk from her store and I never got a confirmation email. They took the money out of my account and I took a screenshot of the order number so I hope it’s all good.

I'm sure the bundles and cassette/cream vinyl will be back online. From what I can tell, they put up the standard items so fans can buy, then a week or two later put up bundles/exclusives so fans will buy more and that way they get more sales. I'm sure they'll be back up though!

I wonder if the CD and regular vinyl will include some photos featured in the book or if it’ll just be a barebones release since it accompanies the book anyway.

some sites say the CD includes a 16 pages booklet and it isn't exclusive as far as i know

ppl listed it on twitter and i purchased it right away 

but i missed the cream one :(

omg you're really lucky! seems like the cassette was there for a really short time

I'm sure the bundles and cassette/cream vinyl will be back online. From what I can tell, they put up the standard items so fans can buy, then a week or two later put up bundles/exclusives so fans will buy more and that way they get more sales. I'm sure they'll be back up though!

i just hope the standard stuff doesn't sell out until they put up the bundles...

giphy.gif

i just hope the standard stuff doesn't sell out until they put up the bundles...

That's exactly my concern as well. I want to get a good deal with the bundles and I don't want to pay double shipping, but I'm afraid of missing out on the picture disc. In the German store it's not possible to cancel orders either  :(.

after the cream one like hour later

guys u make me feel like im the only one who bought the cassette

is there anyone else?

I didn't, I never saw it actually for sale. I only ever saw it in pic form. I would have bought it had the link come my way tho

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Back when the links were working to the bundles, there was a link to the "tape deck" (assuming cassette) with no picture but a purchase button. I'm assuming that's how some people ordered? I had the opportunity, but wanted to wait until pics were uploaded.

I got the cream vinyl through a specific link, it had a photo uploaded and was available to purchase, though was not on the store front page. Got my confirmation for that before it was taken back down so hopefully those orders are being honoured.

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

I got a reply to my email to Bengans regarding the retail exclusive vinyl. I’ll translate what they wrote to me:

Hi,

we have unfortunately removed the record since the record label has told us it may not be sold online. We will sell it in our [physical] record stores.

I recommend you to phone call and preorder it from our store at Drottninggatan in Stockholm at 08-723 15 46. You can tell them the record has product number 3838570 so they can find the right record. Then they’ll send you a text message when it has arrived in the store, probably at the release date 2/10.

I have no information on what color it is, only that it’s a colored vinyl.

Now this is interesting! They claim that they aren’t allowed to sell it online, but I’ve seen other webshops selling it too! Too bad he couldn’t check the color though. :/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I got a reply to my email to Bengans regarding the retail exclusive vinyl. I’ll translate what they wrote to me:

Now this is interesting! They claim that they aren’t allowed to sell it online, but I’ve seen other webshops selling it too! Too bad he couldn’t check the color though. :/

Thank you for the sleuthing. I'm still guessing it's going to be the cream colored vinyl, but given that it's not available to sell online and I purchased a cream one online gives me hope it's a different color (hopefully orange)

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

I wonder if they want the cream vinyl to be online exclusive for Lana's store, and in-store exclusive for certain retailers? For the sake of my bank account, I'm hoping that's the case (though an orange vinyl would look amazing).

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

Back when the links were working to the bundles, there was a link to the "tape deck" (assuming cassette) with no picture but a purchase button. I'm assuming that's how some people ordered? I had the opportunity, but wanted to wait until pics were uploaded.

I got the cream vinyl through a specific link, it had a photo uploaded and was available to purchase, though was not on the store front page. Got my confirmation for that before it was taken back down so hopefully those orders are being honoured.

Honeymouns may not be directly affiliated with Lana's team (obviously), but I feel like he's usually a pretty credible source. He made a post listing items that were supposed to go on the website eventually. He mentioned that there would be a "cassette version" and a "tape deck". His words not mine, but I'm confused because I though a tape deck wasn't the same thing as a cassette? Wouldn't they both be called a cassette if they're the same thing? IDK maybe I'm just dumb :facepalm:

omg I just re-read her past poems and realized that a lot of them are eh tbh, but I was excited for the patent leather poem until I discovered that it won’t even be in Violet I-. I just know Behind the Iron Gates will destroy us, her writing really seemed to improve

sgopYhV.gif

omg I just re-read her past poems and realized that a lot of them are eh tbh, but I was excited for the patent leather poem until I discovered that it won’t even be in Violet I-. I just know Behind the Iron Gates will destroy us, her writing really seemed to improve

i love some of the violet poems, others not so much. but i also do wonder if we'll see diff./revised versions of some of the poems in the book, since a major publisher bought it (with that usually comes an editor with lots of notes and revision suggestions etc).

aOaIzH2.gif

the cassette had a pic too when i ordered it

:smile3:

I just really want to know what's included in the bundles. It drives me crazy that they haven't been announced yet. Did anybody actually pre-order the bundles? They were up for some time.