Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

i wish patent leather do-over was on VBBOTG, its so beautiful and the instrumentation behind it is literally orgasmic

my expectations for VBBOTG skyrocketed after PLDO 

giphy.gif

Spotify has lots of other audiobooks too and I also didn't think she'd release it on vinyl, but she seems to want to make this into a pretty big project, so I don't think it's that unlikely.

It’s the first time I heard there were audiobooks on Spotify! Thanks for the info! Maybe it will be on Apple Music as well then (though maybe more on IBook).

It’s the first time I heard there were audiobooks on Spotify! Thanks for the info! Maybe it will be on Apple Music as well then (though maybe more on IBook).

This actually got me thinking, I wonder if it’ll be sorted on Spotify as a regular album or as a podcast like most audiobooks....

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

This actually got me thinking, I wonder if it’ll be sorted on Spotify as a regular album or as a podcast like most audiobooks....

Spotify actually tags most of the albums which are audiobooks (on the actual app)! It's just above the title. For example:

MD33gHu.png

https://open.spotify.com/album/47TjPJHrNcFZi8G8uBuClE?si=j47KwX-fT9yYOwniUeyPDg

Just search 'Audio books' and more will pop up (although technically they appear under 'Albums').

3lfQEhw.png

Spotify actually tags most of the albums which are audiobooks (on the actual app)! It's just above the title. For example:

https://open.spotify.com/album/47TjPJHrNcFZi8G8uBuClE?si=j47KwX-fT9yYOwniUeyPDg

Just search 'Audio books' and more will pop up (although technically they appear under 'Albums').

Idk where they appear but all the audiobooks I’ve listened to on Spotify were in podcast format, so that’s what I was talking about. If they’re listed with regular albums though, then my point was irrelevant.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Audiobook contains the 14 (probably) longest poems

Written book contains more than 30 poems (she had a lot of haikus that could make it to the book but would be too short for the album)

The second book (Behind the Iron Gâtes) is a different project from Violet

I don’t see why Violet’s multiple releases would interfere with COCC. The multiple releases of Violet are there to allow physical production and shipping. I also see the audiobook out on July 28 as a strategy to get it eligible for the Spoken-Word Album Grammy.

Oh ok. Thanks for clearing this out !  :)

am i the only one who’s losing mind over the fact that the bundles & the cream.. etc aren’t up to order yet?

Nope, I've been so excited for it all day and I really really want it and thought they were going to put them up today. It's so annoying that they didn't plan this properly. I'll go to sleep now and hope they're putting it up tomorrow as soon as possible.

Nope, I've been so excited for it all day and I really really want it and thought they were going to put them up today. It's so annoying that they didn't plan this properly. I'll go to sleep now and hope they're putting it up tomorrow as soon as possible.

have anyone tried to contact them?

:smile3:

What is the “retail exclusive color” ? Is it the cream version?

my guess is that there's another color behind other product codes

the black vinyl's product code is 0742980, cd - 0742978, cream - 0742981, picture disc - 0742983

yesterday i googled 0742982 and a link to an exclusive vinyl on JB Hi-Fi showed up but it's unavailable rn

there's also probably something at 0742979, maybe the cassette?

giphy.gif

my guess is that there's another color behind other product codes

the black vinyl's product code is 0742980, cd - 0742978, cream - 0742981, picture disc - 0742983

yesterday i googled 0742982 and a link to an exclusive vinyl on JB Hi-Fi showed up but it's unavailable rn

there's also probably something at 0742979, maybe the cassette?

It's a vinyl, the product code led me to the JB site also.