Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

I moved the recent drama following Lana's video announcement to the Instagram Updates thread because, well, everyone already knows all the drama on this site mainly happens in there and it will no-doubt win the Most Dramatic Thread at the Lipster's this year.

(& I really didn't want drama clogging up the Violet thread at such an important release time.)

That being said, please remember to be respectful when voicing your opinion. Yes, all opinions are welcome, even negative ones, but it is vital to remember that while voicing even negative opinions to remain respectful and not cross the line from sharing an opinion or constructive criticism to just flat out bullying and saying derogatory things.

While commenting on one's appearance is something that is personally so weird to me and always makes me uneasy (and has impacted my personal life as well! I haven't left my house without makeup on, hair & nails done, and a dress in 10 years, even to just the grocery store, out of fear of rude judgement, similar to what has happened on this thread today)  I do understand that this is a forum where people are welcome and encouraged to voice their opinions on anything. That being said, next time when choosing to comment on appearance, remember there are nicer ways to do so that still can remain respectful rather than being flat out rude and derogatory.

Remember to also always be respectful to your fellow LanaBoards users, even in a case of different opinions. There is a line between respectfully disagreeing and flaming arguments. Please be aware of it.

Thanks guys x

if you see my first post about her appearance i was voicing my opinion in the most polite way possible. something along the lines of "i dont wanna bring things down because exciting things are happening but i personally dont think lana looks good in that video" we couldve literally left it at that. it only started to spiral the second electra bombarded me with nonsense

notice how i never said anything derogatory against them, i just simply defended my opinion and none of my defense was ever directed at them, while they proceeded to call me a crackhead. really shows that its not really about being polite, its just squashing out opinions that dont match yours. its sad because different opinions is what makes a forum a forum whether you agree with someone or not.

either way, its fine. I'll keep on posting my opinions and people who it triggers will just have to live with it. thank you for Elle for being so professional about mentioning moving the drama to the instagram updates.

i agree when people disagree they shouldnt fight, but let it be known that if you throw the first punch i will punch back @electra  ;)

giphy.gif

To everyone asking about how the trial works, it's quicker for you to just Google your answer. The answer is yes, you keep it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202162240#:~:text=If%20you%20have%20any%20remaining,Library%2C%20even%20without%20a%20membership.

"You can cancel your membership at any time, including during your free-trial period.

Once you have canceled your Audible account, any remaining credits terminate with your membership. However, you will still be able to keep and access any audiobooks in your Library, even without a membership."

And here are some users verifying that:

https://www.reddit.com/r/audible/comments/7bzx3t/if_i_download_a_book_using_the_free_trial_then/

3lfQEhw.png

Yeah, I think it’s time for me to end this day, I don’t think the white vinyl or bundles will go up soon, I better catch som zzz’s. Hopefully they’ll be there when I wake up. :)

Good morning. Still nothing new on her webshop. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The US shop still redirects to the Canadian shop on its own, BUT now today if you switch to the US shop from the UK shop it no longer redirects to the Canadian one.

So I was finally able to even see the US shop lol, and I pre-ordered the picture disc. I might get a coloured variant if they come back, but I usually just get a standard and an extra. I generally don’t care for picture discs, mostly bc of the packaging, but since I plan to get a standard too and it’s the most different looking of the extra vinyls, I felt it was a good choice. I’ll probably wait to buy the standard in store on Oct 2nd if stores are open at that point, so I didn’t order it yet. But if the coloured vinyls come back I might just get one of those instead of the standard or even just as well as it bc this album is so special. But then I can’t waste too much of my money yet, with her upcoming schedule. Tbh I’m so excited that I’m almost overwhelmed that there’s another album to wait for lol.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

The US shop still redirects to the Canadian shop on its own, BUT now today if you switch to the US shop from the UK shop it no longer redirects to the Canadian one.

So I was finally able to even see the US shop lol, and I pre-ordered the picture disc. I might get a coloured variant if they come back, but I usually just get a standard and an extra. I generally don’t care for picture discs, mostly bc of the packaging, but since I plan to get a standard too and it’s the most different looking of the extra vinyls, I felt it was a good choice. I’ll probably wait to buy the standard in store on Oct 2nd if stores are open at that point, so I didn’t order it yet. But if the coloured vinyls come back I might just get one of those instead of the standard or even just as well as it bc this album is so special. But then I can’t waste too much of my money yet, with her upcoming schedule. Tbh I’m so excited that I’m almost overwhelmed that there’s another album to wait for lol.

Not just one more album! After COCC we'll still get behind the iron gates. We're all gonna go bankrupt!

if you see my first post about her appearance i was voicing my opinion in the most polite way possible. something along the lines of "i dont wanna bring things down because exciting things are happening but i personally dont think lana looks good in that video" we couldve literally left it at that. it only started to spiral the second electra bombarded me with nonsense

notice how i never said anything derogatory against them, i just simply defended my opinion and none of my defense was ever directed at them, while they proceeded to call me a crackhead. really shows that its not really about being polite, its just squashing out opinions that dont match yours. its sad because different opinions is what makes a forum a forum whether you agree with someone or not.

either way, its fine. I'll keep on posting my opinions and people who it triggers will just have to live with it. thank you for Elle for being so professional about mentioning moving the drama to the instagram updates.

i agree when people disagree they shouldnt fight, but let it be known that if you throw the first punch i will punch back @electra  ;)

please stop. the mods did not side with you or what you said. move on and accept fault. there have been no “punches” thrown. everyone just thinks your a crackhead. you just keep making more and more drama and it’s going to get you banned. just don’t comment on her appearance if this isn’t what it’s about. her poetry book is nothing about her appearance.

please stop. the mods did not side with you or what you said. move on and accept fault. there have been no “punches” thrown. everyone just thinks your a crackhead. you just keep making more and more drama and it’s going to get you banned. just don’t comment on her appearance if this isn’t what it’s about. her poetry book is nothing about her appearance.

It's useless at this point. They won't get it so...

The ban will come anyway  :yawn:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Hey everyone,

I just discovered the annoncement with the mail sent by her official newsletter. 

I didn't find anything on the last 2 pages, have those questions already been answered :

- Seing the amount of poems listed for Violet, is it being merged with her second poetry book/spoken word album ?

- With the release date in september/october, does that mean that the regular album is postponed ? Has she announced anything ?

Thanks a lot.