Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

i have heard that picture discs sound awful, but i consider my ultraviolence picture discs to be one of the best sounding albums in my vinyl collection, and i don't mean to brag but my collection ain't that small

Yes I heard it varies greatly. If it had a proper cover I would take the risk but without it I feel like the cream version is more worth it

i have heard that picture discs sound awful, but i consider my ultraviolence picture discs to be one of the best sounding albums in my vinyl collection, and i don't mean to brag but my collection ain't that small

I think that was mostly true for older releases. The Ultraviolence picture disc definitely sounds great (better than the UO version, if you ask me), and I have quite a few other picture discs too that all sound nice. Of course there's bad pressings too, but I think that's usually more of a production/mastering issue.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Yeah, I think it’s time for me to end this day, I don’t think the white vinyl or bundles will go up soon, I better catch som zzz’s. Hopefully they’ll be there when I wake up. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

welcome to lanaboards! we spend money on her ugly merch to fill the hole of our parents not loving us correctly. now we’re all here. on a forum obsessing over this lady who doesn’t know we exist. gratifying, right?

this just dragged me by my fucking scalp thnx electra

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I'm going to be extremely busy tomorrow at a family party with drinks so i won't be able to keep updated, i feel like whenever this happens something big is announced and then i'm having to read like 50 new pages the next day hungover, same thing happened twice in the LFL and NFR era. plus its gonna be a friday so... here's hoping she mentions something about the album or gives us the bundle release! please god :flutter:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I moved the recent drama following Lana's video announcement to the Instagram Updates thread because, well, everyone already knows all the drama on this site mainly happens in there and it will no-doubt win the Most Dramatic Thread at the Lipster's this year.

(& I really didn't want drama clogging up the Violet thread at such an important release time.)

That being said, please remember to be respectful when voicing your opinion. Yes, all opinions are welcome, even negative ones, but it is vital to remember that while voicing even negative opinions to remain respectful and not cross the line from sharing an opinion or constructive criticism to just flat out bullying and saying derogatory things.

While commenting on one's appearance is something that is personally so weird to me and always makes me uneasy (and has impacted my personal life as well! I haven't left my house without makeup on, hair & nails done, and a dress in 10 years, even to just the grocery store, out of fear of rude judgement, similar to what has happened on this thread today)  I do understand that this is a forum where people are welcome and encouraged to voice their opinions on anything. That being said, next time when choosing to comment on appearance, remember there are nicer ways to do so that still can remain respectful rather than being flat out rude and derogatory.

Remember to also always be respectful to your fellow LanaBoards users, even in a case of different opinions. There is a line between respectfully disagreeing and flaming arguments. Please be aware of it.

Thanks guys x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Her website is a mess tbh. Still being redirected to spotify when clicking on the order links. The devs should know better than building the page brick for brick

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

idk why people need told so many times, i genuinely think we need some kind of rule or guideline for critique / criticism / attacking because people seem to think that it’s some kind of censorship or attack on them when you tell them the way they have phrased something is rude. you’re allowed an opinion but it’s all in the phrasing. a lot of people don’t understand that.

“her live vocals suck she sounds like she’s been smoking too much” > “i don’t think she sounds as good as she used to, i hope she’s been taking care of her health”

“her face looks full of filler and she looks awful compared to [random photo from 2013]” > “i preferred her style in 2013, i wish she would work with x photographer/makeup artist/designer/director”

“her outfit in this random pap photo is trash! why can’t she be a super model all the time?” > maybe not saying anything at all?

i think this is genuinely something that needs to be put somewhere bc it’s an ongoing thing with a lot of new members that they seem to start on 11 rather than 2.

this is more a general comment / suggestion going forward bc this isn’t even the first time this happened this month.

but moving on!

on where’s the cream vinyl

It's been pulled for the time being. Speculation is they weren't officially available for preorder just yet, but Lana fans don't fuck around and probably flooded the preorders (I was one of them). They will probably be officially up soon along with the bundle editions

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

I am honestly super surprised by the love for this project. In the NFR era, almost everybody seemed to be shitting all over her poetry :/

Except for a few (like myself) on here, it was nothing but shitting on her poetry. Every poem released or posted by her was met with mockery. Now you have fonts spending close to $300 for this project.

Anyway, I don't have $300 to throw around with 50 different versions of this so I'll just buy the book and CD version and be happy with that. I'm glad it's going to a great cause.

Her website is a mess tbh. Still being redirected to spotify when clicking on the order links. The devs should know better than building the page brick for brick

Why didn't S & S create a page for Lana's poetry book like they did for Halsey?

To those waiting for bundles, cream vinyls, etc., how long do y'all think it will take to release them? I'm holding off on ordering anything in the hopes that they'll come out, but I don't want to wait too long and have things sell out  :ohno:

giphy-1.gif 

To those waiting for bundles, cream vinyls, etc., how long do y'all think it will take to release them? I'm holding off on ordering anything in the hopes that they'll come out, but I don't want to wait too long and have things sell out  :ohno:

should be out today!!! i mean what they're waiting for?

:smile3: