The final line "you should come back to our place, baby. Don't be afraid of our love" has two readings.

First, she is saying the even though her man left, Lana wants him to comeback and she is still mentally holding onto their place and their love. (ie. her home is "our" place instead of "my" place).

Second, Lana could be inviting a third person for a threesome/group sex or for some sort of polyamorous love. It fits in well with the song's theme of religion and perversion, faithful sinners. Polyamory was also alluded to in the music video for Freak, Groupie Love, and in her many references to Charles Manson.

The first reading is probably more reasonable, but I do feel like Lana is being sly and intentionally left the subjects of "you" and "our" a little ambiguous so as to leave open the possibility that she is alluding to something else.

i hear "i'm no candle in the wind" or "no more candle in the wind" (which seems like it would make more sense w the vibe of the song? but who knows)

I def hear no candle in the wind too. It’s like she’s saying she’s strong enough. She can take it! Him coming back and whatever that brings she can handle it. In relation to the lyrics about the mans alcoholism it seems like she is saying she’s strong enough to handle any fallout from them being together. At least that’s kind of how I interpret it. Honestly the snippet and the lyrical content is very intriguing. Really can’t wait to hear whole song.

Aaaagh it's so good. Lyrically it's seems like a darker version of Mariners Apartment Complex. Can't waitt

You lose your way, just take my hand

You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again

Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am

Agreed. I really find like the strength and “fragility” interesting. I quoted fragility for obvious reasons lol. But it’s like she’s strong and can be there for this man yet fragile in the respect that she wants him so badly that she pleads for him to choose her but then says “look, whatever you bring I can handle.”

It’s just interesting because she is strong because she is like I can support you. Yet fragile and weaker because she craves or needs a man who she knows is no good for her. At least by typical hyper feminism standards.

Idk my thoughts are scattered. Sorry if it makes no sense lol. It does in my mind.

It’s just cool for there to be so much to unpack from the short preview.

Agreed. I really find like the strength and “fragility” interesting. I quoted fragility for obvious reasons lol. But it’s like she’s strong and can be there for this man yet fragile in the respect that she wants him so badly that she pleads for him to choose her but then says “look, whatever you bring I can handle.”

It’s just interesting because she is strong because she is like I can support you. Yet fragile and weaker because she craves or needs a man who she knows is no good for her. At least by typical hyper feminism standards.

Idk my thoughts are scattered. Sorry if it makes no sense lol. It does in my mind.

It’s just cool for there to be so much to unpack from the short preview.

Yes it totally makes sense. Based on her writing in general, she's drawn to flawed characters. There is great beauty in offering herself to a broken man when she knows that it could be a sacrifice for her and that she might get hurt by him. She's also definitely aware of a broken man's softness and that might be what she's ultimately longing for.

Yes it totally makes sense. Based on her writing in general, she's drawn to flawed characters. There is great beauty in offering herself to a broken man when she knows that it could be a sacrifice for her and that she might get hurt by him. She's also definitely aware of a broken man's softness and that might be what she's ultimately longing for.

This is a really great interpretation/observation. I couldn’t have said it better myself! Makes me really excited for the record and the narrative that it follows and tells.

Like people are complex and that’s one of the things that she really captures. It just makes it all very relatable!

Especially those of us who have been through shit and may have residual issues lol.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:07 PM, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

The final line "you should come back to our place, baby. Don't be afraid of our love" has two readings.

I would also say, because she's been referencing the Midwest/her country life a lot recently with a tinge of nostalgia (and even in songs like I Talk to Jesus), "our place" is actually the place she used to live there that we have a few photos of, when she was still Lizzy Grant (the whole Kansas/Arkansas location situation). She lived there with some guy and I think he's one of the person she regularly references. So she's like let's pierce through time and space and come back to our place even though it might be gone (what the fuck happened here ? Where are all the Christmas lights ?)

Just now, plastiscguy said:

Thot she leaked* :toofloppy: got excited for a min

it's Lana we're talking about, that's most possible to happen :blush3:

on topic I feel it's going to be one of the strongest songs in the album, lyric-wise (kinda like Norman's title track, MAC, hope...).

Capture.jpg

:hype:

:hype:YOU SHOULD STAY THAT CLOSE TO JESUS:hype:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

:hype:YOU SHOULD STAY THAT CLOSE TO JESUS:hype:

I moved ..  for this kween :lanahairflip:

It leaked and it sounds SO good

In my dreams

:eartha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Ok so....who's gonna update this :awkney:

Lyrics will be updated and discussed on March 19 onwards.

On 10/6/2020 at 12:51 PM, Kommander said:

I would also say, because she's been referencing the Midwest/her country life a lot recently with a tinge of nostalgia (and even in songs like I Talk to Jesus), "our place" is actually the place she used to live there that we have a few photos of, when she was still Lizzy Grant (the whole Kansas/Arkansas location situation). She lived there with some guy and I think he's one of the person she regularly references. So she's like let's pierce through time and space and come back to our place even though it might be gone (what the fuck happened here ? Where are all the Christmas lights ?)

which pictures are you referencing? :dmd: